Q5 Best Snow Tyre for 255/40\R21

Leebroath

Reaction score
Hi guys

I’m finding it hard to source an online website who cater fitting 255/40/R21 Winter Tyres

Has anyone else experienced the same?

checking Blackcircles nothing is there, and 0 on Kwik Fit

It looks like @45btvc is using this size now 265/40 21 Continental TS860S winters

Slightly different to the summer size that you quote and he apparently uses from an earlier post - but looks an option?

Reactions: 45bvtc
Hi guys
I’m finding it hard to source an online website who cater fitting 255/40/R21 Winter Tyres
Has anyone else experienced the same?
checking Blackcircles nothing is there, and 0 on Kwik Fit
It looks like @45btvc is using this size now 265/40 21 Continental TS860S winters
Slightly different to the summer size that you quote and he apparently uses from an earlier post - but looks an option?

Yes, 265/40 21 (105Y) Continental TS860S (from Blackcircle 9 December 20) but on a 9J rim (Rotor) and/but the tyres are suberb, absolutely suberb!!!! With mega loads of grip both steering/braking/and acceleration.

Done a few 'catapult' accelerations (6-inches of snow) evaluations too (local side-road - up our relatively steep and snowy side-road) and mega but mega impressed with acceleration 'grip' and braking and steering too, a superb winter tyre.

And my summer 265/40 21 (105Y) Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV tyres (from Blackcircle) arrived today
:thumbs up:

Happiness is
- and the garage smelling wonderfully rubbery... :yahoo:

Still have a set of 4 x 20-inch genuine AUDI supplied/recommended 20-inch x 8.5J winter wheels with DUNLOP SP WINTER SPORT tyres for the AUDI A5/Q5/SQ5 if anyone interested - ran 'em last year/winter and superb - just perfect for the SQ5 :thumbs up:

20inch winters 1 20inch winters 4 20inch winters 7

OK, so I wanted to go 21-inch 9J Rotors, sorry, but happy/content - no pockets in shrouds... :friends:

Last edited:
Reactions: Leebroath
I bought a used set of 20" genuine alloys with as new Dunlop winters for less than a new set of winter tyres would cost. If you've got the storage this is the best option IMO, easier to swap wheels than tyres and keeps the 21" alloys and PS4s tip top for the summer.

Slightly off topic but could all season tyres be an option? I just put a set of Cross Climates on my old A4 cabby and tried them out yesterday in over 6" of snow, it managed surprisingly well. It is a quattro but being sline has less ground clearance than a racing snake so bellying out (and steaming exhausts) were the main issues, traction was much better than the previous PS4s.

Reactions: Leebroath and 45bvtc
Buy yourself a set of 20” replica wheels with winter tyres. That’s what I have done and found it cheaper than just buying the tyres in the larger size. Also winter tyres don’t like being repeatedly taken on and off and the sidewalls can go over the period of several seasons.

Another benefit of separate wheels is they can take the hammering in winter from the salt on the roads keeping your main wheels pristine.

Reactions: Leebroath, 45bvtc and paul wev
Cheers guys, still looking at options

thanks for the help :)

Reactions: 45bvtc