Best snowfoam and pressure washer?

I use both at the moment k2 for over at my mum's and the k4 at home they are night and day...

Reactions: NevMan
Got to say I don't regret buying the K4 at all . Though when I snowfoam I have to turn the pressure dial all the way down . Things got some grunt

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
I use both at the moment k2 for over at my mum's and the k4 at home they are night and day...

Agree. Whilst k2 is ok for car, it is just not very powerful, and may as well get one you can use for patios etc.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Agree. Whilst k2 is ok for car, it is just not very powerful, and may as well get one you can use for patios etc.
Spot on Nev. I do a weekly clean down in the garden with snowfoam and the K4 . Got 3 pugs that frequent the back garden . K4 plus snowfoam makes light work of it , does a great job on the artificial grass and the slabs

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
After a lot of humming and hawing I got this :icon thumright:
Upload 2019 5 5 17 34 39

Ended up getting it on amazon as I had a voucher from work to use up plus it worked out about £20 more expensive but the new one comes with 3 years warranty not 3 months or whatever it is with the outlet.

Reactions: NevMan, Audi Bairn and Bristle Hound
After a lot of humming and hawing I got this :icon thumright:
View attachment 181731
Ended up getting it on amazon as I had a voucher from work to use up plus it worked out about £20 more expensive but the new one comes with 3 years warranty not 3 months or whatever it is with the outlet.
'Tis a great bit of kit IMHO
Especially like the adjustable spray strength lance attachment :thumbs up:

Reactions: NevMan, Scotty75, AlS3BE and 1 other person
Weather has been cr4p so not had a chance to use it yet. Went from heavy rain to hail to glorious sunshine yesterday.
It’s like Christmas Eve and I can’t open my presents :wink:

Reactions: NevMan and Bristle Hound
Weather has been cr4p so not had a chance to use it yet. Went from heavy rain to hail to glorious sunshine yesterday.
It’s like Christmas Eve and I can’t open my presents :wink:
I did mine yesterday with the new Valet PRO PH Neutral snow foam I bought, but 90% the way through I got pelted with hail and had to finish quickly. Therefore no pics or anything of the decent beading. There's a fair smell off this snow foam after washing though. Still had an aroma in the garage this morning as I left for work.

I did mine yesterday with the new Valet PRO PH Neutral snow foam I bought, but 90% the way through I got pelted with hail and had to finish quickly. Therefore no pics or anything of the decent beading. There's a fair smell off this stuff after washing though. Still had an aroma in the garage this morning as I left for work.

I find some snow foam hangs about in the drain at the top of my drive for days after using it. Some smell almost good to eat and some smells awful.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I find some snow foam hangs about in the drain at the top of my drive for days after using it. Some smell almost good to eat and some smells awful.
This is one of the reasons that I have not used snow foam. It seems to me that we should not be flushing this stuff down our drains. As snow foam is designed to not disperse quickly that suggests it shouldn’t be in the storm drains.
Having said this, I have never seen any considered, expert opinion one way or the other.

This is one of the reasons that I have not used snow foam. It seems to me that we should not be flushing this stuff down our drains. As snow foam is designed to not disperse quickly that suggests it shouldn’t be in the storm drains.
Having said this, I have never seen any considered, expert opinion one way or the other.

I think they all can be different and some uses very potent chemicals which should/shouldn’t go down the drain. Not many of us looks at the chemical make up sheet to determine if it should or not. Most of us probably don’t understand as well.
Same thing can be said about things like toilet cleaners, dishwasher powders etc.
I’ve used quite a few snow foams before and generally find they float above the water so lingers about the drains for a while before dissipating. Saying that I find I get that with meguiars gold class too.

I think they all can be different and some uses very potent chemicals which should/shouldn’t go down the drain. Not many of us looks at the chemical make up sheet to determine if it should or not. Most of us probably don’t understand as well.
Same thing can be said about things like toilet cleaners, dishwasher powders etc.
I’ve used quite a few snow foams before and generally find they float above the water so lingers about the drains for a while before dissipating. Saying that I find I get that with meguiars gold class too.

It’s a fair point you make, re the pollution / contamination. I’m lucky that we built in the country, have a gravel drive with about a metre and a half of hardcore below for it to soak into. None of it goes into a public system although admittedly it’s going into the ground, but it should be well dispersed / diluted by then. Only our roof drains into a storm drain and even then that goes into a soak away.

Where I am I can see mossmorran and Grangemouth flaring and pumping all sorts of crap in the air. Worry about that more that the stuff I clean my cars with. Black sooty cr4p blowing towards my house.
If the chemicals I use to clean my cars with is that bad then they shouldn’t be readily available to joe public. That’s how I see it. Tar/iron fallout cleaners is the nastiest stuff I use. Rest is just stuff out of Halfords and the likes.

There was detailer/valet company near my old work and he essentially drove the car into what looked like a kiddy back garden paddling pool type thing to clean the cars to catch all the crap that came off it. Maybe some chemicals should be left to pros. Never got my car cleaned there so didn’t get a chance to ask what da hll he was using.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, NevMan and Whimsy
Finally got the k4 out the box and used it!!
Night and day compared to the k2. Even the foam from my foam lance was thicker and well more foamy! I am well impressed.
Just a warning for those of you that gets it.
I was like a child opening a new toy and not checked everything or read the manuals.
The hose and connectors are greased with some kind of white grease a bit like silicon grease. When you first blast the excess grease comes out with water so first squirt blasted this white cr4p all over the car. Easy enough to clean but annoyed I did that.
Another thing is the high pressure hose is pretty short. I ended up using my old 10m hose instead of the new one. Luckily all the connectors and stuff is same as the k2.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, NevMan and Bristle Hound
Finally got the k4 out the box and used it!!
Night and day compared to the k2. Even the foam from my foam lance was thicker and well more foamy! I am well impressed.
Just a warning for those of you that gets it.
I was like a child opening a new toy and not checked everything or read the manuals.
The hose and connectors are greased with some kind of white grease a bit like silicon grease. When you first blast the excess grease comes out with water so first squirt blasted this white cr4p all over the car. Easy enough to clean but annoyed I did that.
Another thing is the high pressure hose is pretty short. I ended up using my old 10m hose instead of the new one. Luckily all the connectors and stuff is same as the k2.
@AlS3BE - You know the forum rules my friend
If there's no pic's it didn't happen ... :busted cop:
Just saying :whistle2:
lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn, OCDaveS4, NevMan and 2 others
^^^^this

Didn’t get any pics of the splatter. I was so raging about it I had to clean it off quickly.

Fair comment - although as with anything there are good products and bad products. Bilt Hamber Auto Foam is PH neutral, non-caustic and bio-degradable. It doesn't hang around on the drive (or in the drains) for that long at all either. Nowt visible left after I've finished the wash and detail. My conscience is clear. Shouldn't worry about it too much. We do much worse things to our planet than snow foam our cars.

John at the Forensic Detailing Channel on YouTube should be releasing a new snow foam mega test video this weekend. BH AF has always been my go-to, and was his recommendation when he last did this test a couple of years ago, but things move on...

Snow Foam

In John's own words "Nearly done with the snow foam comparison. Should be able to get this video out for this weekend. its been a loooooong time coming, mainly because I just wanted to use the products over the winter before I started the main body of the video".

This should be interesting to watch (if you're as sad as me, lol).

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
Fair comment - although as with anything there are good products and bad products. Bilt Hamber Auto Foam is PH neutral, non-caustic and bio-degradable. It doesn't hang around on the drive (or in the drains) for that long at all either. Nowt visible left after I've finished the wash and detail. My conscience is clear. Shouldn't worry about it too much. We do much worse things to our planet than snow foam our cars.

John at the Forensic Detailing Channel on YouTube should be releasing a new snow foam mega test video this weekend. BH AF has always been my go-to, and was his recommendation when he last did this test a couple of years ago, but things move on...

View attachment 182107

In John's own words "Nearly done with the snow foam comparison. Should be able to get this video out for this weekend. its been a loooooong time coming, mainly because I just wanted to use the products over the winter before I started the main body of the video".

Still don't like bilt hamber snow foam.....
Don't know why Jon didn't use a full list of mainstream foams..... I have used 5 of the foams in the shootout my preferred ones are gyeon and autoglym

View attachment 182107

I've used for of the above & AB Magifoam was my fave
Really gives a thick shaving foam type foam
But I don't 'do' SF'ing anymore so haven't any left unfortunately ...

I've never used snowfoam but am wondering if it would be any good for cleaning the canopy over my deck? It's a decent size, 10mm acrylic sheet over a 10m x 4m area so access is awkward. Drainage is to a soak away in a flower bed.
I've cleaned it once using a telescopic brush/hose contraption taped onto a 3m steel pole but it was awkward and left brush marks. The thought of spraying on foam and rinsing off does appeal if it'll do a good job, would appreciate the thoughts of the experts. I've got a nilfisk PW.

There you go @Jimbob76, even Col rates AB Magifoam

Reactions: Jimbob76
I know we’re going of topic, but what SF do you rate the best @q5man?

For me a close run thing between AngelWax Cleanliness and Bilt Hamber Auto Foam. Used the AngelWax mainly over the winter

Reactions: SPIKE_
For me a close run thing between AngelWax Cleanliness and Bilt Hamber Auto Foam. Used the AngelWax mainly over the winter
Or even better mix em up in the one bottle

Reactions: Bristle Hound
I used Adams blue shampoo as snow foam today after watching videos about it

Yes, it foams like no tomorrow and thicker than shaving foam lol but the cleaning properties are zero/nothing and a waste of time and product.

I then moved back to my go to (Bilt Hamber Auto foam) and wow really is night and day for cleaning.

Adams shampoo as just a shampoo is great though. Great suds, ideal to use on a sunny day.

Must check out this AngelsWax stuff then! :icon thumright:

@SPIKE_S3 - May be should have expanded my explanation
I've got no AB Magifoam SF left, however I do have nearly 10 litres of unused SF, which is gonna last me quite a few years lol
@q5man - Sorry to rain on your parade Nev but AW Cleanliness is a pre-wash & not a SF

Reactions: SPIKE_ and NevMan
Parade NOT rained on

Yup..... any cpw mixed with a snow foam then yer getting the best of both worlds

Apologies if I've missed it above, but is there a recommended mix ratio of CPW / Snow Foam / Water in the lance bottle for this? Want to try it but scared i burn my paint off :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Jassyo06
Apologies if I've missed it above, but is there a recommended mix ratio of CPW / Snow Foam / Water in the lance bottle for this? Want to try it but scared i burn my paint off :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
It's all down to trial and error
I normally fire in a 100ml of Angelwax cleanliness and 200 mls of a snow foam into the lance bottle it works for me but its all dependant on how unclean yer car is and its seasonal as well mostly for the winter months or if yer car is covered in summer bug splat

Reactions: Audi Bairn