Best snowfoam and pressure washer?

Nilfisk E160.1 and Autoglym snow foam - fantastic combination. I have had really bad experiences with Karchers and their induction motors losing the will to live. The Nilfisk is used weekly, cleans a big driveway regularly and hasnt missed a beat.

Bought another K4 for washing cars over at my mums £149 from homebase

Reactions: Scotty75 and NevMan
I have just tried the pound shop car shampoo through my snow foam cannon/gun/lance/whatever else its called, and, apart from the bottle fitting directly to my gun, it foamed very well and seemed to clean pretty well too, half a bottle did my car with a good coverage,
give it a go and let me know :)

Half a bottle ....... No wonder it foamed well

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SiPie and NevMan
Half a bottle ....... No wonder it foamed well

Jeez! Half a bottle. Anything would foam loads through a lance, especially half a bottle. Cannot best Bilt Hamber Auto Foam, end of

Reactions: Scotty75
Just wondering what everyone uses for their car. I don't have proper pressure washer setup and I am wanting to get one just for the car. Can anyone recommend a fairly cheap setup that does the job. Thanks.

I use the karcher k2 also and as said already, the hose thing is very short.
I use bilt hamber auto foam, I think it’s called. Only about £15 for 5L. Not the best if you love a tonne of foam but does what it’s supposed to do and that’s remove dirt etc before you start your contact wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just use Citrus Prewash - works well. I was a bit concerned about hosing all the foam down the road to the drain.
How eco is this?

Very. The citrus ingredient in it is used to make orange juice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the mid level K4 I think it is, not the compact and not the one with the funky LED pressure control stick, what's helped "foamage" is we have recently had a water softener installed which goes to the outside tap as well, using this for snow foaming boosts the foam. Not sure if the softener makes water 0ppm to allow to air dry...don't want to try.

Reactions: NevMan
Yeah half a bottle was a tad excessive I’ll admit however for that half a bottle or half litre, was the princely sum of 50p so not that pricey, I will try at some point using it diluted and see how it goes, have used a few other proper snow foams, and yes they may perform slightly better but this stuff is nice and cheap and I just wanted to give it a try and I’m pleased I did

I use the mid level K4 I think it is, not the compact and not the one with the funky LED pressure control stick, what's helped "foamage" is we have recently had a water softener installed which goes to the outside tap as well, using this for snow foaming boosts the foam. Not sure if the softener makes water 0ppm to allow to air dry...don't want to try.

Water Softener won’t make the water 0ppm, as softeners change dissolved hardness into dissolved sodium bicarbonate which removes limescale. However if you boiled the resultant water you will have a residue at the end which would be left on car if you let it dry in the sun

Water Softener won’t make the water 0ppm
This is what I thought, well not that technical jargon anyhow haha! Will get back on the case looking at a 0ppm filter, will make cleaning a darn site easier, especially the parent's black A6 :crying:

Reactions: NevMan
This is what I thought, well not that technical jargon anyhow haha! Will get back on the case looking at a 0ppm filter, will make cleaning a darn site easier, especially the parent's black A6 :crying:
Jeez ........ Mate feeling that pain . My black A3 is challenging enough , A6 in black is a big task

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Jeez ........ Mate feeling that pain . My black A3 is challenging enough , A6 in black is a big task

Certainly is, the parents don't have much time to keep on top of it, their old X5 was a right state I finally got round to giving it a good detail and they sold it for the A6 Avant.

Next time I give it a clean I'll get some pics up here, looks proper mean in black on the upgraded OEM rims

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bristle Hound, NevMan and Scotty75
Certainly is, the parents don't have much time to keep on top of it, their old X5 was a right state I finally got round to giving it a good detail and they sold it for the A6 Avant.

Next time I give it a clean I'll get some pics up here, looks proper mean in black on the upgraded OEM rims

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I do like the A6 avant shape, I had one in white before Q5, but definitely looks better (doesn't anything) in black.

Must admit I would not mind at all if my next car was white or silver :bye:

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Scotty75 and Adam14