Best trade in price

Cairnsy13

Reaction score
Was unsure where to put this on the forum buy since this is one of the most active sections and I'm getting an S3 shortly anyway I guessed here would be best.

In terms of trading in my A1, where have others found is the best place to go to get the best deal? Or is private sale the best route to go?

I've been offered £11000 from my local audi dealer and they've given me 9% off my new order so that makes up for the £1500 deficit to clear my outstanding finance but it just got me thinking if I could find another garage to buy my motor I could get that £1500 in my pocket.

So where's the best place to go that you've found?

Was unsure where to put this on the forum buy since this is one of the most active sections and I'm getting an S3 shortly anyway I guessed here would be best.

In terms of trading in my A1, where have others found is the best place to go to get the best deal? Or is private sale the best route to go?

I've been offered £11000 from my local audi dealer and they've given me 9% off my new order so that makes up for the £1500 deficit to clear my outstanding finance but it just got me thinking if I could find another garage to buy my motor I could get that £1500 in my pocket.

So where's the best place to go that you've found?
Try We Buy Any Car.com You have nothing to lose...:shrug:

Private sale is always going to give you the highest price but you have to trade that off against time to taken to sell. Selling your car privately but at the bottom end of the price range will help you sell quicker but you might not fully cover your shortfall.

Another option is to sell to a small independent dealer who does not have such a larger overhead so might offer you a better price, buta gian yo umight not cover all your shortfall

i looked into we buy any car/we want any car when trading my a5 for the s3 but heard alot of negative reviews, you'll get what seems a good price on your first evaluation but when you take it in they will start to knock it down. I looked at local traders with decent reviews, took it to one, done a bit of haggling and got 1500 more than what audi offered, cleared the outstanding finance and had a little bit extra left over that went into my pocket.

Reactions: Cairnsy13 and pburv
Right I've had a look on local dealer sites and wbac etc and am getting a better price than audi are offering, even taking the discount into account so what happens now, am I legally obliged to trade my car into Audi since I signed the contract with the trade in as well or can I just remove the trade in and apply the discount to the new car?

Right I've had a look on local dealer sites and wbac etc and am getting a better price than audi are offering, even taking the discount into account so what happens now, am I legally obliged to trade my car into Audi since I signed the contract with the trade in as well or can I just remove the trade in and apply the discount to the new car?
Tricky one since you have signed the contract.If I was you i would have a word with your salesman and tell him you have a higher price..See what he has to say about that...Good luck

Have you signed the actual finance documents agreeing everything? I signed some paperwork when i put my deposit down to secure the build which had the price of the car, options, finance, trade in value etc. but it kept changing over the course of the build as i was adding and removing options.

I never signed the final finance documents until 2days before i picked up the car and that's when i told Audi i wouldn't be trading my a5 in with them i sold to an dependent dealer so my salesman had to go away and tweek the documents which ended up being paying 1k less deposit on the s3.

Sell car uk. I've to used them before and they are good.

Have you signed the actual finance documents agreeing everything? I signed some paperwork when i put my deposit down to secure the build which had the price of the car, options, finance, trade in value etc. but it kept changing over the course of the build as i was adding and removing options.

I never signed the final finance documents until 2days before i picked up the car and that's when i told Audi i wouldn't be trading my a5 in with them i sold to an dependent dealer so my salesman had to go away and tweek the documents which ended up being paying 1k less deposit on the s3.
Yeah that's the stage I'm at I think, haven't signed anything other than the documents the day I ordered the car, should be alright then! Cheers

WBAC was £1500 more than trade in for me ( A3 TDI 170 quattro s/b) and dealer could not match. Still got around 10% discount as well.
For daughters A1 dealer was much better than WBAC , so just worth a punt. If you have any dents/ wheel damage they reduce the price using the "chips away" tariff.
So if your car is fairly clean you get the price.
What I would say is that I went online with WBAC and got a price and every two weeks they offered more. It went up £600 in six weeks or so....

Reactions: SmileyS3
If you get a quote from wbac the value of your car miraculously goes up after a couple of weeks ! A few guys I work with have used than with no problems , the key is taking the rose tinted specs off and honestly describe your car !

Absolutely. WBAC finally valued mine at £100 less than the original website offer because of a scratch on the rear bumper, which I knew about, that would would need to be repaired. Overall very happy and would use them again without hesitation.

Yeah that's the stage I'm at I think, haven't signed anything other than the documents the day I ordered the car, should be alright then! Cheers
Yeh you're fine mate you've not signed anything to accept the car yet and agree the final finance figures.

Hi all. Im looking to buy a new S3 / RS3 and tun wells trade value on my 26k mile S3 (2011) was offensive!

Will try WBAC... any others recommended that do online valuations?

Hi all. Im looking to buy a new S3 / RS3 and tun wells trade value on my 26k mile S3 (2011) was offensive!

Will try WBAC... any others recommended that do online valuations?
I've not tried any local dealers but out of the online places I've found wewantanycar.com to give me the best price, by £1500 compared to other places. I'd give there a shot if you can

Reactions: Schlaag
Right I've a bit of a dilemma now, out of curiosity I checked with a previous carwow offer from Coventry audi to see their trade in value, without even seeing the car they've offered £11800 and that's with 15% off the new S3. So basically for the exact same price (only with a trade in price of £1800 more than my local audi) I'd be getting pan roof, b&o, reversing camera and mono pur (gimmick I know) but that's basically every decent option box ticked for me. In my head I'd be silly not to take it, it'd mean waiting an extra month to pick the car up and I've already been waiting 3 months so ideally I want it sooner rather than later.
Do I stick with my local audi to get a lesser car for the same price and get it sooner or do I go for the carwow deal, sigh.

Right I've a bit of a dilemma now, out of curiosity I checked with a previous carwow offer from Coventry audi to see their trade in value, without even seeing the car they've offered £11800 and that's with 15% off the new S3. So basically for the exact same price (only with a trade in price of £1800 more than my local audi) I'd be getting pan roof, b&o, reversing camera and mono pur (gimmick I know) but that's basically every decent option box ticked for me. In my head I'd be silly not to take it, it'd mean waiting an extra month to pick the car up and I've already been waiting 3 months so ideally I want it sooner rather than later.
Do I stick with my local audi to get a lesser car for the same price and get it sooner or do I go for the carwow deal, sigh.

WELL .....You are getting that very high discount,because its the existing car model simple's, if you are happy with that? of which you should be,thats 3-5/4% more than anyone else on this forum...has got,so take it and kick yerself silly when you see the new model...in 4/5 months time mate swings and roundabouts.

Its a AUDI.....*** why do ya think they are givin you such a high discount...its not a vauxhall or a Ford.....15% is silly really