Best tyres people have found

Mrt4x4

Reaction score
As above what tyre recommendations do we have for an all round year tyre,

Swaying towards contact 5s at the mo, although im yet to use them in past had both sets of falkens, verdestien ultracs and p600s that are on now

Thanks

just put Khumo LeSport on my S6 and am amazed how good the wet weather traction is compared to the pilots that were on there before. And they're cheap. Paid £300 for 2x 255/35/19's

Not found anything that gets close to the Pirelli P Zero in the wet, but they do wear quickly.
They would be my choice if doing low mileage.

Last pair of Michelin Pilot sport 3 lasted better, would go for them if it's a daily driver.

Goodyear Eagle F1 assymetric 2 . Usually come in the top 3 of any tyre test winning a lot of them. Very good all round tyre and quite well priced too. Paid £386 for 4 delivered from Camskill 235 / 45 /17 97 XL .

Karl.

just put Khumo LeSport on my S6 and am amazed how good the wet weather traction is compared to the pilots that were on there before. And they're cheap. Paid £300 for 2x 255/35/19's

Kumho LeCrack and a 3.5 mm pointless rim protector.

20131105 144324

20131105 143251

Michelin Pilot SuperSports!!!

Had these for a couple of months now and they are by far the best in terms of improving grip, cornering, acceleration and control, I could go on. They are just immense!!

My only concern is how long they last as they're not cheap.

Michelin Pilot SuperSports!!!

Had these for a couple of months now and they are by far the best in terms of improving grip, cornering, acceleration and control, I could go on. They are just immense!!

My only concern is how long they last as they're not cheap.

How? :confused:

They are not available in XL fitment yet as far as I know? Where did you get them from and what's the size fella?

PS3's get my vote but I am not a hard driver so thinking of switching to michelin primacy's next time to lower rolling residence and lower the noise level.

What are you after more than all round? Cause a tyre can be great for one person but not for another, depending on the car, driving style, use etc.

Vredstein Sessanta Ultracs, best tyre I have ever had on a car.

Previously had Rosso P Zeros, great wear, grip and quiet

Reactions: MrBones
Bridgestone Potenzos all the way for me, have not had a set n a long time due to the cost, but they are bang on

Bridgestone Potenzas are great, also the Good Year Eagle F1 was very good for me too, however I recently changed to some Firestone SZ90's and I tell you what, I am very impressed, the wet and dry grip on them is excellent, they are nice and quiet too and seem to be lasting quite well oh and the pattern on them is pretty funky too.

I think I paid £320 for a set of 4 (225-45-17).

Hope that Helps

I have kumho ecsta supras 235/40/17 on rear and falken z912s on front 215/40/17 loads of front end grip and the rear is planted until mid boost on a tight corner then it's quite fun not much under steer either

Thanks for the info people a lot of mixed opinions/reviews

Im after an all round tyre plainly for the rain we have all year round but also a decent summer tyre for tht 2 weeks we can go nuts for in the sun

Has anyone not tried the conti contact 5s i was recommended these all fall within my £95 a tyre budget on camskill

Also theres a few speed ratings and bits im unsure on, which is the correct setup for the s3 avus 17's 225/45/17

What does xl mean? I know it means extra load but why do s3s need these?

XL on an s3 is 92y

Standard s3 load rating in 88y

I would go for the Conti's,

I have had the 2 and the 3s and they were very very good, so I can only imagine the 5s will be just as good.

I just got a set of Uniroyal Rainsport 3s on the Wifes car, had them on for a couple of months and im very impressed with them as well.

i had falken 453's and for day to day driving and the odd hooning they were great! only got about 9k out of them though :(

Kumho LE Sports - I've not had a problem with these cracking (yet) and I've had them for a year as my summer tyres. Seem ok to me.

Conti 5s - was really impressed with Conti 2s previously and have just bought a set of 5s for the family bus. Putting them on tomorrow.

Vredstein Sessanta Ultracs, best tyre I have ever had on a car.

Previously had Rosso P Zeros, great wear, grip and quiet

Ive run Falken FK452`s as they were great for the money they cost and it looks like the Vredstein is the new FK452 as it get good reviews and is still well priced.

I used to have Goodyear eagle f1 gsd3 until they were discontinued, now on bridgestone potenza s001 at £90 fitted per corner from Euro fit.
The f1 would do about 15k on the front and 20k on the rear, but these have done more than that and still look they have a good few thousand miles left :)
It gets a very easy life commuting to work, the grip is more than adequate.
Dave

What a bunch of %^£&()"%£")

The price has gone up over £10 a tyre since yesterday on that link! :mad:

Believe it or not I kept checking this site for price almost daily and it was £140

I emailed them asking the best price, they emailed back saying £140 was the best price, then dropped them to £114, that afternoon, so I got them at £114 each, bargain.

Bridgestone Potenzos all the way for me, have not had a set n a long time due to the cost, but they are bang on

I run Bridgestone Potenza on mine and cannot fault them. I used to run them on my Evo 6 and didn't hesitate when the S3 needed tyres