Best Wax for Brilliant Black

I'm not necessarily convinced that you can tell the effect a wax has to such an extent on different colours as the preparation has more impact IMO. However always happy to be shown differently.

When you say best what are you looking for ? Longevity, looks, beading, ease of application, cost etc as there is usually some trade off

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Adam14
I'm not necessarily convinced that you can tell the effect a wax has to such an extent on different colours as the preparation has more impact IMO. However always happy to be shown differently.

When you say best what are you looking for ? Longevity, looks, beading, ease of application, cost etc as there is usually some trade off

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
I know certain brands, like Angelwax, do certain waxes for certain colours. I previously told used their wax for red cars on my A4 B8 and it was really good. Like you, I don’t know how different, if any, these waxes are for certain colours as compared to generic waxes.

If you were happy with results on you A4 with Angelwax then why not try that. Then if your not happy with it give something else a go.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
That website is the devil.......after a visit there you end up spending £100’s! Lol
Bad time of year to apply a wax to any car unless you've got a warm garage of your own .....curing times are multiplied ten fold .....cold,damp,wet weather ..etc
By the way Autoglym UHD wax....is my favorite wax and l have purchased a few expensive waxes and resort back to this wax

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: OCDaveS4
Bad time of year to apply a wax to any car unless you've got a warm garage of your own .....curing times are multiplied ten fold .....cold,damp,wet weather ..etc
By the way Autoglym UHD wax....is my favorite wax and l have purchased a few expensive waxes and resort back to this wax

Yeah I agree it’s the worst time. The car currently looks like it doesn’t have anything on it at the moment. I wanted to clay bar and iron-x it before applying some wax.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I use Poor Boys Nattys Black paste wax on mine, not expensive and you don't get any white dust from it.

I used some Maguire's ultimate paste wax I got for free from slims. Gloss from that stuff is ridiculous. Better than the swissvax best of show wax and that was +200 quid.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Pic below
f4981f03c12028bdacb99a6c37fe369d.jpg

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ScottishA4B9, Jassyo06 and AllanG
@ScottishA4B9 - You've had me thinking about this one

When I got my new X3 last November I had a similar problem with the naff weather, so I went down the Gyeon Cure route, which I had intended being a stop gap until the better weather. Having not used Cure for sometime I forgot how good it is
It was layering nicely as I always gave the X3 a coat after every wash, somuch so I've carried on using it for the last 12 months
Surprisingly over the 12 month period I've only used a 1/2 a bottle & my X3 ain't small!

Another product getting good reviews is TAC Systems Shinee Wax -
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TAC-Syst...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I haven't tried it yet as I have a fair few products to use first - like 2 1/2 bottles of Cure to use lol

Some good recommendations there guys thanks. I always said I would never have a black car......and what did I buy!!! Lol. It’s only meant to be my stop gap car until the new car arrives but I still want to detail within an inch of its life....just can’t help myself! Lol

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Winter is a pain for any kind of detailing. Damp weather, cold etc only good thing is the products/soap don’t get baked on before you can do anything about it.
I would say as stop gap and if there’s minor swirling on the paint use something like autoglym radiant wax. It’s a filler polish with a bit of wax in it, basically super resin on steroids. I’ve had some good results on dark colour cars which is bad for showing swirls and the finish lasts a good few months. Top it off with cheap and cheerful turtle wax spray and shine now and again and it holds up quite well.

I’ve used Blackfire Midnight Sun for years - love the results and easy to put on. Always order mine from Polished Bliss.
0158BF50 FC50 4C89 9C39 6F65DE9BCA41

Reactions: AlS3BE
Autoglym UHD wax applied last Sunday
c87dc53b02f5ab285a6287b29f48054a.jpg

Reactions: Maddave, 8YARWY, Swanny356 and 5 others
My suggestion would be Soft99 Fusso Dark.
I used last weekend the old and trusty Meguiars #16 for my black car. Did not have the time and effort to polish and put ceramic coating on it.
20210228 105002 1
20210228 104923 1
20210228 104901 1

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06, 8YARWY and Swanny356
2 more here for Fusso dark and light.

0d0f5ecf72e5dfc8bc2c77137fa8ecb7.jpg

45e0bf54e34085f2430a1c174318d035.jpg

5e722a60fa193bb6fe83cf7d24f96da2.jpg

2423787fa7740d86f221593369c6ad7b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06 and makelja
Best bang for buck all round wax which behaves like a ceramic is Bilt Hamber double speed wax. £15 a tin, works on all colours and goes a long way, ultra glossy and Ideal spring summer protection, I got 6 months protection on my golf (which was garaged) and 4 months on my wife’s Leon (open to the elements and driven more).

I'll second the bilt hamber wax too. Decided to go this route this time instead of a coating I normally do and I must say the paint work feels and looks slicker and sharper than it did with a coating. A joy to wash and dry. I top it off with P&S beadmaker.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
7a13e2164f3a055a5a0ec3a11f4356fc.jpg

Reactions: ScottishA4B9, josul and KapB
I'll second the bilt hamber wax too. Decided to go this route this time instead of a coating I normally do and I must say the paint work feels and looks slicker and sharper than it did with a coating. A joy to wash and dry. I top it off with P&S beadmaker.

7a13e2164f3a055a5a0ec3a11f4356fc.jpg
I quite like the BH as well. Not meant as a criticism because your car looks stunning but doesn't the photo actually show what beadmaker looks like as it's the final coat

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

I quite like the BH as well. Not meant as a criticism because your car looks stunning but doesn't the photo actually show what beadmaker looks like as it's the final coat

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk
Thanks mate, bead maker was not applied at this point in time. This was the first photo of my car after the wax application. Beadmaker is used on every wash after this point. Even with beadmaker applied the car still as that rich slicker look along with the wax coating.

Reactions: Taxboy
I use angelwax enigma wax for the winter and ag hd wax in the summer with chemical guys butter wet wax as a topper.It doesn’t last long 4 weeks or so but is a show off wax for the summer looks awesome on a black car and goes on quick and easy 20 min for the S4

Reactions: Jassyo06