Bet this have been asked before S3 and RS3 whats the difference 2015

Reactions: Blackwhite and veeeight
Have an RS3 booked for this Wednesday at an Audi do at Cadwell Park should be an interesting drive. I need some convincing the car is worth the extra 10k. I have to admit in the 6 months I've had my S3 the thought that it needed a little more power never crossed my mind.

Have an RS3 booked for this Wednesday at an Audi do at Cadwell Park should be an interesting drive. I need some convincing the car is worth the extra 10k. I have to admit in the 6 months I've had my S3 the thought that it needed a little more power never crossed my mind.

Exactly this, I think a lot of people get caught up in the oooh it does 0-60 in this, or it has 500 BHP so is by default a better car. The S3 is a quick car, I'm trying to think when I thought I could have done with more straight line acceleration. I'm usually too worried it won't go around the corner, or getting frustrated the throttle response is too soft and wishing it sounded better :blink:

If the RS3 has a sharper response, and handles better I think you're on to a winner with that lovely 5-pot growl. 10K extra though, purely for noise? :whistle2: - yep for me lol ..

In simple terms, I have test driven both and have ordered the RS3. S3 is a lovely car, very fast comfortable and an excellent bit of machinery. But I didn't get out with real buzz. Drove the RS3 and got out with a smile from ear to ear, my heart beating twice as fast and the only words I could think of were "F*** Me".

This is not an S3 beating post, as if the RS3 did not exist I would deffo have one. However, the RS3 does exist and it is a total weapon so that is where I have put my money.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Foxtrot_Oscar
I've been lurking a lot at my dealer here recently (reason: detailed in coolant problem thread) ....and the dealership owner told me he is getting the RS3 in both variants sometime late 2016/early 2017...plus late this year they're also getting the S1.....so happy days! :)
Apparently there are boffins from Audi who visit each country and assess the road networks and the quality of fuel available everywhere for a few days before classifying the country and its suitability for particular cars/wheel sizes etc. Honestly I don't get how it works because my dealer sells the R8....but has to spend time convincing them that its ok for them to sell 19" wheels on the S3....?

In simple terms, I have test driven both and have ordered the RS3. S3 is a lovely car, very fast comfortable and an excellent bit of machinery. But I didn't get out with real buzz. Drove the RS3 and got out with a smile from ear to ear, my heart beating twice as fast and the only words I could think of were "F*** Me"..

Took me ages to get a test drive, I must openly admit that my heart was beating fast and I also regularly thought "F*** Me* on several occassions.
But it was because it's so damn fast on the straights and I never thought it would stay on the road around the corners. It was quicker than the previous RS3 I drove but much as the sound is mesmerising the nose heavy feeling and the understeer is still there and made it a definite no go for me. I'm hoping the four pot in the R400 if it appears will produce a better balanced car.
But this is my opinion only, but it is a nice car. Worth the money? Make your own mind up.

Reactions: veeeight and Bristle Hound
A dealer told me it's happening a few months ago but it's 100% official now is it?

Now what colour is the club sport, electric blue. That would look sweet on a RS3 saloon.
yeah you're right mate...seems its a heavily weighted rumour amongst dealers...including talk that the US will only get the RS3 in sedan form...so yeah its not "official" yet....but I think its only a matter of time because the buzz regarding the Quattro Sport RS3 sedan concept seems to have been huge

Reactions: The Challinor
Cracking Banter,cracking thread,got my ldeal S3 kinda love...love it to bits, l know its flawed in some ways, aint all cars...but given my circumstances ie my son sells them,Jassy will be in one,Awesome Kudos,Awesome car

Reactions: The Challinor and Rob2k68
So I've got a quote on an S6 (second hand on a 12 plate) and it was £580 a month!!!!

Ive also got a quote on a new S5 for £476 a month. Didn't think it was too bad. I think thats with the 4k they give you and 4.5k discount. They are claiming its 8.5k off. Whats everyone think about this?

I know its not the A/S 5 forum but you guys talk a lot more and have helped me from the start.

Really stuck on this one. Had a lot of thinking an a RS3 is a lot of money for an A3 with toys IMO, little bit like when i was looking at an Focus RS (2010 ish) at 30k... a lot of cash for a Focus... Each to there own, i guess 40k is a lot for an A5 :haha:

So I've got a quote on an S6 (second hand on a 12 plate) and it was £580 a month!!!!

Ive also got a quote on a new S5 for £476 a month. Didn't think it was too bad. I think thats with the 4k they give you and 4.5k discount. They are claiming its 8.5k off. Whats everyone think about this?

I know its not the A/S 5 forum but you guys talk a lot more and have helped me from the start.

Really stuck on this one. Had a lot of thinking an a RS3 is a lot of money for an A3 with toys IMO, little bit like when i was looking at an Focus RS (2010 ish) at 30k... a lot of cash for a Focus... Each to there own, i guess 40k is a lot for an A5 :haha:

Yeah the A/S3 forum is a it more busy, different type of peeps, l think,anyhow my S3 is £40k yeah its a whole lot of money, been thinking latley does it make me happy enough to pay almost £400/month..but thats due to issues l have with the different rattles in different parts of the interior and a few others.
A good spec RS3 £47K.
l dont think £40k is a lot for a S5 and in its final "Black Edition Plus" its a fine lookng car indeed and very well equipped
but only you can decide.
make sure its a Black Edition Plus S5 they are offering. then go for it

Reactions: Simon L and veeeight
This is what I've asked for.

New A5 Sportback S5 Quattro Black Edition 5dr S Tronic
£44,060
Solid - Ibis white
£0

Technology pack - A5 - £1440.0
Audi drive select - £220.0
Audi sports differential - £620.0
Fine Nappa leather - Black - £0.0

All for the sum of £37,843, but I'm guessing thats the 4k they give you and 4.5k discount. Really thinking of going for it :D

Think I've got to go in a centre and talk more to them and see what else i can get thrown in lol

Reactions: Jassyo06