Better mpg the faster I go !!

Shadowman

Reaction score
As the title says, after fitting the tuning box on my 3.0tdi 245, the performance has markedly livened up and if I cruise at 70mph I get 45mpg, but when I cruise between 80/85 mph ( sorry officer ), I get 48mpg.....Talk about Win/Win !!

Hahaha! I've never really noticed this because I don't do many decent length trips... Make sure you're not going from the DIS though as it can lie quite badly sometimes. Lol.

Calculated properly Dan over the last two weeks, so chuffed to bits....better pace than the old S3 and getting on for twice the mpg at those speeds. Like I say...win/win..:arco:

That's great then! I'll have to take a note of what mine does the next time I do actually get out for a dual carriageway drive! :)

As the title says, after fitting the tuning box on my 3.0tdi 245, the performance has markedly livened up and if I cruise at 70mph I get 45mpg, but when I cruise between 80/85 mph ( sorry officer ), I get 48mpg.....Talk about Win/Win !!

Hi,
What tuning box did you get?
Had it on the rollers? If not, power/torque estimates?

Thanks

It's the DTUK box from Andy ( ABYSS ) on the forum....really straightforward to fit and as I say impressive results .

I haven't had it measured, but I reckon from my 'seat of the pants' dyno it's probably got another 40/45 bhp and a chunk more torque, probably twice that gain.

I've had a B8 S4 which was fabulous, but with the mileage I'm now doing it wasn't sensible so I got this and real world, it doesn't feel any slower.

Reactions: Daggerit
I wouldnt rely on the DIS, ive had one of these boxes and is great for town runs. But on motorway is pants, normally when i have 60 miles left in the tank the reserve fuel light comes on but with this DTUK box only comes on when its at 40 miles! And it shows on DIS im getting better mpg but in fact its a drop of 5 mpg.

Well I took a decent run yesterday, about 50 miles each way on the dual carriageway and got a measured 46mpg going at 77mph on cruise. I think that's not bad for a big lump with four people and luggage in the car! :)