BHP-UK reviews or alternative

r1ck123

Reaction score
Hi
Apologies but I've not been on the forum for ages, but have recently upgraded from a 2007 A3 tdi 170 ps s-line s-tronic to a 2012 A4 1.8t saloon s-line 120 ps manual.
Loving the new car however the MPG is poor so I need a remap. Nothing to dramatic just to take it back to the original 160 ps the engine was designed for. Done lots of research, Unit 20 on the wirral can do revo 220 BHP for £540 but this is too much for me, money and power. I have come across Wirral ecu which have offer a BHP UK remap 40 BHP increase for £300 with lifetime warranty on the map - not the engine though!!
Does anyone have any experience of BHP Uk re maps ( not many review on Google ) or can you recommend any tried and tested alternatives?
Any advice or recommendation would be greatly recieved.

Cheers

If you are in the Wirral area I would have a word with @Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. He writes the maps himself and has a rolling road. Many people have used him on this forum and I know of no one who has ever had any problems. He is a forum sponsor and based in Stockport Manchester.
Do a search on the forum for "unicorn"

Karl.

Excellent cheers, ha I'm working in Oldham tomorrow!

Bhp UK from past research sell files to agent which are located on there website, a few agent I know off which havnt the best rep. Which doesn't mean all them are bad mind, there's one iny area who is mobile advertises on facebook etc and all I can hear is alarm bells

I thought it strange as there are no reviews on Google etc.
What would you recommend Paul?
Can I get to 160 BHP for £200?