BI-XENON Retrofit Help

Omy193

Reaction score
Hi all,

Have successfully fitted the facelift front end with bi-xenon headlights to my 2005 AUDI A3 3.2

Used the kufatec adapters with 2 extra wires running to the module in drivers footwell for bi-xenon shutter + DRL's.
I have also successfully coded using VCDS (Xenon headlights ticked, Daytime running lights Active ticked (Scandinavia)

I have the Bi-xenon shutter wired and working correctly, however the DRL's will not work for some odd reason.

I have read the forums and instructions provided with the adapters thoroughly, all saying PIN 3 on PLUG/BLOCK A + D for each side respectively, however the DRL's will not turn on!

They definitely do work as when I was wiring I accidentally put the DRL wire into the bi-xenon pin and when pulling the stalk to test the flash the DRL's were flashing lol

Also the headlights + taillights are both staying on when switch is set to 0
(Car was originally fitted with single xenon headlights with AUTO function)

Any help is much appreciated

Kind regards

Might have an answer to my own question...after doing some more searching and reading, it could be quite possible that my BCM needs changing to a newer version.
I assumed that because my car was originally fitted with single xenon headlights the module would support the bi-xenons, but after researching some more it could need replacing as my car is 54/2005
Will double check what revision my module is and feedback

Could this also be the reason to lights staying on when switch is at 0?

Kind regards

As suspected, my CE/BCM module is revision C hence the reason my DRL's didnt work.

Have purchased a F revision module for £15 so hopefully that should solve the DRL issue.

Would anyone know if a 3 door CE/BCM is compatible with 5 door ? Part numbers are exactly the same but just want to be sure

Regards