Big brakes with 18" ET47 Sline alloys

bobby singh

BSR
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

Im looking for big brake set up for my 3.0 TDI B8.
Currently have the S4 set up front and back.

Possible set up's:
RS5 360mm set up (8 pots)
Macan set up 360mm but 38mm thick (which I prefer) 6 pots
Or Q5 4 pots with 345mm

But Im not sure if any of the above work with 18" ET47 alloys.

Anyone have any information?
Thanks
Bobby

Not exactly the same, but Karl has the 330 disks and q5 brembos under his 18s, et35 though. He might be able to maybe give you an educated answer.
Imagine spacers atleast?
@desertstorm ?

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/karls-3-0-tdi-build-thread.204785/page-12#post-2712454
Fitted the discs and new calipers on the front of the car over the weekend. Good timing in response to the power hike. They feel a lot better than the previous setup and the pads haven't even bedded in yet.

This is what the TTRS wheel well vents and the Porsche Macan scoops look like.

I cut down the brake back shields to similar size to what is used on the Porsche Macan. These basically are just there the provide direct radiated heat protection for the ABS sensor and the rubber boots on the suspension ball joints.

No point in making mods to get more air into the wheel well without removing barriers for the air to get to the disc.

There is a good weight saving as well with this mod. The old caliper and pads was 8Kg the old disc 10.6Kg so a total of 18.6Kg . The new caliper with pads was 5.2Kg and the new disc 8.4Kg a total of 13.6Kg.
So that's a reduction of 5 Kg unsprung weight on each wheel.

Reactions: bobby singh

Thats great thanks

Not exactly the same, but Karl has the 330 disks and q5 brembos under his 18s, et35 though. He might be able to maybe give you an educated answer.
Imagine spacers atleast?
@desertstorm ?

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/karls-3-0-tdi-build-thread.204785/page-12#post-2712454

Thanks - Karl runs 345mm

Maybe I just need to add some spacers and call it a day.

ah my bad.
Nothing wrong with a bit of spacing, looks and feels better in any case :)
theres a german seller on amazon that does the h and r hubcentrics cheaper than any UK seller, no duty and delivers in under a week.

Reactions: bobby singh
Hi Bobby. Q5 4 pots with 345mm discs will run under standard 17 inch OE alloys with a few mm clearance so 18's is no issue.
The RS5 brakes will run under 18 inch rims but you may need to add a spacer to move the wheel out a little As the caliper is wide.
There is a thread here where they fitted a Porsche Macan setup to an S4 but they were only 350mm brakes and they had to replace a whole load of other stuff such as uprights as well.
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/649128-Audi-S4-Porsche-Macan-BBK-Pure-Sexiness
Porsche stuff would probably be expensive as there aren't that many of them around.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-M...etrol-400hp-BRAKE-KIT-ORIGINAL-/272244807508?
The 345mm Q5 setup is a good upgrade over the 345mm S4/S5 single piston slide caliper. Fitting bigger brakes gives a bigger thermal mass but big brakes in a small wheel with no airflow are still limited. Nearly all performance cars have some kind of brake duct cooling for the front brakes.

Thanks Karl - Those guys fitted the Macan Diesel set up with 350mm x 34mm (still decent)
They changed alot of parts but you can make brackets that allow fitment of Porsche calipers.

I have managed to get hold of a nice set up - I'll update with progress on the build thread

Cheers

Reactions: desertstorm
I have plug&play front 356mm x34mm A6 biturbo brakes, same as Audi A8 4.2 Tdi 2011 etc and rear 330mm x22mm Audi S5 brakes plug&play! It s a big diference from stock brakes but the heat kills them also in the end:))

IMG 2384
IMG 2385

Hi all,

Im looking for big brake set up for my 3.0 TDI B8.
Currently have the S4 set up front and back.

Possible set up's:
RS5 360mm set up (8 pots)
Macan set up 360mm but 38mm thick (which I prefer) 6 pots
Or Q5 4 pots with 345mm

But Im not sure if any of the above work with 18" ET47 alloys.

Anyone have any information?
Thanks
Bobby

I have the RS5 8 pots and 365mm discs and previously had the standard 18" 8J et 47 wheels.

You will have to run I think a 10mm spacer to clear the calipers, they will not even fit over the 19" S5 8.5J et 32 wheels without either a small spacer or shaving a small part of the front of the caliper.

Reactions: Horia, Meemo and bobby singh
I have the RS5 8 pots and 365mm discs and previously had the standard 18" 8J et 47 wheels.

You will have to run I think a 10mm spacer to clear the calipers, they will not even fit over the 19" S5 8.5J et 32 wheels without either a small spacer or shaving a small part of the front of the caliper.

Thats excellent info
Thanks

Reactions: Meemo