Big thanks to Rick for tuning my B8 3.0 TDI.

desertstorm

Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Thought I would update this thread after getting the car run on a dyno today.

Well took the car to MRC in Banbury today. There 4 x 4 rolling road is supposed to be one of the best in the country and more importantly is as accurate as they come.
Had a few issues with the first 3 runs in that the dyno print outs looked like a roller coaster below 2200 RPM the ESP was disabled but even so it seemed that the car didn't like being on the dyno.
He showed me how the boost was pulsing up and down as he accelerated upto the point when the turbo started boosting. After that it was OK.
Doug disconnected the ABS block and tried again and on the 4th and 5th runs it ran properly although I think by that time the car was a little hot as previously It had run nearer 325PS.

The final corrected figure was 316PS which is 312bhp and 717 Nm of torque which is 529 Lb/ft . This explains why the car picks ups so well past 2200 RPM :D
Very happy with this, it's what I asked Rick to do, basically it's pretty much maxed out on the standard turbo, torque is higher than I thought it would be but the clutch isn't having any issues, pulls fully loaded with a caravan just fine.
On the road you hardly ever see the smoke except at night as you are moving, It's a worse case scenario on a dyno.

Click on the photo to play the video

Karl