Bigger Turbo???

James36

RS3 Rep :)
Reaction score
Just had my head rebuilt as it was shot to pieces... then had a mad squeel coming from the engine bay under load, smoke tested it, had some smoke come through a sensor so have changed it but the squeel is still there under load. I've got someone professional looking at the turbo tomorrow as it seems fine to me but im a driveway YouTube follower mechanic haha! So we will see.

If it is the turbo, I want to go bigger or recon hybrid I've seen. Anyone have any recommendations?

Engine wise i'm just running ramair intake, darkside intercooler, ecu mapped, currently 218bhp with this issue dynoed. Car is 2008 8PA 2.0tdi 140bhp model.

Cheers!

Squeal I found on my car on load was caused by either the gasket between the turbo and the DPF or the exhaust manifold gasket

Easy to change if turbo is coming out

Update...

Smoked tested and had a leak from exhaust sensor and air sensor both changed. Re-tested, no smoke leaks anywhere. Everything taken apart and re tightened, no leaks in hoses.

Only thing I havent taken off is the turbo, but all looks good from what I can see but I assume it isn't... I have no power loss at the moment or smoke from exhaust yet.

Should get it off next week to inspect further. Got my eye on this turbo though...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Turbo-GT...-/264670922484?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

***UPDATE***

Hard all the hard pipes from the intercooler custom made, refitted it all... No squeel.

Absolutely insane, 7 months not being able to go above 2k rpm because of this embarrasing squeel... My pipe taken off is all completely fine (obviously it's just metal). Same diameter pipework put back in. I guess it was the general fitment somewhere but I still have no idea where haha!

Can use the full 221hp PD170 now :)

218 from the 140 turbo , and the GTB2265vk advert is questionable with AFV and fast spool.

The reality is...

Update...

Smoked tested and had a leak from exhaust sensor and air sensor both changed. Re-tested, no smoke leaks anywhere. Everything taken apart and re tightened, no leaks in hoses.

Only thing I havent taken off is the turbo, but all looks good from what I can see but I assume it isn't... I have no power loss at the moment or smoke from exhaust yet.

Should get it off next week to inspect further. Got my eye on this turbo though...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Turbo-GT...-/264670922484?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Were any of these changed in the end:
Squeal I found on my car on load was caused by either the gasket between the turbo and the DPF or the exhaust manifold gasket

Easy to change if turbo is coming out