Bike carrier

Sug

Reaction score
Can somebody point me in the right direction as to where I can get my hands on a quality bike carrier? I would prefer to carry two bikes if needed. I have looked at the seasucker mini bomber 2 but not sure if this would be suitable as I have pan roof. If anyone with pan roof has a bike rack/carrier can you let me know which one please? Car is RS3 Sportback

Last edited:
I have a seasucker mini bomber and it is amazing.
The first few journeys are a bit hairy, but you soon lose the paranoia lol .
With regard to putting on a pana roof I can't see it being a problem at all.
The gallery pictures on the sea sucker site have them on pana roofs and on other precarious places.
As long as the surface is clean and flat they will stick to anything.
I chose this type of rack because I have an A5 which means a roof rack would be pretty much impossible and I didn't want to cut my rear bumper to fit a tow bar for a hitch rack.
Plus, you can take it from car to car with you and is a real headturner and always receives comments.
Plus I think they look pretty cool too.
I thoroughly rate them

20190114 001700

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Audi roof racks with bike carrier and it works fine with pano roof. The Audi rack and carrier is made by Thule which is cheaper than the Audi branded product. The bike carrier slides into the rack so yiu can put 2or three on if needed

I have the Audi Roof racks which I mount to the cars roof rails. I have the Pan Roof and there is full clearance so you can use the roof.
I then use the Thule 598 Bike carriers which work a treat. Thule also have an older model the 591 which is cheaper and similar but not quite as good as the 598. You can easily carry two bikes and take bikes on and off the car in juts a few minutes. Pic of bikes on my old S3 rather than RS3. But same idea. Keep an eye out on places like Ebay.

Putting the Sportback to good use!

A384A620 403B 4841 8D9C D5D2678FE2C8

Jungle

Can somebody point me in the right direction as to where I can get my hands on a quality bike carrier? I would prefer to carry two bikes if needed. I have looked at the seasucker mini bomber 2 but not sure if this would be suitable as I have pan roof. If anyone with pan roof has a bike rack/carrier can you let me know which one please? Car is RS3 Sportback
Try parts request
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/support-tickets/open

@creweaudiparts

Appreciate the input. Thule get good reviews but I am swaying towards the seasucker as they look the part and get great reviews

Reactions: CHEZ