Bikes - BMX

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
Hi

Anyone here into BMX bikes??

I have been looking into them and am trying to get an old school one to get out and about on again.

I used to have a couple as a kid, then got into mountain bike, but am liking the BMXs again.

Does anyone know where I could get one at a decent price or where to look, alot of the forums I have seen are abroad and not UK based.

Cheers
Nilz

Cheers guys

Im more after a Raleigh Burner or a Mag Burner if I can, but the prices on them are crazy!!

I will not be using it all the time, so dont want to put money into it for it to be gathering dust.

Dave, 33 aint old mate!!

Im older than that and am looking for one.

My sons just had a bike for Xmas, so I want to get one to go riding with him and so I can keep up with him, rather than running and shouting at him LOL!!

Ive been on that site too, some mint examples on there.

LOL.

I'd feel old when I tried a stunt and face plant into the tarmac :p

Dave

Haha Dave, im thinking the exact same thing, I have to be extra cautious as I know as soon as i try anything my boy will end up trying it and we will both come home cut up and bruised and get a b0ll0cking off the missus!!! LOL

Alansbmx.com took most of my money as a kid! Sure it had an old school section back then!

Last edited:
I'm 39 and still have a bmx!!! i race road, cyclo-cross and mtb but there will always be that kid in me who found freedom from a bmx so i thought f**k it im having another!

google or ebay search for the Skyway TA recreation - they're making them again and in 24" wheel too!!! im getting one for my living room wall!

I have a Macneil Gary Young 2 frame for sale £35 nearly new! its on ebay

Me n my boy (10) have built up an old GT frame with new parts for him 2 hack about on, was good fun! Back in the day I had a Raleigh super tuff burner and loved it. Think they are remaking them now?

Used to be heavily into BMXing, although never had a good bike until my Commencal Village Ltd Ed. I did have an '82 Supergoose, given free by a woman whose son passed away. She thought my brother and I would have more use for it.

Digging jumps in the rain....ahhh the memories.

i recently bought one, im 30 lol... i had a flash back and bought a ruption sri like i had when i was younger, 'before' my baby boy was born last week i bought it for him of course!-) not rode it yet for reasons above, its parked next to a cbr600 behind my s3 in my garage haha.

i recently bought one, im 30 lol... i had a flash back and bought a ruption sri like i had when i was younger, 'before' my baby boy was born last week i bought it for him of course!-) not rode it yet for reasons above, its parked next to a cbr600 behind my s3 in my garage haha.

Haha, Ruption. Excellent. They always had weird names in the mid-late 90s. I had a Dyno Compe (street on sticky KHE Lamellos) and a Haro Shredder (dirt bike with knobblies) (and the Supergoose), then the Commencal. Commencal was the best for everything. My mate (rich kid) had a Mongoose DMC which weighed about as much as my Audi.