BIL11 85 (mkII) 2022 RS3 8Y Build

billymc92

Kyalami Green Vorsprung- Sportback
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thought I’d start another build thread for my new car I’m collecting in around an hours time. Titled this mkII as a few of the original members might remember me from my first 2018 RS3 (https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/bil11-85-audi-rs3-build.358345/)

Anyway long story short, I ordered a vorsprung sportback in kyalami green the day the order books opened on the start of august, phoned a few different places to find out who’s getting there cars the soonest and managed to believe the story Milton Keynes Audi told me that they are getting one of the first batches from the factory so I could get it for December/January. Obviously that didn’t happen and with a huge lack of communication with them and more and more spec being dropped from the vorsprung I set out to try get a hold of a launch edition.

Must have emailed around 60 dealers (yes that many) and on the 11th November I managed to secure a kemora grey sportback with Reading Audi.

So same as last time, I’ll update as I go along as I do plan on a lot of mods for this and happy to answer any questions use have.

I still have my allocation for the vorsprung, got a £1000 deposit on it, not sure what to do with it as it will still be a early on car and with the £3600 increase on the RS3 after the 1st of December it makes it difficult to know weather to get the car and be able to sell it or just cancel it now and get my deposit back.

Reactions: Jcbmally, 3vans, Mr Freeze and 5 others
Hi guys,

Thought I’d start another build thread for my new car I’m collecting in around an hours time. Titled this mkII as a few of the original members might remember me from my first 2018 RS3 (https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/bil11-85-audi-rs3-build.358345/)

Anyway long story short, I ordered a vorsprung sportback in kyalami green the day the order books opened on the start of august, phoned a few different places to find out who’s getting there cars the soonest and managed to believe the story Milton Keynes Audi told me that they are getting one of the first batches from the factory so I could get it for December/January. Obviously that didn’t happen and with a huge lack of communication with them and more and more spec being dropped from the vorsprung I set out to try get a hold of a launch edition.

Must have emailed around 60 dealers (yes that many) and on the 11th November I managed to secure a kemora grey sportback with Reading Audi.

So same as last time, I’ll update as I go along as I do plan on a lot of mods for this and happy to answer any questions use have.

I still have my allocation for the vorsprung, got a £1000 deposit on it, not sure what to do with it as it will still be a early on car and with the £3600 increase on the RS3 after the 1st of December it makes it difficult to know weather to get the car and be able to sell it or just cancel it now and get my deposit back.
Look forward to the updates! What’s first mod?

Reactions: billymc92
Given the market, keep allocation & sell it on.

Reactions: NevMan and billymc92
bffcbd6cffa9e9407d1f70a1fc2dac3d.jpg

6453b3aa08d45f5e1578cceff0a84ede.jpg

4a0d7edd6523105af8d559d56bd9c110.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Deep penetrator, Jcbmally, Andy Wills and 13 others
bffcbd6cffa9e9407d1f70a1fc2dac3d.jpg

6453b3aa08d45f5e1578cceff0a84ede.jpg

4a0d7edd6523105af8d559d56bd9c110.jpg

As everyone has already said: it really does look stunning :icon thumright:
Congrats for searching out & finding this car and look forward to hearing more about it.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Daggerit
Nice one Bill. Enjoyed your last thread…subscribed.

As others have said, looks stunning, and as for the other RS, I would keep allocation and sell it when it arrives, will pay for a few more mods.

MRC today?

Reactions: Mr Freeze
Start as you mean to go on! 70 miles after collection…

49b3e31a9ac5dc904c98db9def49a6de.jpg

fdc56eb46f88551ab1904a50844a8560.jpg

b689be5509fb516172b41e98e9b133d8.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Jcbmally, Terminator x, Snake Pliskin and 5 others
You'll have to let us know how it sounds afterwards! Fair play, you aren't mucking around.

Reactions: FBF01
Start as you mean to go on! 70 miles after collection…

49b3e31a9ac5dc904c98db9def49a6de.jpg

fdc56eb46f88551ab1904a50844a8560.jpg

b689be5509fb516172b41e98e9b133d8.jpg

That is funny, I was there yesterday

b0bf6d864a3d046a5c305207ba7f6d02.jpg

73e80da943470566fbc3ed32a7123f6d.jpg

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze, FBF01 and 1 other person
afb9f925e3dea2ba5a09069b959cb359.png

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze, RS3ree and 2 others
you had the mod then Nev ?

Yes. Had it done on last M40i too, the man is a genius. Obviously a 2.0 sounds pretty sh*t compared to this lovely 5 cyl, but now I get a nice deeper tone and sound which is much better in sport mode with valve open. I think part of his work is allowing more gases to flow down the valved side. I just need to turn off the ASD which I will

Reactions: Jcbmally, FBF01, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
Yes. Had it done on last M40i too, the man is a genius. Obviously a 2.0 sounds pretty sh*t compared to this lovely 5 cyl, but now I get a nice deeper tone and sound which is much better in sport mode with valve open. I think part of his work is allowing more gases to flow down the valved side. I just need to turn off the ASD which I will

sounds ace mate & glad you’re pleased with the results again :icon thumright:

What’s the benefit to stripping out a sports exhaust you’ve paid extra for? Genuinely curious lol

Just getting the PCW exhaust mod, all you can get done at the moment. If I removed the OPF it would need mapped out but the ECU is still locked
Wow, utter respect for doing that so soon :)

What will you do with the exhaust motors? I guess you know that Kufatec make a controller for exhaust valves? Open/Closed/Normal Auto ?

What’s the benefit to stripping out a sports exhaust you’ve paid extra for? Genuinely curious lol

Sounds WAY better…watch some of the vids on PCWMods FB site

Reactions: Jcbmally
My S3 could do with this as it lacks tone with it having the GPF's how much is it to have the work done Nev if you don't mind me asking .

I contacted pcw about my 2019 rs3 and he said the mod makes it sound alittle bit better but there's not much difference because of the opf. There's a video on his Facebook after the mod on a opf rs3, I didn't think it was worth doing, in the end I ripped out the opfs and cat out. Different animal now!

Is be happy to go down the decat route straight away with mine but the eml light would annoy the hell out of me and with the ECUs locked it would be there for a while I think..

Is be happy to go down the decat route straight away with mine but the eml light would annoy the hell out of me and with the ECUs locked it would be there for a while I think..
Is the ecu a different 'type' to the S3? I know theres another cylinder etc. MRC are tuning the latest S3 so the RS3 shouldnt be too far behind it?

MRC took the imobilisor out of our/my lads RS3 engined Golf mk2 before we went with Syvecs

Attachments

• IMG_1136 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_1136 - Copy.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 151
Reactions: Jcbmally, 3vans and Mr Freeze
there’s a cold start up video on my Instagram story “billymc92”

unfortunately I can’t upload videos here

Reactions: Daggerit
there’s a cold start up video on my Instagram story “billymc92”

unfortunately I can’t upload videos here

Sounds decent, just don’t have anything to compare it to.

Reactions: billymc92
Sounds decent, just don’t have anything to compare it to.

Hahah that is true mate, I have asked PCW for the before and after videos but he’s not sent them yet, presume he’s mega busy as he has not even put them on his Instagram yet

Reactions: Daggerit and NevMan