BIL11 85 (mkII) 2022 RS3 8Y Build

I didn’t but absolutely would if I had to again, thankfully they’ll be black as I’m getting the Vorsprung (I mean still time for Audi to change that)!

Had eBay badges on my 8v, probably spent half as much trying to get a half decent set from eBay vs what I would have paid just to get the real I am from Audi.

Rear Rs3 badge is bigger than the oem badge. Rear rings were gloss but kind of has a flat finish and the front grill badge didn’t quite fit, no matter what I bought.

Slightly obsessive in case you can’t tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha just a bit, I got lucky last time, next dry day ill Fit these and should be fine

Reactions: garethdj
On the day I got the car I had satellite/google maps but it’s seemed to disappear and now says the subscription has expired. I contacted Audi and they said this. But I phoned Audi connect and they didn’t say it was being removed and said they are looking into it for me. Hope it’s not the case, has anyone seen anything in writing that the Audi comes with a subscription of a certain amount of years as if it did and they stopped it after a couple days I’ll be kicking up a fuss, I know the 8V came with 2 or 3 year subscription to google maps.
View attachment 246854
Had this on my RS5 in January just before it reached 3yrs old and the Audi connect expired.
What they mean is Audi no longer license Google maps so once the subs expire (if not before) it gets disabled.
There is an alternative 3D map supplied by someone else to Audi. This needs a software update and is only available as free while still under warranty.
I got the update for a few weeks before my Audi connect expired - I didn't renew they wanted £141/year, £14.50/mth. I did renew the separate 'Remote Services', this is £37/year, £4/mth.
Surely we get 3 years of both included in a new car? You would have thought the latest software was loaded though? Unless its a UK thing?

Haha just a bit, I got lucky last time, next dry day ill Fit these and should be fine

Tbf I think Audi Newcastle quoted me £160 for badges all round at the time I bought my 8v (could be wrong) but £270 is a bit steep!

Treated the car to its first real wash today. Decided to try the new meguairs Si02 ceramic wash and wax stuff and I must say it’s amazing, when I first started using it I didn’t think it would be up to much as it wasn’t soapy at all, only once you start to wash it off you see the big difference.

instant water beading and the car of course had nothing else on it prior to this wash. Paintwork looked so glossy after it also, highly recommended!

Here is a treated/untreated video I just uploaded to my Instagram and I’ll drop some photos below!

Reactions: Waq1, Jcbmally, NevMan and 1 other person
9f3827f2ff96a1c941848101d1f8812f.jpg

0bd42cfff372ea4619aefafc6f2054ef.jpg

f62dae7c5ee2cf85e7dcb1d732fa3cab.jpg

6a397055187a576fa4fb7332240c569e.jpg

ca80acdb4fb48567dec01ae06dbb8c7b.jpg

d0eed9620409ce366652e5bb9e644fde.jpg

9d0a3f3ce2d47176adca187191c273b0.jpg

a2467112156ccce69634f5bf7c527d0a.jpg

Reactions: kayemill, Waq1, Terminator x and 4 others
Good results from an out of the bottle product. Hopefully you fully decontaminated it prior to sealing it all in?

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and billymc92
@billymc92 how you finding new car vs old car?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin
@billymc92 how you finding new car vs old car?

TX.

I love it, not a bad thing to say about it. Love hearing that 5 pot again. It sounds much louder in person when driving. Look forward to getting the OPFs gone and it decatted. Inside is a much better place to be, technology is far more superior and the seats are much better. Just ticked over 1000 miles there. Not done much backroad driving but for what I have done it seems to handle like on rails, the new torque splitter is amazing. Night and day over the 8V, hopefully use guys will all start to get your own coming through soon.

Reactions: Waq1, Jcbmally, RS03??? and 6 others
Fake carbon edition now :whistle2: I jest mate. Looks awesome.

Reactions: Jcbmally and billymc92
Got some driving videos today with a go pro stuck to the rear bumper. Not the best quality as it’s a 6 year old go pro here 3+ which I haven’t used in about 4 years but use get the gist of it. :tearsofjoy:

Will upload these in a bit.

Reactions: HulkRS3 and RS03???
Not the best quality unfortunately but you get the gist of it. My GoPro is around 6 years old and not used it in about 4 years :tearsofjoy: Made the mistake of mounting it to near the corner of the car so hearing a bit of wind noise, I’ll learn from my mistakes…

Reactions: WilsonRS, RS03??? and Daggerit
On the dyno at infinit I see?

Reactions: billymc92
nicknamed s h I t -finit lol

Have they? Why’s that as they’re the closest people to me who have a history tuning RS3’s so would be good to know details before I think of going to them or not.

Have they? Why’s that as they’re the closest people to me who have a history tuning RS3’s so would be good to know details before I think of going to them or not.

ooooft, best watch what I say or I’ll have another angry message again from someone on the forum lol. Look and you shall find ample evidence on Facebook of irate owners of cars they’ve ruined, a few being RS3s. Wouldn’t let them anywhere near my car. Ecotune all day every day or MRC through in Falkirk. They actually know what they are doing

Reactions: 8YARWY and Daggerit
Start as you mean to go on! 70 miles after collection…

49b3e31a9ac5dc904c98db9def49a6de.jpg

fdc56eb46f88551ab1904a50844a8560.jpg

b689be5509fb516172b41e98e9b133d8.jpg

I’ve messaged the chap but not had a reply…

Does he cut and weld from on top so when mounted, you wouldn’t see it’s any different from stock when it’s up in the air? Ie unless you remove it you wouldn’t notice?

How much was it? How long did it take - While you wait kinda times or couple days?

How you enjoying it? Wanting more volume still?
Ta.

Not the best quality unfortunately but you get the gist of it. My GoPro is around 6 years old and not used it in about 4 years :tearsofjoy: Made the mistake of mounting it to near the corner of the car so hearing a bit of wind noise, I’ll learn from my mistakes…

That sounds great

Loads of controversial stuff online, two sides to every story I’m sure. I’ve had some people swear by them and said they travel miles and others write bad reviews.

TR Hamza got his RS3 tuned by them and then weeks later got it ‘re-remapped’ at MRC. There was a ‘boycott infinit performance’ page on insta and TR Hamza was following it but in the vids claimed there was no issue just that MRC were closer.

Reactions: FBF01 and Daggerit
Loads of controversial stuff online, two sides to every story I’m sure. I’ve had some people swear by them and said they travel miles and others write bad reviews.

TR Hamza got his RS3 tuned by them and then weeks later got it ‘re-remapped’ at MRC. There was a ‘boycott infinit performance’ page on insta and TR Hamza was following it but in the vids claimed there was no issue just that MRC were closer.

Fair enough. Just want to make sure I do my homework before I decide to splash out any cash.

To be fair though, I just want an OPF delete and sensor fooling without remapping so I can’t imagine there’s a lot of damage that they could do with that.

MRC are closer though, so I’ll have a chat with them too.

Fair enough. Just want to make sure I do my homework before I decide to splash out any cash.

To be fair though, I just want an OPF delete and sensor fooling without remapping so I can’t imagine there’s a lot of damage that they could do with that.

MRC are closer though, so I’ll have a chat with them too.

Out of interest why not just get it mapped? You’ll already be voiding the warranty and making it none road legal haha, might as well go all the way. Once the ecu is cracked that is.

As much as I’d love to I’ll be keeping the cats and opf and leaving it at stage 1/stage1+

Out of interest why not just get it mapped? You’ll already be voiding the warranty and making it none road legal haha, might as well go all the way. Once the ecu is cracked that is.

As much as I’d love to I’ll be keeping the cats and opf and leaving it at stage 1/stage1+

It’s a fair point, but in my head if I have an issue and I can pull the delete pipe out and replace with the stock pipe then there should be less is a warranty issue.

If there’s a TD1 code on the ECU then I won’t be getting any warranty help I can’t imagine.

It’s a fair point, but in my head if I have an issue and I can pull the delete pipe out and replace with the stock pipe then there should be less is a warranty issue.

If there’s a TD1 code on the ECU then I won’t be getting any warranty help I can’t imagine.

Yeah I hear you just thinking I guess you’ll have to chop the exhaust to take the opfs out so will be obvious as you’ll have to weld the opfs back in… assuming it’s similar to the 8v opf.

On this vid infinit say you’ve got to map the 8v if you take out the opfs anyway

Yeah I hear you just thinking I guess you’ll have to chop the exhaust to take the opfs out so will be obvious as you’ll have to weld the opfs back in… assuming it’s similar to the 8v opf.

On this vid infinit say you’ve got to map the 8v if you take out the opfs anyway

That’s thing I don’t know yet, whether the section with the OPF could be removed without cutting and welding. That might kill the plan if so, like you say.

I spoke to them and they said that it’s something the offered on the 8v and would be developing the same for the 8Y, so I’ll just have to check nearer the time I think.

ooooft, best watch what I say or I’ll have another angry message again from someone on the forum lol. Look and you shall find ample evidence on Facebook of irate owners of cars they’ve ruined, a few being RS3s. Wouldn’t let them anywhere near my car. Ecotune all day every day or MRC through in Falkirk. They actually know what they are doing

Ah the defenders of the cult…..

Reactions: NevMan and billymc92
I’ve messaged the chap but not had a reply…

Does he cut and weld from on top so when mounted, you wouldn’t see it’s any different from stock when it’s up in the air? Ie unless you remove it you wouldn’t notice?

How much was it? How long did it take - While you wait kinda times or couple days?

How you enjoying it? Wanting more volume still?
Ta.
Yes he gets hundreds of messages a day lol, just don’t hound him as he works up the list, so if you resend another one you’ll go to the top and the reply will be later.

As you say the welds are all on top of exhaust so once fitted and even if car is on a ramp you won’t see the work that’s done.

He is £300 and it takes 2 hours to do. Highly recommend Paul, very good at what he does, he done my last FL RS3 exhaust also.

Reactions: NevMan, Terminator x and Keano04
90CB851D B19C 4700 90ED BCC8A9BCBBDB

Correct, it is my car at infinit performance. There is bad stuff online about them but there is also very good stuff, people will take the time to report bad problems out of anger over good reviews aswell. I’m not sticking up for them but there is leading companies out there that hve had engine troubles too, and that’s down to the Audis engines rather than remaps. @Aoon_M was more than kind enough this time round and he helped me out more than he needed a couple years back, I honestly can’t fault his customer service and with what I’ve experienced I’d give him 5 stars.

As use all know, the ECU is locked and can’t be mapped. I’m getting a infinit downpipe fitted and OPFs removed. He’s also got a way to bypass the error lights coming on. This is ideally good for people that want the sound of a decat but don’t want to remap there car and potentially lose their warranty.

He’s also offered to dyno it for me and also the benefit of everyone else, we were hoping to be the first ones to dyno it but Evolve/eventuri snuck in a couple days before us. Although we have all seen there graph is not a true one after it going Pete tong, but what I can say is, we are going to be the first ones in the world to fit a decat to the 8Y RS3.

I’ll keep use all updated over it over the next few days!

Last edited:
Reactions: CarterRS, RS03???, 5pot and 3 others
Yes he gets hundreds of messages a day lol, just don’t hound him as he works up the list, so if you resend another one you’ll go to the top and the reply will be later.

As you say the welds are all on top of exhaust so once fitted and even if car is on a ramp you won’t see the work that’s done.

He is £300 and it takes 2 hours to do. Highly recommend Paul, very good at what he does, he done my last FL RS3 exhaust also.

Yeah I’ve just sent him the one and I’m waiting. I’ve not got my car yet so no point me chasing the guy!!

You see the welds? Presume nice and neat? Had a previous exhaust done elsewhere by a company o trusted and they were immaculate in making a “stealth cat” by half gutting a DP so main dealer wouldn’t know it had been modified.

You’ve answered most of my queries on his behalf now anyhow so thanks for that.

Sounds good to me so that’ll be on my list to get done - will be easy to get that past the mrs

Yeah I’ve just sent him the one and I’m waiting. I’ve not got my car yet so no point me chasing the guy!!

You see the welds? Presume nice and neat? Had a previous exhaust done elsewhere by a company o trusted and they were immaculate in making a “stealth cat” by half gutting a DP so main dealer wouldn’t know it had been modified.

You’ve answered most of my queries on his behalf now anyhow so thanks for that.

Sounds good to me so that’ll be on my list to get done - will be easy to get that past the mrs
In order to maximise the sound he connected all the pipes, so basically I don’t have comfort, it’s kind of sounds like it’s always in dynamic, I’d not recommend that, I like the use of comfort for the long drives and the girlfriend. Getting infinite performance to reverse that part as a full decat system and not having comfort would end my relationship I think :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: NevMan and Keano04
@billymc92 will be interesting to hear what it sounds like decat and no OPF(s)!

TX.

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and FBF01
View attachment 247251

Correct, it is my car at infinit performance. There is bad stuff online about them but there is also very good stuff, people will take the time to report bad problems out of anger over good reviews aswell. I’m not sticking up for them but there is leading companies out there that hve had engine troubles too, and that’s down to the Audis engines rather than remaps. @Aoon_M was more than kind enough this time round and he helped me out more than he needed a couple years back, I honestly can’t fault his customer service and with what I’ve experienced I’d give him 5 stars.

As use all know, the ECU is locked and can’t be mapped. I’m getting a infinit downpipe fitted and OPFs removed. He’s also got a way to bypass the error lights coming on. This is ideally good for people that want the sound of a decat but don’t want to remap there car and potentially lose their warranty.

He’s also offered to dyno it for me and also the benefit of everyone else, we were hoping to be the first ones to dyno it but Evolve/eventuri snuck in a couple days before us. Although we have all seen there graph is not a true one after it going Pete tong, but what I can say is, we are going to be the first ones in the world to fit a decat to the 8Y RS3.

I’ll keep use all updated over it over the next few days!
This is getting interesting :smilingimp: Look forward to the updates!

In order to maximise the sound he connected all the pipes, so basically I don’t have comfort, it’s kind of sounds like it’s always in dynamic, I’d not recommend that, I like the use of comfort for the long drives and the girlfriend. Getting infinite performance to reverse that part as a full decat system and not having comfort would end my relationship I think :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Once he had it open did he run through your options?

Kinda like the e9x m3 has various “1/1.5/2/2.5 pipe” mods where it just signifies how much has been closed off/sleeved within the back box and hence volume levels… I am envisaging he has a similar approach - not that I’ve seen inside the rs3 back box.

Kinda like the e9x m3 has various “1/1.5/2/2.5 pipe” mods where it just signifies how much has been closed off/sleeved within the back box and hence volume levels… I am envisaging he has a similar approach - not that I’ve seen inside the rs3 back box.
He’s not started it yet, I left my car with them

D60C6256 925E 46C5 80DD 615E211A999E

This isn’t my backbox but presume they layout will be the exact same

Reactions: 3vans and Keano04