BIL11 85 (mkII) 2022 RS3 8Y Build

O/T I did try to get the R8 paddles for my RS4, anyone know if all Audi paddles fit all cars?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
Don't quote me on it but I don't think so. I think most fit most but some don't.

While in there fit the buttons

IMG 3245

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: billymc92 and NevMan
On a side note - if you don't want to spend £150 on the carbon ones. This guy on youtube bought these ones - here and done a video on them here. They're metal and sound like good quality in his video - £60.

Re the buttons - do these need coding and are a plug and play fit?

Plug and play.

They have a loom that takes power etc from the existing wiring.

They work on a Bluetooth transmitter that is fitted in the centre console where the start button is.

Here’s a link to them in action.

Reactions: NevMan
Plug and play.

They have a loom that takes power etc from the existing wiring.

They work on a Bluetooth transmitter that is fitted in the centre console where the start button is.

Here’s a link to them in action.

perfect - now all i need is the link to the buttons!!!

So had my car back a couple days now so can give a bit of a review of the decat and the OPFs removed.

First thing is unfortunately the bypass valve didn’t work as the light shows back up, this happened at the company and they offered me the option to put it back to standard but I choose to leave it be for the moment as a light on the dash doesn’t outweigh the positives of this. Basically the bypass worked on the 8V through the OBD port but on the new 8Y platform the OBD port is only active/in operation if the bonnet is open, essentially in a maintenance mode. Infinit performance is working on a fix for this with the maker of the bypass valve so hopefully have something sorted in the upcoming months. The car drives perfect, it was logged for 300 miles and doesn’t over-boost or over fuel, it doesn’t enter limp mode. Drives as it should, just a SH17 tonne louder!

I don’t know how but it is louder than my stage II facelift Pre-OPF was! This absolutely screams and sounds phenomenal! I’ve purschase a new go pro so as soon as I can I’ll get some driving videos for you, valve closed/open videos and also so 0-60/100/200 times ect for use.

It was far to loud with the PCW mod so all that has been reverted back to stock, no wastegate rattle as I mentioned before. Valves work as they should do in comfort mode up to 4000 revs the car is the tiniest bit louder than stock, but it dynamic or performance mode, I want to say it, sounds like a lambo! There is no pops or bangs as the before generation. It has very loud upshift snaps, and also when I do let off the accelerator I hear the slightest burbles like it used to do, they are very faint but they are there and it’s like it’s trying to do them. I’m not sure if you could hear these from outside or if the GoPro would pick them up but they are there!

So Is it worth it and would I do it again even if I knew the light would come back on? Yes 1000% I would. And I’m sure @Aoon_M will come up for a solution for the fix.

Reactions: garethdj, NevMan, 5pot and 4 others
So had my car back a couple days now so can give a bit of a review of the decat and the OPFs removed.

First thing is unfortunately the bypass valve didn’t work as the light shows back up, this happened at the company and they offered me the option to put it back to standard but I choose to leave it be for the moment as a light on the dash doesn’t outweigh the positives of this. Basically the bypass worked on the 8V through the OBD port but on the new 8Y platform the OBD port is only active/in operation if the bonnet is open, essentially in a maintenance mode. Infinit performance is working on a fix for this with the maker of the bypass valve so hopefully have something sorted in the upcoming months. The car drives perfect, it was logged for 300 miles and doesn’t over-boost or over fuel, it doesn’t enter limp mode. Drives as it should, just a SH17 tonne louder!

I don’t know how but it is louder than my stage II facelift Pre-OPF was! This absolutely screams and sounds phenomenal! I’ve purschase a new go pro so as soon as I can I’ll get some driving videos for you, valve closed/open videos and also so 0-60/100/200 times ect for use.

It was far to loud with the PCW mod so all that has been reverted back to stock, no wastegate rattle as I mentioned before. Valves work as they should do in comfort mode up to 4000 revs the car is the tiniest bit louder than stock, but it dynamic or performance mode, I want to say it, sounds like a lambo! There is no pops or bangs as the before generation. It has very loud upshift snaps, and also when I do let off the accelerator I hear the slightest burbles like it used to do, they are very faint but they are there and it’s like it’s trying to do them. I’m not sure if you could hear these from outside or if the GoPro would pick them up but they are there!

So Is it worth it and would I do it again even if I knew the light would come back on? Yes 1000% I would. And I’m sure @Aoon_M will come up for a solution for the fix.
Nice one Billy - good that someone has removed the OPFs and Cats and is happy. As you say it wont be long before @Aoon_M comes up with the EML fix, and also break in to the ECU for further tuning upgrades :)

Reactions: NevMan, 5pot and billymc92
Sounds epic Billy! Whens the elbow going on? Eventuri modifying the intake or will the 8v intake fit?

Sounds epic Billy! Whens the elbow going on? Eventuri modifying the intake or will the 8v intake fit?
Yeah Eventuri are having to modify it. Not going to fit the elbow until I fit the intake. No point double handling.

That's a bit of a bummer about the EML coming back on but hopefully they'll have a work around soon. It would bother me too much so that's off the cars until the ECU is cracked or the bypass is sorted. Good that the car hasn't over fueled etc with it on though. I'd just be happy with pre-OPF FL levels of volume tbh.

Reactions: billymc92

When you say the bypass valve, is that relating to the cat or the OPFs?

If it's relating to the cat, I'd assume that a sports cat would sort that and you could still run it without the OPFs. If it's related to the OPFs then that's a little more of a pain and I imagine will need some work or a remap down the road.

When you say the bypass valve, is that relating to the cat or the OPFs?

If it's relating to the cat, I'd assume that a sports cat would sort that and you could still run it without the OPFs. If it's related to the OPFs then that's a little more of a pain and I imagine will need some work or a remap down the road.
It’s both, sports cat won’t help unfortunately

It’s both, sports cat won’t help unfortunately
That's a shame. I wonder if R44 could help as they do a bunch of modules for BMWs? Obviously if they work the same way through the OBD then probably not, but maybe their OPF defeat devices are stand alone.

That's a shame. I wonder if R44 could help as they do a bunch of modules for BMWs? Obviously if they work the same way through the OBD then probably not, but maybe their OPF defeat devices are stand alone.
He’s going to speak to the people who do there’s and see if they have solution but like you said, theirs work the same way

He’s going to speak to the people who do there’s and see if they have solution but like you said, theirs work the same way
Fair enough, it makes sense.

I do wonder if someone with a bit of an electronics/software background could just create something that draws power off the original plugs and just links the upstream and downstream sensors and generates a signal that the car sees as the OPFs being something like 90-99% operational? That wouldn't need interaction with the OBD port, but imagine there's a reason they haven't done that yet.

Reactions: Gotospriss and billymc92
Fair enough, it makes sense.

I do wonder if someone with a bit of an electronics/software background could just create something that draws power off the original plugs and just links the upstream and downstream sensors and generates a signal that the car sees as the OPFs being something like 90-99% operational? That wouldn't need interaction with the OBD port, but imagine there's a reason they haven't done that yet.
I think the ecu software is a bit cleverer than that from what I saw regarding something as simple as an adblue sensor on an Audi.

The OPF sensors/ecu will want to see the differential pressure rise and then reduce as it cleans them, if they stay clean forever it will most probably know something is wrong, with each new version this type of emission stuff gets more and more sophisticated

I think the ecu software is a bit cleverer than that from what I saw regarding something as simple as an adblue sensor on an Audi.

The OPF sensors/ecu will want to see the differential pressure rise and then reduce as it cleans them, if they stay clean forever it will most probably know something is wrong, with each new version this type of emission stuff gets more and more sophisticated
It's possible, but there must be cases where folk drive OPF vehicles on long trips all the time and they don't need cleaning by the car specifically? I doubt it'll flag up an error as a result of something working too well, surely? It's a reasonable point, I just don't know how they could possibly implement it and what the point would be apart from specifically targeting something like this.

It's possible, but there must be cases where folk drive OPF vehicles on long trips all the time and they don't need cleaning by the car specifically? I doubt it'll flag up an error as a result of something working too well, surely? It's a reasonable point, I just don't know how they could possibly implement it and what the point would be apart from specifically targeting something like this.
The ecu can monitor just about anything with all kinds of algorithims working away in the background, it will know that the car is always on the Motorway etc and could be able to predict when the filter needs a clean and if the pressure sensors say all is ok when the ecu knows it shouldnt be it will flag it

Adblue even has ultrasonc or radar tank level measuring, it knows whether it's adblue (pig ****) or water, it knows how much to inject and what the corresponding exhaust temperature should be and how much should be getting used depending on your driving, it can and will also stop you driving the car if its faulty.............it's getting clever out there :openmouth:

Very good question lol, these did not fit unfortunately And were type A. I’m now getting type B sent to me so I’ll keep you updated with fitment when these arrive

Just found this!

Reactions: billymc92 and Terminator x

It’s probably measuring the pressure differential across the OPF’s when they are fitted, the software probably knows when a steady reading happens for too long that somethings amiss.

Reactions: Daggerit
I agree it’s all possible, but I wonder if things have changed in regards to this intelligence since the last generation of OPF defeat devices that plugged into the OBD and worked. The only difference so far is that they can’t use the OBD, so being optimistic I’d hope they haven’t changed the monitoring scripts in the background as well. Who knows until folk crack the ECU.

Reactions: Detail Devil
Some pictures after a clean

18655d567ebf8ab1ac7a551a38990787.jpg

590762d9b0905d1518313c15e82425c2.jpg

ae72e9513e1aa48bc9b1d0956a3cf827.jpg

f64ddc9e715ee7fe5f83da87f4b7b0f5.jpg

9f3ef87974aaf0dcd161bf58842a369b.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, IW1, 5pot and 3 others
It’s it’s off to London, look forward to seeing the end results! :sunglasses: