Sportback Bilstein B16s

Oli.

Reaction score
hello all

Currently running MSS springkit on my stage 2 PFL RS3 with magride. Also running updated rear ARB, OX Leggara wheels and uprated lighter brakes - so all round a lighter setup. Thinking of ditching the magride and MSS and going for the B16’s.

Just looking for feedback from anyone running this setup. It’s my wife’s daily car so I wouldn’t want to compromise it.
My thanks in advance.

One of the shop owners here in OZ is running them and he claims the ride quality is as good as stock with no thumping over bumps which is typical of magride. Handling is superior. He does sell the product though!!! But they are reputable.

I’m seriously considering them myself but I’d really like to go for a ride on them before I commit as I’ve been burnt before with internet recommendations. The only problem is that he is in the next state, around 900klm away.

Haha. Thanks. I’m thinking of taking the plunge!

I’m running bilstein b16 and all I can say is their a massive improvement over stock non-magride.

They handle well on the road with no harshness and feel a lot more stable at high speed.

Got a track day booked next weekend I will report back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also forgot to mention this is on a facelift saloon

I’m running bilstein b16 and all I can say is their a massive improvement over stock non-magride.

They handle well on the road with no harshness and feel a lot more stable at high speed.

Got a track day booked next weekend I will report back

Thanks that’s good to know. What are they like around the town - the car is. Mainly used by my wife, and I’d like to smooth thing out a bit. I fit lots of Bilstein b14’s to van and they transform the ride.

My town has really bad roads quite a lot of pot holes etc and they are 100% fine around town I’ve got my set at around 7 clicks on front and 6 clicks on rear for around town driving and their fine their firmer than stock but not harsh at all you won’t be disappointed with them.

Nice thanks for the feedback. I’m going to order this week.

Anyone want to buy an MSS Spring kit?

far better ride with B16s than stock or magride.

I had it on my first RS3 8v and installed them on the other RS3.

for me stock B16 at 9 and 9 were too soft so I went to a bilstein installer and asked for a harder B16 cores.

they did it and I am so pleased now!

Now I am at 4 front 5 back and car handles incredibly well.

In my opinion one of the best coilover kits on the market but very handling orientated so some people find it a little firm even on the softest setting for everyday road use.

Damian @ DPM Performance

In my opinion one of the best coilover kits on the market but very handling orientated so some people find it a little firm even on the softest setting for everyday road use.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Interesting... herein lies the problem with the internet..we can have opposing views for the same product. Some say it improves the ride quality over stock while others feel it is firmer.

I have found that good quality and well matched springs and shocks while being firmer can also offer a compliant and composed ride.

I find the mag ride suspension is great over minor imperfections but crashy on bigger bumps. And mine, like many others are noisy, thud over bumps. The latter being my big motivator for coilovers.

Keen to hear your impressions Oli when you get them on.

Just to update this. The kit has been ordered and is being made. Due to be fitted on the 12th

Reactions: Slowracer
Ive cance3lled the order for the B16’s as the delivery date kept going back and back. I now have KW V3’s coming before the end of the month :)