Bilsteins or Koni's for replacement shocks - non Sline

Scott Poole

Reaction score
Hi All,
Decided to do a complete refresh of the suspension as I have to replace control arms and top mounts on my Q5 - i'm looking at either the bilstein b12 pro kit or the Koni Sport kit.
Does anyone have any experience of the two? especially if its on a Q5 - I don't want anything too crashy, currently I have the SE suspension and not the SLine, so does that mean the replacemen shocks will be comparibly stiff to the SLine OE fitment or will they be softer?
Currently the comfort is great but the car bounces like tigger when pressing on through a bumpy road!

Well, i've spent the last few days obsessively trawling forums for info on this and it seems the Koni Yellows with the H&R springs (sport kit), is the best option for close to stock (or better) ride quality - with the option to stiffen them up if needed. The Bilstein kit gets better overall durablility and handling results, but is less cushioned on initial small bumps and jolts. As UK town centres and back roads are littered with these types of crevices at the moment the Koni's seem the way to go.
Just need tosee if i can get a good price on them now!

Try @DPM our site sponsor for a price.

Reactions: DPM and Scott Poole
I am more familiar with Bilstein Shocks. I've been thinking of ordering the Bilstein B4 OE shocks that I saw on 4wheelonline. Planning to buy it for my 2017 Audi Q7.