Bilt hamber auto-foam snow foam?

BH products are brilliant!

For their snow-foam BH state that you should be aiming for minimum of 4% Foam to water hitting the panels.

An example of the mixture can be: fill the foam gun bottle with 1ltr plain water and using the lance with the valve set at maximum take up, discharge it into a large empty container. When the bottle is empty stop and measure the total water in the container.

For every litre measured you will need 40 mlls of product in the bottle before filling up with water for a 4% panel impact rate.

i.e. if your total discharge including the one litre in the bottle is say 12 ltrs, then you need 12 times 40 mls in the bottle = 480 mls and then add water to fill it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curiously, I tested this today. Discharged 25 litres on my Karcher K7 to empty the foam lance.

So therefore I should be using 1000ml of product. i.e filling the lance bottle with the product neat and letting it mix with the though water.
That makes it rather expensive comparing it to others, considering i'm currently using approx. 100ml per 25 liters.. 1% at the panel? The same as I would with most other foams.

No wonder it's not 'high foaming'.

Reactions: paul wev
Curiously, I tested this today. Discharged 25 litres on my Karcher K7 to empty the foam lance.

So therefore I should be using 1000ml of product. i.e filling the lance bottle with the product neat and letting it mix with the though water.
That makes it rather expensive comparing it to others, considering i'm currently using approx. 100ml per 25 liters.. 1% at the panel? The same as I would with most other foams.

No wonder it's not 'high foaming'.
If it takes you 25 litres to empty the bottle, you wouldn't use that much product even at 100% tbh! Surely you don't use 25 litres of water just to cover the car with snow foam? (That's a lot of time holding the trigger down!). You're virtually double the time it takes me to empty the bottle and I only use around 6.5litres to cover the car, so on that basis you should be able to cover the car with 3.25 litres, which gives you around 7 washes to a full bottle!?!.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
DPD every single time, I've paid extra at times for things just because they use DPD! If you went for the likes of Yodel I wouldn't even bother if you were doing a buy one get one free offer :D DPD do 1 hour time slots so no waiting in all day!
I'm the same. Had loads of issues with Yodel and will avoid companies who use them. Agreed that DPD have got their act together and a good tracking / notification system too. They're delivering my products tomorrow.

Reactions: S32B
Making a list of stuff to get/need ;)

So what is the Bilt hamber stuff like and what is the mix ratio in a 1lt bottler/lance?

Also looking at some Carpro hydro2 lite to add on the list.

I like Bilt Hamber products but for some reason i didn't think much of their snow foam as there wasn't much foam. I found it was a pain to the mix right. I now use Elite Car Care's own one which is brilliant but no idea who makes it

Last edited:
Reactions: Audi Bairn
Wow...wasn’t expecting to see the product to water ratio! Read on and it all makes prefect sense. Great write up :icon thumright:
Yeah it is a good review ;) I may try it in a pump sprayer next time (I just bought a new one today :p) as he says dead easy to calculate the 4% PIR that way :)

The tip about widening the spray if using it as a snow foam was also handy, no need for a thick foam on the car, just soak the car!

I may try it in a pump sprayer next time (I just bought a new one today :p) as he says dead easy to calculate the 4% PIR that way :)

Update on this, I tried that guys method today ;) After all the snow, ice and rain the car was filthy!

I put 80ml of B&H into the pump sprayer which has now dropped in price!!! Bargain for £6.99 https://www.screwfix.com/p/green-pressure-sprayer-7ltr/51100 (I paid £9.99 last month!) and then topped it up to 2lts with hot water. I sprayed it all over the car and left it for 5 mins, then jet washed it off and left it to drip dry, if you look very closely you still see a light layer of dust on the car, but it's the best touch free wash I've ever done!

The B&H is about £17 for 5 litres, so using it this way with 80ml per wash will get you 62 washes, £17/62 = 27p per wash!

I forgot the before pics!!!

IMG 5401
IMG 5402
IMG 5403

Reactions: BarryG79, Pook, Jimbo10 and 2 others
Update on this, I tried that guys method today ;) After all the snow, ice and rain the car was filthy!

I put 80ml of B&H into the pump sprayer which has now dropped in price!!! Bargain for £6.99 https://www.screwfix.com/p/green-pressure-sprayer-7ltr/51100 (I paid £9.99 last month!) and then topped it up to 2lts with hot water. I sprayed it all over the car and left it for 5 mins, then jet washed it off and left it to drip dry, if you look very closely you still see a light layer of dust on the car, but it's the best touch free wash I've ever done!

The B&H is about £17 for 5 litres, so using it this way with 80ml per wash will get you 62 washes, £17/62 = 27p per wash!

View attachment 151241 View attachment 151242 View attachment 151243
Glad it worked well. I think being able to use hot water also makes a difference

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Reactions: S32B

View attachment 151241 View attachment 151242 View attachment 151243

Don't be stingy with snow foam,your dilution ratio is far too low especially for a winter wash,too much is better than too little

Don't be stingy with snow foam,your dilution ratio is far too low especially for a winter wash,too much is better than too little
lol using the BH as a snow foam I was doing a 500ml product to 500ml of water in the bottle, wouldn't call that stingy!!! Same results this way using a lot less!

BH recommend a 4% PIR, 80ml of product topped up with hot water to 2,000ml is a 4% PIR. Why use more when it does the job???

Where did you buy the BH from?

This forums sponsor HERE

Last edited:
Reactions: Taxboy