Bird dropping damage to paint

Geraldy212

Sportback owner
Reaction score
While I was away, our group of neighbourhood owls decided to have a meeting in a tree above by beloved A3. Result, it looks like the droppings have etched away at the clear-coat, and left their marks. I am looking for a kit to correct this problem. By a kit I mean everything needed to do the job in one box. I am not intending to detail the whole car, just repair the bird damage (about 6 square inches of surface). I have see a Meguires Quick Clay kit, and another from www.car-scratch-remover.com Can any member recommend a kit that they have tried? All information very much appreciated.

Could probably do with being machine polished.

Meguiars scratch-x and lots of elbow grease might fix it

If it's rough to touch need to polish the surface then have clear coat reapplied to bring it up to corret depth. I'm sure a stone chip company should be able to sort it.

when its fixed you have 2 options
cut the tree down
or
kill the owls

3M makes a product, but honestly, I'd take it to a high end detailing shop that could wet sand the clear and respray it to match if you want it to be seamless.

That will polish out with a machine polisher just take it to a bodyshop they will do it for you pretty cheap only take them 5 mins tops!