Bit of Advice - Dent Removal B7 Avant

AvantMike

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Looking for a bit of a steer from those more experienced than myself;

One of my son's less salubrious mates decided to put his foot into the rear quarter panel of my bus over Christmas (near drivers side tail-light).
Needless to say words have been had.

I'm now trying to fix it - have gone through youtube videos on dent removal and have sorted worst of the dent but there is a reluctant dent left - roughly 4" long.

No paint damage.

Have been quoted circa £200 to have it fixed by mobile dent service... Thoughts?

Diy body repair videos on youtube can be very mis leading. Its a job that takes skill, you can easily **** it up! Id stick to a professional PDR man if i was you to avoid making it worse and having to visit a body shop.

Reactions: AvantMike and Charlie Farley
have to agree with Alex, panel beating is a skill and he should know he's one......get it done properly and save yourself the hassle and extra expense if you mess it up even more...…
I'm happy to do paint work but I leave panel stuff to the pro's

rob

Reactions: AvantMike
Thanks Gents, that's the advice I was looking for :thumbs up:

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
Perhaps one of the mobile dent removal companies can help? They come to you at home or office & fix dents wherever you are parked. Plenty to be found with a quick googling session. :rugby:

Perhaps one of the mobile dent removal companies can help? They come to you at home or office & fix dents wherever you are parked. Plenty to be found with a quick googling session. :rugby:
Thanks Boffin - that's what I've arranged. Fingers crossed the bus looks her best again soon. thanks all

I have a similar issue. Anyone recommend a PDR guy in South Cambs/Herts?

I’m out west so no good for recommending but for guidance a small ( in my mind anyway) 4 inch dent cost me £278 to fix

It was high, can’t see the dent at all now and paint wasn’t damaged

Reactions: Rob Avant and Charlie Farley
I used Dent Devils after some plank put a crease in my newly replaced offside front wing.
The PDR method is clever and loads cheaper than replacing panels etc.
I believe they have franchises all over the country... The chap from Notts was very good, came to the house and even removed a couple of dings from my drivers door that I’d been putting up with for ages :thumbs up:

what's PDR then chaps....
Paintless dent removal, sometimes called paintless dent repair...
The chap turns up with a special mirror that sticks to the car and gently hammers out the dent/ dink without the need to respray or replace any panels. I was sceptical at first but was well worth the monies. I can’t even tell where the original dent was now.

Reactions: AvantMike and Charlie Farley