Bitcoin and similar crypto currency trading.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
As in the title really chaps, anyone tried or currently involved in these types of trading.
Bitcoin seems to get a lot of hype , some good , some bad but maybe worth a small punt for a quick return on a small investment.
any thoughts on it and is it really worth the effort etc.

any feedback before i waste money would well recieved
rob

Mined it years ago on my parents electricity (cost nothing other than the miner which is still worth a few quid), sold for 7k and got my second smartwatch with it previous to cashing out (now on my third haha).

Didn't start mining to make money and only sold as I was sick of the fluctuation and people telling me all about something they knew nothing about.

Bit late to start a "small investment" now but what do I know; thought Bitcoin was overpriced at £100 when I started way back when.

So not much in it for short terms gains then, would have expected at least £500 back per month from a 3k input.

You should have stuck your money in a few years ago and sold early last year, but I would be very sceptical about big returns these days, it may go up as it's in the toilet at the moment.
Upload 2019 2 11 19 39 53

If anyone knows of any get rich quick schemes that work let us know :happy:

Reactions: martin1984
yep, it's that old chesnut hindsight again...lol, oh well may just go and blow it on something else then..haha

looks very much like one of those chocolate coins on found on a Christmas tree..lol, are sure its not a chocy one ..

Reactions: martin1984 and Bristle Hound
looks very much like one of those chocolate coins on found on a Christmas tree..lol, are sure its not a chocy one ..
No not chocy !

Must admit thought they were a bit cheap on the bay of e ...
laughing.gif

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I agree, now really a lot of sites on cryptocurrencies. Therefore, to attract people, you will need relevant and interesting content, as well as convenient, simple and ergonomic design of the site. I saw a couple of good layouts related to cryptocurrency here https://gapsystudio.com/, I advise you to pay attention.

You have to look at Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies as a gamble. Not an investment. Similar to gold, there is no way of valuing it like a normal stock/company, i.e. through earnings, profit etc.

I have clients who invest in Bitcoin and I tell them the same thing and its impossible to recommend. Some got drawn in last year when it went over $15,000. They're down 75% now... My own opinion is that governments/central banks will do everything they can to avoid cryptocurrencies taking off as they would lose some ability to control their economies.

As I say, treat it as a gamble, maybe even a slightly educated one and you'll avoid too much disappointment.

Reactions: DieselJake
I own gold and a few other precious metals too haha, when you say clients it sounds like you know a bit more than us about where we should be putting our cash and any input in that regard would be highly appreciated.

Thanks for the info guys, I've made a descision to leave it well alone, don't want to risk my hard earned pennies at this stage in my life.

thanks again everyone
rob

Eventually they justrob you

Reactions: DieselJake and Charlie Farley
I own gold and a few other precious metals too haha, when you say clients it sounds like you know a bit more than us about where we should be putting our cash and any input in that regard would be highly appreciated.
I was an equities trader before heading into investment management. It can be good fun for people and some do very well trading smaller stocks. The majority though that try to shoot the lights out end up failing. Certainly for your pension, stick mostly to plain vanilla, ‘boring’ stocks and you’ll not go too far wrong! ;)

Reactions: DieselJake and Charlie Farley
Hey guys, why is there no activity in the cryptocurrency thread at all?
have you sold all your bitcoins and become disillusioned with cryptocurrencies?

I would still say XLM XRP HBAR LUNA AVAX. Bookmark these and check a year from now. You're welcome.

I would still say XLM XRP HBAR LUNA AVAX. Bookmark these and check a year from now. You're welcome.
OK that didn't age well :D Lets not talk about LUNA. Luckily i dont have any but nearly bought lots. Ok i still insist on these due to the ISO regs later this year and the XRP ruling.
Country economy and Ukraine War pending!