BKD OIL PICK UP PIPE???

Yaseen1991

Reaction score
Hello everyone, still having problems with my car. Put in a new hybrid turbo on my BKD 2.0 tdi a3, within 6hours my car drank ALL its oil :(

was thinking inlet seals or headgasket, but got the turbo off today and the 4 ports on the engine side are all bone dry, my mechanic tells me its a faulty turbo unit whereas the turbo supplier is adamant its a blocked oil pick up pipe and i should get the sump off to have a look :s

seriously puzzled and wondering if any1 had same prob or similiar

hybrid turbo was only fitted a week vefore my car lost all its oil, the turbo guy saus putting a hybrid on would only have made the problem more apparent, is he chatting bubbles or could he be right?

thanks

Was the turbo oil feed pipe replaced/inspected/flush through when the turbo was replaced?, I always recommend the feed pipe is replaced when a turbo is.

Also if the turbo has gone and the oil isn't in the exhaust it will more than likely be in the intercooler, this must be cleaned out prior to restarting otherwise you run the risk of the engine running on the oil = Mucho RPMs.

Hello everyone, still having problems with my car. Put in a new hybrid turbo on my BKD 2.0 tdi a3, within 6hours my car drank ALL its oil :(

was thinking inlet seals or headgasket, but got the turbo off today and the 4 ports on the engine side are all bone dry, my mechanic tells me its a faulty turbo unit whereas the turbo supplier is adamant its a blocked oil pick up pipe and i should get the sump off to have a look :s

seriously puzzled and wondering if any1 had same prob or similiar

hybrid turbo was only fitted a week vefore my car lost all its oil, the turbo guy saus putting a hybrid on would only have made the problem more apparent, is he chatting bubbles or could he be right?

thanks

That's why recon. turbo suppliers always require a new oil feed pipe fitted with the turbo.

Turbo warranty is void if you don't have it.

Your mechanic should have known that.

My mechanic did know that hence why he changed the oil feed pipe when the new turbo was fittet...