For Sale Black '57 Audi S3 8P - £6,250

DangerS3

Reaction score
FOR SALE: Audi S3 2.0 '57 plate - £6,250

128k, FSH, just been serviced (30/05/2018), MOT January 2019, electric adjustable heated leather seats, flat bottom MFSW, cam belt/water pump February 2016, only 2 owners from new, Bose stereo, new Brembo discs and pads all round May 2017.

I knew this car fresh from the factory as I told the previous owner to buy one and promised him I'd buy it off him when he comes to upgrade. Fast forward to 2015 when I told him to buy a brand new S3 and sell me his.

It has got a lot of miles, but they're all motorway due to him using it for business use as well as private. So it's had a fairly stress free life on the motorways and then I only cover about 5k a year and had use of a second car, so it's slowed down a lot on racking up any more miles.

Reason for sale is I have a baby on the way and it's not really big enough. I don't want to swap for anything, I just want to sell.

Car is located Maidstone, Kent.

Link to my "build" thread below, which has the pictures on it.

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/project-s3-venom.253740/

Reactions: hussy, Smir and voorhees
Bumpety bump. Lets be honest here, I'll take £6k. No offers though.

Hi is this car still on original clutch,flywheel, turbo, suspension, and bushes thanks also has it had any paint too remedy chips bumper bonnet and has the damaged side skirt been repaired thanks
forgive me for the long list

That's ok, ask away. Everything is original apart from coilpacks, as I've slowly changed one everytime it's gone. Until I had it, it lived its whole life on the motorway so hence nothing needing to be replaced. My commute is less than 15miles a day and I dont go past any speed bumps and nothing suspension related has been picked up on any of my MOTs.
I've not attempted to correct any of the paint, mainly because I have no idea what I'm doing and it will ultimately end badly :tearsofjoy: plus I've got a 5 week old baby and he takes up all my spare time.

Last edited:
For reference, the waterpump etc was replaced as soon as I bought it, November 2015 I believe. I think it was on 118k/119k when that was carried out.

Bump. Make me an offer!

Otherwise this will be getting traded in

Hi mate, could I ask if you ever got around to fixing the side skirt and bit of plastic around the wheel arch? Just been having a look at your build thread. Also, what work has been done since advertising, mechanically (if required)? Bit higher millage than I wanted but if all of the above has been sorted, willing to make an offer of £3500 for it.

It's a cheeky offer, but no chance. You wouldn't even bag a clean 8L with sub 100k for that money.
I haven't touched the side skirt, mainly because 1) I dont even notice it 2) I'd more than likely make it worse.
Mechanically it's only had the usual maintenance done, oil/oil filter/pollen filter, it's not needed anything else. I dont do enough miles to go through brakes/tyres regularly.

Tell a lie, it had a new coil pack and plugs last month. So that means I've now replaced a coilpack every year I've had it :tearsofjoy: so it's got 4 new packs.

Lol no disrespect mate, but that offer was based on the things I'd seen on your build thread. To me the body is going to need some money spending on it to get into the shape my OCD nature could live with. Secondly, the milage is quite high and I appreciate its mainly motorway miles but I'd be doing town driving which will no doubt mean bushes, anti roll bar link etc to be done in the near future. Also, pretty certain the cam belt and water pump will need doing again as it's been 4years since you had the work done? And finally, you would be selling to fellow forum member who will cherish it the way you have. So yes it may seem low, but it was based on all of the above factoring the money I would inevitably be spending on it.

Have a think about it. Oh I'd be driving down from Bradford too to collect.

Driving down from Bradford is a sure fire way of putting him off. Would have gone with West Yorkshire

Reactions: CHEZ
Lol no disrespect mate, but that offer was based on the things I'd seen on your build thread. To me the body is going to need some money spending on it to get into the shape my OCD nature could live with. Secondly, the milage is quite high and I appreciate its mainly motorway miles but I'd be doing town driving which will no doubt mean bushes, anti roll bar link etc to be done in the near future. Also, pretty certain the cam belt and water pump will need doing again as it's been 4years since you had the work done? And finally, you would be selling to fellow forum member who will cherish it the way you have. So yes it may seem low, but it was based on all of the above factoring the money I would inevitably be spending on it.

Have a think about it. Oh I'd be driving down from Bradford too to collect.

The car has covered probably 10k since the cambelt and water pump was done. And I think with a full service I paid £500 all in, I dont think you can knock someone £2k for something that you need to pay for in 4 years that would need to be done on literally any car you buy lol. Anti roll bar bushes are rubber, even if you bought an S3 the same age with 50k on the clock, they'll need doing at some point anyway because rubber doesn't last forever regardless of how much use it gets.

The paint work is in good condition, it was just scratched when I bought it (no noticeable RDSs). I've since ran my DAS6 pro over it with orange and white Hex logic pads and it looks great, I admit the front end isn't perfect by any means and probably will need a blow over to be A1. But as I'm not keeping it I can't justify spending the money for something I dont really notice. Hence it's price being one of the lowest in the UK.

I didn't take any disrespect, dont worry. It was a cheeky offer and it never hurts to ask. But maybe try haggling £500 not 60% off the price because of things you'll maybe need to do it.

Driving down from Bradford is a sure fire way of putting him off. Would have gone with West Yorkshire

Ha. Dont worry, it's the same down here with saying Kent instead of the district.

The car has covered probably 10k since the cambelt and water pump was done. And I think with a full service I paid £500 all in, I dont think you can knock someone £2k for something that you need to pay for in 4 years that would need to be done on literally any car you buy lol. Anti roll bar bushes are rubber, even if you bought an S3 the same age with 50k on the clock, they'll need doing at some point anyway because rubber doesn't last forever regardless of how much use it gets.

The paint work is in good condition, it was just scratched when I bought it (no noticeable RDSs). I've since ran my DAS6 pro over it with orange and white Hex logic pads and it looks great, I admit the front end isn't perfect by any means and probably will need a blow over to be A1. But as I'm not keeping it I can't justify spending the money for something I dont really notice. Hence it's price being one of the lowest in the UK.

I didn't take any disrespect, dont worry. It was a cheeky offer and it never hurts to ask. But maybe try haggling £500 not 60% off the price because of things you'll maybe need to do it.

So it's not just the service inc cam belt! Do you know if the cam chain has been replaced? These are also a common issue with these 2.0 tfsi engines and not a cheap serviceable part. In addition to that, you mention the front end which could do with re-painting but in the same regard, that side skirt needs replacing and repainting and as you mention in your build thread, they don't come cheap! I took all of that into consideration before making my 'cheeky' offer as well as the pretty high milage. It would be interesting to see what we buy any car or similar would offer in the current condition. Any how, wish I could offer more but really can't considering the money is to be spent on it. GLWS.

So it's not just the service inc cam belt! Do you know if the cam chain has been replaced? These are also a common issue with these 2.0 tfsi engines and not a cheap serviceable part. In addition to that, you mention the front end which could do with re-painting but in the same regard, that side skirt needs replacing and repainting and as you mention in your build thread, they don't come cheap! I took all of that into consideration before making my 'cheeky' offer as well as the pretty high milage. It would be interesting to see what we buy any car or similar would offer in the current condition. Any how, wish I could offer more but really can't considering the money is to be spent on it. GLWS.

Two months after I bought the car I had a full service including Brembo brake discs and Pagid pads all round, brake pipes because they were going to need doing, brake fluid, fuel filter, spark plugs, charcoal cabin filter, oil, oil filter, waterpump and any belts that needed changing when the pump comes off along with new coolant. I got it all done so that I didn't need to worry.

Cam chain was on the 2009 S3 onwards I believe, maybe 2010.

It could do with repainting if you wanted a showroom condition car yeah, but if I did get it painted it wouldn't add enough value on to the car to justify it. Hence why I've priced it as one of the lowest in the country.

The side skirt has a crack in the join that could easily be plastic welded and you'd never even notice it. But as I dont want to potentially ruin it resulting in making it worse and needing a whole skirt I have left it. You'd never see it unless I pointed it out or you were under the car looking up anyway. I just had all these plans and then life got in the way haha.

That's fine mate. I appreciate where you're coming from.

I've had two garages offer £4.5k, We Buy Any Car offered £4.2k but the garages didn't have any cars in stock that I wanted and I thought I'd try and see if I could get extra money privately than go back to WBAC and spend another hour there.

Two months after I bought the car I had a full service including Brembo brake discs and Pagid pads all round, brake pipes because they were going to need doing, brake fluid, fuel filter, spark plugs, charcoal cabin filter, oil, oil filter, waterpump and any belts that needed changing when the pump comes off along with new coolant. I got it all done so that I didn't need to worry.

Cam chain was on the 2009 S3 onwards I believe, maybe 2010.

It could do with repainting if you wanted a showroom condition car yeah, but if I did get it painted it wouldn't add enough value on to the car to justify it. Hence why I've priced it as one of the lowest in the country.

The side skirt has a crack in the join that could easily be plastic welded and you'd never even notice it. But as I dont want to potentially ruin it resulting in making it worse and needing a whole skirt I have left it. You'd never see it unless I pointed it out or you were under the car looking up anyway. I just had all these plans and then life got in the way haha.

That's fine mate. I appreciate where you're coming from.

I've had two garages offer £4.5k, We Buy Any Car offered £4.2k but the garages didn't have any cars in stock that I wanted and I thought I'd try and see if I could get extra money privately than go back to WBAC and spend another hour there.

So if that quote from WBAC was done online, just bear in mind they will no doubt knock a **** load more money when you take it for them to review.

Let me think about it, see if I can increase the budget a little further after a discussion with the better half.

Any chance of getting some recent pics up? The ones on your thread are from all the way back in 2015

Good point there mate, I'll get some this weekend :icon thumright:

nice car mate, the build thread is evidence enough to show how much care and effort has been taken, hats off to you don't let it go for peanuts. As its hard to find cars which have been cherished.