Black badges

AndyT306

Staff member
Reaction score
want to replace my Audi rings with black ones, struggling to find ones for the c7.5 has anyone else got them?

Yep, I got them off ebay.

The front ones was the right size, but the top left-most and right-most tabs where in the wrong position. I just cut the off with a dremel, clicked them in and they are sturdy.

Rear ones were harder, the badge that came with the front one rings was a bit bigger than factory, so I bought another one which was a bit smaller. I ended up going with the small one.

Is the oem easy to remove on the front?

Yes but you will break tabs.

If you removed the complete grille then I reckon you could lift each tab from behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the oem easy to remove on the front?

I only broke 1 tab and that was a was rushing a bit when I did it.

I used a plastic trim removal tool, wedged up the bottom of a ring, then inserted another flat removal tool into the to keep the rings separated from the grill and moved the first tool around, then the second tool behind it. I could see the tabs in the gap and pressed down them to release.

Along the lines of this:

Mine certainly didn't come off that easily but you could be lucky and probably more patient than I was.

Wasn't that fussed either as I was 100% going to keep the black rings.

It's a funny old game. The FL should have these non symmetrical badges. See how the top is different to the bottom. The tabs on the side will angle up so they only go on one way.
4b7719dc9113aec62b7684c7ebb2bc14.jpg
032e004cdd13f00800ee31cdade89d00.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You can see the tiny variation here. Dipped is FL and wrapped is PFL.
d139a6459fc07ecb14ce48b64fb4de9b.jpg
c53701634c551669fc379af2329c73ee.jpg

Even more confused now, think I'll take the chrome off first and measure it, there are several on eBay that say they will fit but are different sizes.....

Even more confused now, think I'll take the chrome off first and measure it, there are several on eBay that say they will fit but are different sizes.....

Shouldn't need to remove just measure on the car.

Yeah I tried that, figure the back would be easier to measure, found some matt black ones on eBay that look nice

Late 2013 '63'

Yeah I tried that, figure the back would be easier to measure, found some matt black ones on eBay that look nice
You can tell by the tabs or the size of the holes inbetween the rings

You can tell by the tabs or the size of the holes inbetween the rings

What's so difficult or am I missing something?

just measure the overall length and height whilst still fitted to the car.

Because none of the ebay ones seem to quote the exact size. The two i pictured above are sold as the same size for the same car but they are a different size and shape.

They are either symmetrical or not. Look at the ridge and see if it is in the middle of the top.amd bottom

What size do your current ones measure?