Black Edition

Evening Folks,

Be gentle with me please, first post on a forum.

Have just ordered a black edition 2 weeks ago.

2.0 TD 170 Sportback Quattro in Phantom Black.

If anyone has any decent pictures of a black sportback it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Neil

Evening Folks,

Be gentle with me please, first post on a forum.

Have just ordered a black edition 2 weeks ago.

2.0 TD 170 Sportback Quattro in Phantom Black.

If anyone has any decent pictures of a black sportback it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Neil
Hello there, saw a 3 door at Tesco, Danestone the other day.

Have not seen one decent photo of a black sportback however if you look further down this thread you will see some youtube footage taken of one which will at least give you a better idea.

sounds like you will have your'e one first, i have a build date of week 17.

Hopefully someone will post photo's up soon.

The wait is a nightmare, ive ordered loads of detailing gear (a friend & will be detailing the car at the dealers on the Saturday i pick it up) Golf GTI/S3/Cupra peddles & a matching dead pedal. Also pricing up for full Milteck Exhaust system & remap either from REVO stage 2 or a P-Torque custom map for starters.

Any one else started modding or got bits planned?

The wait is a nightmare, ive ordered loads of detailing gear (a friend & will be detailing the car at the dealers on the Saturday i pick it up) Golf GTI/S3/Cupra peddles & a matching dead pedal. Also pricing up for full Milteck Exhaust system & remap either from REVO stage 2 or a P-Torque custom map for starters.

Any one else started modding or got bits planned?

S3 mirror covers and the S3 pedals ordered and sat at the dealers waiting for the car!

S3 front grill will probably follow shortly afterwards.

Anthacite BBS CH or BBS CK wheels will hopefully follow within the next 6 months.

Can't decide whether to get the RNS-E or a double din Alpine head unit.

Chris

S3 mirror covers and the S3 pedals ordered and sat at the dealers waiting for the car!

Chris

I cant believe the price of the Audi Mirror covers coming from Seat where a set of Cupra ones where £14 :wtf:

I shall be going for a RNS-E though not sure if i will fit it me self or get Hazzy Dayz too when i get them to fit the Auto Lights, Rain Sensor & Auto Dimming Mirror pack

i think you can only get ch in black or silver the cks are silver ,ball polished ,and antherite

Anthacite BBS CH or BBS CK wheels will hopefully follow within the next 6 months.

Chris

I THINK MINE'S ARRIVED!!!

:thumbsup:

Friend of mine has confirmed there's a black 2.0 TFSI S-Line with rear tints and the 18" titanium alloys wrapped in white plastic on the forecourt of the local dealer .....

I'm gonna have to suffer through an afternoon at work before I can go take a look!

Chris

I THINK MINE'S ARRIVED!!!

:thumbsup:

Friend of mine has confirmed there's a black 2.0 TFSI S-Line with rear tints and the 18" titanium alloys wrapped in white plastic on the forecourt of the local dealer .....

I'm gonna have to suffer through an afternoon at work before I can go take a look!

Chris

Its gotta be, you could be in it by sat and crashed it by sun.
Make sure you get some good pics up of it if it is..

Its gotta be, you could be in it by sat and crashed it by sun.
Make sure you get some good pics up of it if it is..

It might be, but I'm on a flight to Southampton tomorrow lunchtime, not returning until Sunday night!

That's bad timing isn't it!

They'll still have to PDI it and fit my mirrors and pedals, so I think we're looking next week anyway.

And the speed limit's only 35mph over here mate .... and I've already spent time off the roads because of it! I'll have to be very discrete about putting my foot down!

Chris

It might be, but I'm on a flight to Southampton tomorrow lunchtime, not returning until Sunday night!

That's bad timing isn't it!

They'll still have to PDI it and fit my mirrors and pedals, so I think we're looking next week anyway.

And the speed limit's only 35mph over here mate .... and I've already spent time off the roads because of it! I'll have to be very discrete about putting my foot down!

Chris

35 all over Guernsey? Seriously?
Why you go for a 2.0TFSi then?

35 all over Guernsey? Seriously?
Why you go for a 2.0TFSi then?

Not all over Guernsey ... it's 25mph in some areas!

Doesn't mean I have to drive a 1 litre piece of **** though!

I'll take the car over to the UK occasionally to stretch its legs a bit!

Chris

DSC00109.JPG

Gonna be a long wait til next Wednesday!!

Chris

Still haven't got it, but caught it outside on my way to the airport Friday lunchtime ....

my_a3.jpg

my_a3front.jpg

Only one S3 mirror cover has been put on at the moment .... I guess it was a test-fit!

Chris

I'm warming to the grill...how'd it look in the flesh..?

It looked good. There was a TT with the S3-type grill (thicker slats) parked about 2 cars up, and while I noticed the difference I'm not sure it's enough to persuade me to change to the S3 grill.

I think I'd need to hold the S3 grill up against the S-Line grill to make my final decision though, and I think it'll look different still with the number plate mounted.

Chris

P.S. My collection of the car has been put back to Friday as the garage received 2 left indicator covers ..... which is why only one was fitted in the photos ....

would any of the guys that have the car allready be able to tell me of the air bag deactivation light is please?

The car is now in the country and should hopefully be at the dealers on Friday ready for me to colect on Saturday. Bring it on

Audi have quoted me 283.00 to order and fit the S3 grill into my Black edition when it arrives.

I used part no 8P0 853 651 FVMZ for the black S3 grill - I hope this is right and that it will fit - If anyone can confirm it would be much appreciated.

I'll be looking to remove the S3 badge and replace with an S-line - anyone
know which s-line badge would fit the S3 grill ?

Cheers

Which garage have you been quoted this at? My garage were comin in around £333 ish to order and fit. The are quoting £100 for the labour..

Audi have quoted me 283.00 to order and fit the S3 grill into my Black edition when it arrives.

I used part no 8P0 853 651 FVMZ for the black S3 grill - I hope this is right and that it will fit - If anyone can confirm it would be much appreciated.

I'll be looking to remove the S3 badge and replace with an S-line - anyone
know which s-line badge would fit the S3 grill ?

Cheers

Hi, which garage quoted you this price? Mine has quoted £333 ish with £100 of that for labour..
Cheers

Only one S3 mirror cover has been put on at the moment .... I guess it was a test-fit!

Chris

Out of interest, what are the dealers doing with the black mirror covers, if they are keeping them, are you getting money off the S3 ones?

Out of interest, what are the dealers doing with the black mirror covers, if they are keeping them, are you getting money off the S3 ones?

I shall be ensuring that I drive away with them in the boot!

I'll keep them in case the S3 ones are:

a) stolen, or
b) damaged.

Chris

Pick mine up at 4.30 pm today phantom black !Cant wait will post pics when i get chance !!

There's no shortage of Black Editions around here!

A (not so) exclusive little club!! Shame they're not badged-up as Black Edition models.

Chris

I shall be ensuring that I drive away with them in the boot!

I'll keep them in case the S3 ones are:

a) stolen, or
b) damaged.

Chris

Nice one. What are you betting the dealers don't say anything and you have to ask for them?

Nice one. What are you betting the dealers don't say anything and you have to ask for them?

I have already told them to ensure they are in the car when I turn up!

A "friend" of mine is a tech in their workshop. I have heard many stories of parts being flogged on ebay ..... and they are not profiting from me!

Chris

Lucky boys...still have at least another week for mine.

I know this is off topic but is it me or are the A3 seats really low set ? Have a loan A3 at the mo as my ST sold last week, it's 2.0TDI Sport...Did'nt really notice on the test drive but it's much lower than my
ST ?

And yes...I have adjusted it..:yum:

Tidy !

Enjoy !

Thanks!

cant you see it says no parking?

Looks really nice especially the back drop, are you pleased with it?

Chuffed to bits. And the car's turning lots of heads .... the DRL's particularly attract attention!

O n l y downside is the Concert stereo. Sounds from the Bose speakers is fantastic, but the Concert is pretty simplistic.

Definitely will be replacing it as soon as I can.

Chris