Black or Chrome Audi Emblem

• Black

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Chrome

Votes: 19 73.1%

• Total voters

alpesh26

Reaction score
I fitted the RS3 grille to my S3 the other week but I'm not sure what colour Audi emblem to go with, I've got a choice of black or chrome, what do you reckon?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,948
  • 2 (1).jpg
    2 (1).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 849
Black for me, done the same on my S5.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: alpesh26
I fitted the RS3 grille to my S3 the other week but I'm not sure what colour Audi emblem to go with, I've got a choice of black or chrome, what do you reckon?
Where you get the grille mate? Mine is cracked at the bottom where the Quattro thing is. Mine is pre facelift so the Quattro bit is on the lower grille.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Not sure that would even fit a 2015 would it?

Where you get the grille mate? Mine is cracked at the bottom where the Quattro thing is. Mine is pre facelift so the Quattro bit is on the lower grille.

I got it from AliExpress. It won't fit a 2015, the grille is a different shape on the facelift but there are PFL ones on AliExpress.

Did you keep the chrome S5 badge? Not sure if the black emblem and chrome S3 badge would look odd
The badge wouldn't fit with the clip so haven't bothered to refit it with glue or another adhesive. Have black badges all round except rear S5 badge, still not decided how to get the finish for that I'm after.

Reactions: alpesh26
The badge wouldn't fit with the clip so haven't bothered to refit it with glue or another adhesive. Have black badges all round except rear S5 badge, still not decided how to get the finish for that I'm after.

I think black badges on the rear would look lost on navarra, black badges on a white car looks smart! My S3 badge didnt fit properly on the new grille so I drilled a small pilot hole in the bottom of the clip and put a self tapping screw through it so it doesnt get pinched...might be something you could do

Reactions: Adam14 and Audi Bairn
Chrome for me mate.
If it was mine (which it's not) i think the black grille needs broken up a bit plus with the darker Navarra it would help too.
I've had black edition Audi's on previous cars but I preferred the chrome trim on mine because of the colour of this car.
Really just an individual thing though.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and alpesh26
Had both, kept the chrome to keep it classy and not looking like a boy racer ;)

IMG 3050

IMG 3063

Reactions: TYb, Audi Bairn, Bishop187 and 3 others
I went with the chrome, the black looked lost in the grille even though it did look mean

Attachments

• F4C16043-35A0-409D-8D8C-DE89942BBEA0.jpeg
    F4C16043-35A0-409D-8D8C-DE89942BBEA0.jpeg
    359 KB · Views: 420
  • 52B30F7E-FF84-43C8-967D-A88392484585.jpeg
    52B30F7E-FF84-43C8-967D-A88392484585.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 439
Reactions: TYb and Audi Bairn
I voted for chrome, despite I always liked and wanted it black. More than that, I've got the black badge on the back and I love how it looks on a nano grey car. But as I wrote, I voted for the chrome badge because with the black one the number plate becomes the brightest spot on the front and the black badge just disappears. Also, the chrome badge makes the line of headlight-badge-headlight complete, which the black one doesn't. I would change my mind and get the black badge if driving without the front number plate was allowed, which is not, sadly.

@Lehn & @alpesh26 , where did you get the black badges? Does the oem sized badge fit this grille? I have the chrome badge only and despite I voted for it, I'd like to try the black too. My missus wants the black badge as well, she says it should be black because there are the black rings on the trunk.

@Lehn & @alpesh26 , where did you get the black badges? Does the oem sized badge fit this grille? I have the chrome badge only and despite I voted for it, I'd like to try the black too. My missus wants the black badge as well, she says it should be black because there are the black rings on the trunk.

Just plastidipped mine. Didn’t turn out as I wanted and I prefer the chrome so turned it back to stock.

Reactions: dp_motley
Just plastidipped mine. Didn’t turn out as I wanted and I prefer the chrome so turned it back to stock.
Thanks! I thought you had both black and chrome badge in the package as I had when I bought my first RS3 grille (which I returned to the seller).

@alpesh26 - what alloys do you have?

If silver then go chrome: ‘collars & cuffs’ and all that.

If grey then go dark for full stealth look.

I have the black edition titanium coloured wheels. I went with the chrome badge, the black looked like the badge wasnt even there, plus the S3 badge at the front is chrome so it would look silly

My badges came with the grille mate

Reactions: dp_motley