Black or gunmetal rims on black avants, are they right.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
well still looking into rims for the old bus and came accross these ,but they only seem to be available in black .

Blk3

I like the design and the color but not convinced they are quite right on my black avant , but would be great on other color avants.
same applies to gunmetal finish, is it going to look too much.
I am thinking of going from my current rims below, to something as above but cant picture them fitted, so, if anyone can work wonders and do some clever photoshoping and get these black rims onto my avant that would be excellent or, just some feedback on dark rims on dark coloured cars.
IMG 0642

many thanks in advance chaps.

I've never been a fan of black wheels regardless of what colour cars they are fitted to.....I think every car I have ever owned has had silver wheels on them apart from a set of gold steel wheels on my old Mexico whilst I was refurbishing the RS4 alloys.

The Avant came with silver alloys but I took a chance on matte gunmetal when I upgraded to 19"s. And I know I'm slightly biased but the car suits the colour....they don't seem to be lost as Gaz has said but that may also be down to the diamond cut bits.

I think they look sweeeeeeeeett. I'm a fan of black wheels on black cars ever since seeing the police car on robocop in the 90's. He started the black wheel thing ;0) I have black rotors on my black a4. Do what you like. Poop to everyone else, it's your bus

I'll be putting these on mine when the weather gets better and powder coating the standards anthracite or gunmetal as I hate silver wheels

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 13,981
my were silver to start with mate, i did my winter wheels black and was surprised how well they looked on the car, my summer wheels are kind of gunmetal/anthracite but a tad lighter,

20140413 095810 resized
20151122 120309
20150906 152848 resized

I agree I think black wheels get lost on black cars, I think grey or silver and now Iv got mine I think grey looks great! Wish I had wide arches like an rs4 though So chunky haha

OOOO i like them, depends on what style wheel it is as well for black cars
where you seen them ???

Only if i wanted to pretend i was batman.

Nah, charcoal RS4 style is the way to go, classics, look good on almost any audi, particularly silver B7 cabs :happy:. I am slightly biased mind you. Now where did I leave my cape?

Lol I like daylight led headlights and tail lights but there all dark or smoked that would ruin the car I recon it needs some contrast in there especially seen as it has tinted windows aswell lol

A mix of dark and chrome.. Can't wait to get them on..!!

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, James.c and Charlie Farley
i like that color mix....nice, now i can see my current rims looking very nice done that way....

DSC 0021 3

Black wheels all day for me. Although I think the 18s look small now