Black wing mirrors

Gav93_S3

Reaction score
Does anyone have a sepang blue s3 black edition with black wing mirrors instead of chrome, or is there any photos anywhere? Please upload photos as I am thinking of getting it done

Reactions: Dazzeroo
Carbon fibre mirrors
No black pack but gives you an idea of mirrors.

Reactions: Dazzeroo, Gazjs, batch and 1 other person
image_3.jpeg

Was looking for the same earlier this week! Didn't have much success!

Bought some carbon fibre ones anyway and fitted them yesterday, did consider gloss black as well though.

image_4.jpeg

Reactions: Dazzeroo, Gazjs and Rob2k68
Reactions: Dazzeroo and Rob2k68
I have a wtb in the classified section for some so if anyone has any they want to sell with out lane assist I will take them wanted to do this mod since I bought the car.
Looks miles better than the silver ones.

Reactions: davc
Had black mirror caps on my 8p and will be doing the same when my mate can spray some cheap ones I've ordered from ECP.

Reactions: Dazzeroo
Ive asked the supplying dealer to paint the mirrors black before collection on a daytona grey Sportback. Just trying to decide if carbon mirrors are a better option...Dealer is paying to paint mirrors though?!

IMO the S3 looks so much better with the black mirrors(or the carbon ones), never did like the chrome ones. Personal choice folks before you say "yeah but its an S3!" blah blah blah

Reactions: richinsoton, Simon L and Dazzeroo
IMO the S3 looks so much better with the black mirrors(or the carbon ones), never did like the chrome ones. Personal choice folks before you say "yeah but its an S3!" blah blah blah

Painted Black door Mirror covers...Stone chips? within months, Carbon Door Mirror covers just look class and will hide stone chips a bit better

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, Dazzeroo and 1 other person
Painted Black door Mirror covers...Stone chips? within months, Carbon Door Mirror covers just look class and will hide stone chips a bit better
Ouch! Never thought of that. If they do chip and look rubbish I'll swop them out for the carbon jobs.

Thinking of getting the diffuser done at the same time in gloss black. Thoughts?

Hopefully collect the car Friday/ Saturday :)

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
Ive asked the supplying dealer to paint the mirrors black before collection on a daytona grey Sportback. Just trying to decide if carbon mirrors are a better option...Dealer is paying to paint mirrors though?!

Rob268 has Carbon covers on his Daytona mate, and they look A for awesome

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Dazzeroo

..........yeah but it's an S3......................:blahblah1:

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 2 others
I've wrapped and plasti-dipped mine. To wrap will cost you around £50 professionally or you can spray them with the plasti-dip for about £9 and they both leave a great finish. Plus it can always be un done if you change your mind and you're not £300 out of pocket (the covers)

Reactions: pburv
I've wrapped and plasti-dipped mine. To wrap will cost you around £50 professionally or you can spray them with the plasti-dip for about £9 and they both leave a great finish. Plus it can always be un done if you change your mind and you're not £300 out of pocket (the covers)

MA3RC, what prep is involved for having them wrapped professionally ? And is there anyone you could recommend please ?

No prep needed at all, just make sure they're clean and maybe a quick polish so the wrap bonds to the mirror and not the dirt :p

Where in the world are you based?

Here's some pics to give you an idea of the wrap:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
so best bet would be too buy a set of primed caps from audi and swap them in? well thats what i think i will do rather than wrap the ali ones.

Reactions: Rob2k68
so best bet would be too buy a set of primed caps from audi and swap them in? well thats what i think i will do rather than wrap the ali ones.

Sounds like a plan !! Done the same on my Seat Leon FR mirror caps were only £17 a piece although I expect the Audi ones to be a tad more expensive.

Sounds like a plan !! Done the same on my Seat Leon FR mirror caps were only £17 a piece although I expect the Audi ones to be a tad more expensive.
Think they where £29 each when i asked will order mine tomorrow.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Do you have to remove the mirror caps to wrap them ?

You can do it with them on, but the finish won't be as good and is incredibly fiddily. But they are so easy to take off, so I'd recommend doing that