Blanking EGR on BKD PD140

slizza786

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'd like to blank my EGR out with a blanking plate between the EGR valve and the inlet manifold connecting pipe then have a remap to remove the MAL light. Iv heard quite a few people have done this as a quick job but I'm worried about one thing so would rather get some knowledge before starting the process. The inlet manifold connecting pipe is held to the valve with two bolts. Is it easy to say to remove those two bolts and gently pull the connecting pipe a bit further back to slot in the blanking plate?

A mate of mine told me the pipe also has a clamp position roughly to its middle which will stop you from being able to pull it back after undoing the bolts and so that clamp needs to be removed too.

Is this correct or will taking the two bolts off be enough?

I managed to remove the bolts and slide a reducer gasket into the pipe to the right of it no problem!

I managed to remove the bolts and slide a reducer gasket into the pipe to the right of it no problem!
Mindak so you only removed the two bolts and nothing else? Was there a lot of space to play with? Have a you a pic/link to what a reducer gasket is?

Well there was enough to swap them over!
These are commonly fitted to reduced egr function while not upsetting the ecu!

Blanked it off right now. Your right there's enough space with just taking the two bolts off but got a second person to hold the pipe back whilst I fiddled the plate and gasket back into slot. Just used a 6mm Allen key

Blanked it off right now. Your right there's enough space with just taking the two bolts off but got a second person to hold the pipe back whilst I fiddled the plate and gasket back into slot. Just used a 6mm Allen key

How are you finding this mate? Im looking to egr blank mine too, Did you remove dpf while you done this or just egr blank? hows the car running now?

How are you finding this mate? Im looking to egr blank mine too, Did you remove dpf while you done this or just egr blank? hows the car running now?
I'm lucky that my car avoided a dpf but be careful if you do remove yours as its a mot fail.

I'm so happy to have blanked my egr with the plate. I bought a plate with no hole in it so the engine light came on but I did a remap which included an EGRoff coded in so the engine light doesn't come on. Im not sure if its increased performance because at the same time I got my turbo cleaned so I inevitably felt a big change in performance. But my conscious is clear knowing no more gunk is going back into my engine by using a plate that cost me only £4.

Because id like to get my egr blank and a remap to recod the ecu so no engine light.. But i wouldnt want to remove the dpf as it will just cause smoke coming out the exhaust and dpf stops it from doing that.. Where you based and where did you get your remap done?

I got a generic remap done by blacksmoke for £45 and its given me roughly the same stats as a stage 1 remap. I did the remap myself; just bought the cable and sent them my ecu map and they sent it back for me to write on my car. I'm in nw london

@FaisalFazeli use a proper blanking plate (without the hole) and have your DPF gutted at the same time. A custom map like one that @Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps or others can write you will make sure your car doesn't smoke...you won't be able to tell anything has been done apart from more power :)

Thats what exactly im after, just been put off most cars that ive seen videos on youtube full of smoke coming out cheers for that sayam, where is paul based?

Thats what exactly im after, just been put off most cars that ive seen videos on youtube full of smoke coming out cheers for that sayam, where is paul based?

It's all in the mapping. You may get a very light haze of smoke on Full throttle but that's OK

Paul is in the north west so Newcastle/Middlesborough/Sunderland area from what I remember