Blinkin twats!!! someone took my tow hook cover! >:(

boggysv

Reaction score
The apartment manager says I should wait till 8pm before the security guy who can review the camera recordings comes to work! Then he kept saying it's the wind that blew it off.

12-03-08_1606.jpg

What price are they?

Just called my dealer(watford audi). 10.92gbp without paint.

Also, I've just learnt that misano red's paint code is LZ3M? can anyone confirm?

pure vandalism.... like many things in our cities.... I work in London sometimes and the thing that I find really sad is when using the train (not the tube) there isn't a single spot of wall, etc that isn't sprayed with graffiti.... really sad...

I have absolutly nothing against graffiti if done properly it can be a work of art... but compared to Portugal... London is quite decadent in these matters, don't teenagers have better things to do like playing sports, studying, reading, etc....

Pedro

Cheap recreational drugs and boredom are to blame in the inner citys!

There used to be youth clubs in every town , now theres nothing!

I used to be a member of one of the most famous ( and oldest ) boys clubs in the country Salford lads club ( boxing , football, ect great times ), used to be open 7 nights a week , now it's open two!

Cut backs!

p

****** -

must be able to get one in that colour from ebay i guess.

Knowing Audi they probably charge you £100 for that painted.
Gutted for you- sounds sad but I pray everyday that my car will be untouched. And so far, I've been very lucky, it's virtually in showroom condition after 1 year and a half on the roads.

Are you sure it just didn't fall off? Might sound daft but plastic bits easily come away. Vandalism or not, I can't think why someone would go to the trouble of taking it.

Wind my **** as Jim Royale would say.Utterly pointless theft.

Unless someone out their with a red A3 with a missing took hook cover see's boggysv's motor and thinks to themselves that'll do nicely.

I'm not saying that's what happend but it's a perfectly valid scenario.

Unless someone out their with a red A3 with a missing took hook cover see's boggysv's motor and thinks to themselves that'll do nicely.

Then they'd be disappointed to know I'm not brilliant red. Car is parked in a "secure" parking, with cctv and barrier gates restricted to apartment residents. I'm the only red S3 here, the other A3s are silver and black.

The part is ready for collection tomorrow, anyone care to give an estimate paint cost and recommend a bodyshop near central london? Else I might just drive around with it unpainted for a while :puke:

Can you buy a tin of misano spray, if so do it yourself its such a small item by the time you stick some polish on it,I'm sure it will be ok.
If not leave it for a while and when your lacquer starts peeling Audi will spray it for you (my misano A3 had to have bits sprayed due to the lacquer coming off at six months of age:faint: )

Can you buy a tin of misano spray, if so do it yourself its such a small item by the time you stick some polish on it,I'm sure it will be ok.
If not leave it for a while and when your lacquer starts peeling Audi will spray it for you (my misano A3 had to have bits sprayed due to the lacquer coming off at six months of age:faint: )

I'm surprised with the multiple cases of misano peeling on this board. Never read about such a problem on US based forums (audiworld, audizine, vwvortex). Hope mine is fine. <fingers crossed>

Anyways, 40gbp out of the pocket for no good reason :3sadwalk:

You can buy what is called a "Touch-Up Set" which consists of a 9ml bottle of "Pearl Effect Base Paint" and a 9ml bottle of "Clear Lacquer". It is priced at £5.75+VAT and can be ordered through your dealer.

The part number for Misano Red is LST 0P2 Z3M.

I bought a kit last year to touch up a small stone chip on my bonnet, but I've not got around to doing it yet.

I was looking at "paintscratch.com" and it seems I need to use some clearcoat as well? Not even sure if I need to use plastic primer.

Seeing how I have to buy my own spray/brush, do the job myself, risk screwing up...I'd rather send it to audi and let them handle it. If there's any problem, I can always just drive the car back with my receipts.

(yep, I'm the kind of guy who wont change my own oil if I can pay someone to do it.)