Blow Off Valve for A3 E-TRON 2015

wolfiebrah

Reaction score
Hi. I'm looking for a BOV for audi a3 etron.

I think Forge Motosports makes some for 1.4 engines but I read it wasn't compatible with VW GTE (I think same sh*t as E-TRON).
The one that does NOT fit: https://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/Dump_Valve_for_the_12_and_14_TSI_Engine_2015on--product--1431.html

but then I found one which says that fits for GTE: https://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/Dump_Valve_for_the_VW_GTE--product--1936.html

Will this one fit on Etron? I mean I think both cars are pretty much the same but as Im not an expert I'm just asking.

Golf MK7 and MK7.5 are identical drivetrains to the A3 8v e-tron.
cosmetically the 8v has an engine cover where the Golf doesn’t ….

The new 8y and MK8 also have the same drive train as far as I understand just with a larger battery and possibly some other minor changes .

Not sure what you are trying to achieve with a dump valve with the PHEV drivetrain ?

Golf MK7 and MK7.5 are identical drivetrains to the A3 8v e-tron.
cosmetically the 8v has an engine cover where the Golf doesn’t ….

The new 8y and MK8 also have the same drive train as far as I understand just with a larger battery and possibly some other minor changes .

Not sure what you are trying to achieve with a dump valve with the PHEV drivetrain ?
Im not always driving in Eletric, sometimes when I wanna be a bit more sporty I use petrol engine and I was thinking that BOV would be a nice touch in terms of "whoosh" sound to the car.

To force the car into using the engine you will need to be in both Dynamic and hybrid-hold and even then the start stop will automatically kick in, be aware as well that the engine will run sometimes even in EV mode to keep it lubricated and to stop condensation etc from building up . It may make some odd noises at times with a dump valve

I can’t really say if a dump valve will confuse the ECU with any of this functionality, though I guess it’s probably just best to ask forge motorsport.

Looking at the listing you may have issues if you keep the stock e-trim engine cover in place ….

To force the car into using the engine you will need to be in both Dynamic and hybrid-hold and even then the start stop will automatically kick in, be aware as well that the engine will run sometimes even in EV mode to keep it lubricated and to stop condensation etc from building up . It may make some odd noises at times with a dump valve

I can’t really say if a dump valve will confuse the ECU with any of this functionality, though I guess it’s probably just best to ask forge motorsport.

Looking at the listing you may have issues if you keep the stock e-trim engine cover in place ….
there's this video on GTE

the start stop will automatically kick in, be aware as well that the engine will run sometimes even in EV mode to keep it lubricated and to stop condensation etc from building up .