Blower Motor?

ozique

Reaction score
Dear Friends, :respekt:

My car, 2001 B6 A4 2.0 SE Multitronic, the blower motor stopped working for more than a week, no blowing air coming inside at all. Then all of a sudden, on Saturday, blower motor started to work and was blowing full air power. Then yesterday, I noticed water was emptied and filled it up. Started car, and blower motor stopped working again. Any advice? Been advised by various sources, to replace, either blower motor, brush inside the motor or power module for the blower motor. What's your advice please?

Thanks,

Ozique :aggressive:

Im my '97 A3, the blower motor gave up the ghost. I whipped it out of the car and stretched the springs holding the brushes in. Temporary fix to be honest, and you've gotta be carefull when bending back the lil metal clamps that hold them in. If its working intermittently I reckon its the brushes so best bet is to change them, unless you spot a cheapy Valeo unit.

Hope this helps

Alex:icon_thumright:

My motor went last year,its a very common fault.
You could get a second hand one from a breakers but it might be on its last legs too so i just got a new one not cheap at £200.

:respekt: Dear Guys,

Thanks for the advice.

I got advice recently from USA, and he suffered same problem. He said to change the blower motor power module, not the blower motor itself. He said this way it's cheaper and ensuring the motor will back to work full time.

Do you agree?

Ozique :tumble:

ozique said:
:respekt: Dear Guys,

Thanks for the advice.

I got advice recently from USA, and he suffered same problem. He said to change the blower motor power module, not the blower motor itself. He said this way it's cheaper and ensuring the motor will back to work full time.

Do you agree?

Ozique :tumble:
Im not sure what the power module is???

Nor me.
If it is the brushes that have gone in yours though, surely putting a new power module wont fix dodgy brushes.
If it was me, and it will be me in a couple of weeks, i will be getting a new motor from GSF probably. I seem to remember £76+VAT. Much cheaper than main stealer.

Alex
:icon_thumright:

i spoke to audi yesterday and the blower motor is sold as a sealed unit (£270 inc vat) so you cant buy brushes seperate

cheapest place i have found so far is vagparts £187+ vat + delivery..........the search continues coz im sure i cann get one cheeper from somewhere

Deano

I did alot of searching last year and vagparts was the best option then too.

Sorry for the double post, but im pretty sure that you can buy brushes seperate. I managed to get at the brushes on mine. So going to a project shop or something that may have motors might well be able to get brushes of the same size.

Alex

The part number for a B6 A4 is 8E2 820 021E.
You can change the bushes on the earlier B5 motors but not on the B6.

james0808 said:
The part number for a B6 A4 is 8E2 820 021E.
You can change the bushes on the earlier B5 motors but not on the B6.

That is correct, these things go for a past time, i paid £100 for a second hand one, the B5 and passat ones are well cheap on Ebay, but the B6 is different, it's £260 from audi or 2nd hand I'm affraid.

They are easy to fit though, 20 mins max, mine was wierd, it used to work for 20 mins the n stop, then work again and just keep coming on and off, they are very intermittent, mine looked brand new when i took it out, the 2nd hand one looked pretty battered, but it has been fine now for 2yrs.

Hello Friends,

Thanks for your replies, which almost all of you decides on changing blower motor.

I was away and got back now, and I checked it again, it started to work for one day on Saturday. Then Sunday, it stopped working!!

So during car running, I took out the fuse for air con, and then put it back in the fuse box, blower motor started to work full power, then cut out after 5 secs. I repeated this step 3 times.

So I thought about module (relay) and contacted USA man, he said definitely module as he had same problem as me, but here UK, everyone said blower motor. I do apologise and do not want to waste time, but this is interesting debate.

So do you think it is module or blower motor itself? If I buy blower motor and its gives me same problem again? It could be module problems?

Your answer, my dear friends ...

Ozique :think:

ozique said:
Hello Friends,

Thanks for your replies, which almost all of you decides on changing blower motor.

I was away and got back now, and I checked it again, it started to work for one day on Saturday. Then Sunday, it stopped working!!

So during car running, I took out the fuse for air con, and then put it back in the fuse box, blower motor started to work full power, then cut out after 5 secs. I repeated this step 3 times.

So I thought about module (relay) and contacted USA man, he said definitely module as he had same problem as me, but here UK, everyone said blower motor. I do apologise and do not want to waste time, but this is interesting debate.

So do you think it is module or blower motor itself? If I buy blower motor and its gives me same problem again? It could be module problems?

Your answer, my dear friends ...

Ozique :think:

Mine was exactly the same, the whole unit is shafted and needs to be replaced, it is a dead easy fix you just whip out the glovebox and take out 3 or 4 screws.

I will repeat...it is the blower motor that is faulty, see if you can get a 2nd hand one first, but make sure it is for a B6 A4 not the earlier B5 model as they are different.

I used to take my fuse out and bang it would work for 5 secs then shut off.

Here is my post about this problem last year

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=22963

Hi Guys,
Im new here, so hello to all.. :) I have the same problem and cant find the part 8E2 820 021E on vagparts.com or anywhere else!! tried ebay too but there just arent any.... IM in republic of ireland and the dealer quoted me E450 + Vat!!!! :sadlike:
Any help????

No Idea, mine is an A (as you can see from the pic), and that's on a 2002 A4 Avant TDi 130.

mmm... will have to check mine, but i have been told by various people that the blower motor model is the same for all a4 b6 model, no difference. true, isn't it?

How much doogleman?
A secondhand one may not be any better than the one you have!

£129 sterling including postage to republic of ireland. The part has a 90 day warranty so I reckon if it is going to fail it would fail within 3 months.#

Over here it is Euro450 +VAT new so it's worth the risk for me anyway. :thumbsup:

Hi All,
Well just to update you all, recieved the part today (part#: 8E2 820 021A) and fitted and working perfectly. Part was got from www.partsgateway.com. I would highly reccommend them, was my last resort and paid off well. Only £129 including postage to ROI and its free to register with the website.
:icon_thumright: