Blue fin or not??

s3schofield

Reaction score
Been searching for many remaps and im undecided wheather to get the blue fin! the thing that pull to it is the fact you can upgrade to stage2 for free and put the car to standard whenever you want??!! Has anyone had the blue fin on there 2.0tfsi sline ?? Or should just go APR Revo route ?? I used to have a 1.8t with an agressive map and loved the feeling when it surged in but the superchips / blue fin looks a very smooth map?? Any advise would be appreciated

thanks

chris :icon_thumright:

ps is a 3" DP worth it if i keep stock exhaust from that??

I had Bluefin on my 2.0T and it was great. If buying again I would go for a 7 day trial with BF and with Revo and see how they both feel.

5 hours? Oh right! BF is a 7 days trial. With the Revo do you have to take it back to them?

Take it back to put the car back to standard. I find it a little strange if they can put a map on that lasts 5 hours and then the ECU goes back to complete standard with no trace of the map.

so....with these bluefin chips, you can take it on and off when you please, no hassle ?

i have a company car you see and would want to be sure i could remove without any trace if it goes in for service etc

appreciate any help

so....with these bluefin chips, you can take it on and off when you please, no hassle ?

i have a company car you see and would want to be sure i could remove without any trace if it goes in for service etc

appreciate any help

yes you can, basically you get a hand held dongle which you plug into the car and it uploads the map into the ECU, when you want to take the map off the ECU you just plug the dongle into the car and it removes it and if you want to reload it after the service just plug it back in again. simple.

I have bluefin on my 170 tdi and i love it , so simply to put on and take off , if yours is a company car would you not need to let the insurance company know ?

Very worst case you have an accident ( i said very worst case ) you insurance could be void unless i am mistaken.

What is the likely effect of using a remap over the longer term? Seems like it would take my 140CR up to approx. 170, but I'm seeing Audi have uprated some engine components specifically for the 170CR engine.
Would that suggest that the engine (or parts thereof) is going to 'die' early using remaps? Oddly enough, this potential side-effect doesn't seem to be mentioned a great deal in the sales blah...

Last edited:
What is the likely effect of using a remap over the longer term? Seems like it would take my 140CR up to approx. 170, but I'm seeing Audi have uprated some engine components specifically for the 170CR engine.
Would that suggest that the engine (or parts thereof) is going to 'die' early using remaps? Oddly enough, this potential side-effect doesn't seem to be mentioned a great deal in the sales blah...

No it will be fine, i have had Bluefin on my TDI 140 for nearly 40k and it does not use any oil, rattle etc, my mate is the master tec at Audi too and he says nothing has warn any diff from a standard one, Bluefin is fantastic, i have just taken mine off due to the car being sold and it feels rubbish now, really poor throttle reponse, let alone the missing power and torque !