Bluefin/ Superchips

RobinA3 said:
Matt have you got any problems with misfire at top end around 5000rpm at full throttle?

Yep,

Not all the time but it is there, I will speak to them this morning.

Spoke to Simon at Superchips this morning, they are going to look at the programming at iron out the small blip which causes the misfire type issue.

It is strange that it does not do it all the time, but the map is really good!!! Well pleased with the overall result as the car still drives very factory like in the way the power/torque is delivered.

Mine is also bluefined. Its 185bhp and i had it done down at the superchips HQ. Definitely recommend them as their service was spot on. Transformed my A3. But i must say i think i get about 1-2mpg less than before, but then i do drive faster now :)

Strange, I have had a good run in mine tonight, the misfire issue did not happen once!!!

MPG is worse, but then you do tend to use the power more, see how the Mrs gets on with it when she goes to work.

NICE - really feels like the car should do now. It feels more natural than before. Only had a quick spin ruined by every other driver on the road, but took it to a few fast roads, and a couple of big fast hills and it storms up them. Not noticed any misfire or any issues. Will feed back more later.

My mis-fire also doesn't happen all the time, only when it feels like it

looks like i aint the only person with the problem

superchips did send me a new mapping file which helped but hasn't stopped it, just made it less regular.

let me know how you get on please.

It is fun with 2wd!!

I was crusing along a dual carriageway in 3rd gear last night at 50mph, then just planted the throttle and the front wheels just lit up!! It was done on purpose but it all adds to it.

Mine is very much like an Astra VXR now, although not as quick.

Had a little fun in mine yesterday. Some poser in a A4 2.4 cab (down of course) tried to leave me at the lights, nothing in front of us but a long dual carrige way. Left him dead :)

Ordered my Bluefin today as it looks like it's going to be very busy over the Friday and Saturday. Couldnt wait really, nice drive down their now if i can get the thing working ok:thumbsup:

curley said:
Ordered my Bluefin today as it looks like it's going to be very busy over the Friday and Saturday. Couldnt wait really, nice drive down their now if i can get the thing working ok:thumbsup:

How is it compared to your last motor then Mr..:aggressive:

Just in case anyone is interested, in this month's Audi Driver (February issue) there is an article/test on a new S3 that has had the Superchips Bluefin applied.

In case there is any confusion, this is the paid for magazine by Autometrix Publications and not the freebie sent out by Audi. £3.75 from all good newsagents.