Bluefin/ Superchips

I will call them later this week and order it. staz1000 more information is required, do you really notice a big differance

I had my 2.0T (GTi) remapped by Superchips definetly worth the money, car feels more 'alert' and eager in every gear, the 2.0T is a superb engine the map just makes it better IMO.

Back to the transferrance of Bluefin, can confirm this is possible as about to swap the A3 for an A4, superchips have quoted £185 to complete the process.

Spin140's description is right for bluefin too. It's essentially the same remap. Just got out of bed so I'll post tonight after a day of driving :superman:

what kinda insurance increase have people faced with having the remap?

Well it's more of a case of what they don't know...!

Had a good day of driving today. Around town and to see a relative down the bypass.

The bluefin seems to have unlocked more lowdown power than anything. You can change gear at only 3000 and still feel like you've accelerated extremely fast. I'm now more inclined to start skipping gears cos you simply don't need each ratio.

I was in the right lane entering a roundabout going across and had to beat the guy next to me. It was only a punto I think. I floored it and took off like a rocket! Far more power than I needed. Which isn't a bad thing of course.

On the bypass I sat at a steady 70 in 6th behind another car and then went to overtake and whoosh I was past. Great surge of power. No need to drop a gear to make strides.

I know with other remaps you can get 246bhp instead of 241, and cheaper, but for the flexibility you get with the bluefin it's hugely worth it.

Trying to convince my dad to get his 1.9tdi chipped now:thumbsup:

Staz, if you mean by 'Well it's more of a case of what they don't know...!' that you have not informed your insurance company you playing a very dangerous game that could ruin not only your life but that of any body you happen to right off when your insurance company check the ECU.

Off course if thats not what you mean, then i'll get off the soap box.

RobinA3 - about £133 for me, with privilege and about 6 months left to run on it

I don't think we'll go any further with that conversation then d3fy

just ordered my bluefin, can't wait to get it now!!!!

If you order by phone/email etc they send you the bluefin handset, you plug it into your car, it copies you cars details, then you register it all online with the usb connector, then up to a week later they send you the remap online that you install on the handset before putting it on your car.

I dunno if it's the same if you buy off the shelf like at Demon Tweeks.

yeah i rang them up and ordered it over the phone

ask for a guy called Constantin, i think you can get him on ext 236 when they ask you for an ext no.

he was a great chap, took my CC details and said it would be sent out today so i am HOPING it comes tomorrow

Did you read what Staz has said thou, it looks you will still have to wait to use it?

I do know that you have to download the data from the car and email to them but he didn't mention how long it would take them to get back to me with a new map, i am assuming it shouldn't take too long because surely every map is the same for all 2TFSI's so i am guessing they just need to put the engine/car identity details on to the new map.

If you send via email it takes 8 working hours.

Or you can do it by post with the address label inside

just emailed my data to superchips so hopefully they get the calibration file back to me tomorrow so i can go for a play!

OK going to order in the next few days. Any problems with it and it will be going back as I don't have the time or inclination to sort them out. Fingers crossed

You'll have no problems or regrets, mine's been bluefinned since June now when the car was just 3 weeks old, no issues and worth every penny.

I actually used the device this morning to swich back to standard due to the snow, so easy and effective.

Go for it, have your car perform how it should of direct from the factory !!

Spin are you still going to the open day??

^^^ hear hear!

The remap transformed my car, i just love the drivability it has now, and it gives me better mpg as well which is a bonus, no regrets whatsoever, even when my VISA bill came this morning!

RobinA3 said:
^^^ hear hear!

The remap transformed my car, i just love the drivability it has now, and it gives me better mpg as well which is a bonus, no regrets whatsoever, even when my VISA bill came this morning!

Did you get the problem fixed?

not got the problem sorted but it has seems to have gone away now but i aint been hammering it much lately, its much better to use the massive low rev torque!

I am having major problems with my bluefin!! Downloaded the map to my bluefin, OK so far so good, then the car won't start!!

So re-connect, go through the procedure and it comes up with Error Code E0581 and the fan comes in at full force with the ignition on, whether the blue fin is connected or not!!

Deeply worried now, I am sure Superchips will sort it. I had a few issues on downloaed which they sorted, but they don;t know about this problem yet as I only got the file back this evening.

I have been over my procedure again and again and I have done everything as per the book. It just won't let me go back and put the standard map back in.

Anyone else help with this as I now have a car that won't start!!

Matt, quite a few members have got the Bluefin fitted on uk-mkivs try asking on the Superchips thread, someone may be able to shed some light on your problem....

Matt sorry to hear about your problem, i haven't heard of this problem before

Ring superchips asap, they will probably ask you to download another calibration file onto your blue fin.

I am sure it's nothing that can't be sorted, Superchips have been superb in getting my download problems sorted.

Unfortunatly I can't ring Superchips until this morning as I only downloaded the map last night.

I have e-mailed them and will speak to them at 9am this morning.

It's just the missus is not happy her can't don't work at the moment!!! Oh well, at least it keeps it out of the ice today!!!

Best of luck with it Matt, i'm sure Jamie and the boys will sort it out.

d3fy said:
oh good. Mine has just arrived and I have read that....

I would not worry, mine happens to be the 1 in a million glitch that you sometimes get.

Downloading a new map as we speak to the bluefin. I am gobsmacked at the helpfullness and speed of what Superchips are doing to resolve the problem.

they stated that if this latest download does not work, they will send an engineer to my house tomorrow morning to sort it.

In my opinion you can't get better service!!!

let us know how you get on!

anyone else notice that when you download the map onto the car that the fuel gauge goes down when you restart the car?

All done!! I got home at about 4pm and called Superchips, they had a new software package e-mailed over and waiting for me. We had to use the remote function on the bluefin software for my application.

Plugged it into the car while on the phone to Simon at Superchips, he needed to talk me through the clearing of the error code that highlighted the problem, it was a very simple software error, sorted this and the new map went in.

20 minutes later, she fired into life and took it for a test drive!! All done, Superchips get a thumbs up from me for their amazing service. I feel that you get a true view about a company when they have a problem to solve, no hassle, they just looked at the issue and sorted it first time!!

My views on the re-map, very pleased with the result, very smooth and brings the car to life. Release's that bit extra to make it more enjoyable, exactly what I wanted.!!!

What engine are you running it on Matt, glad to hear you got it sorted. Mine is just 'communicating with Superchips server' at the moment. I have to go to Wakefield tomorrow for a meeting, hope they have mailed me back in the morning the update as a good run up there and back will be good fun

i emailed mine in the evening and got it back around 9.30am the following morning

Mine is a 2.0 TFSI, you will be pleased with the result I am sure!!!

Matt have you got any problems with misfire at top end around 5000rpm at full throttle?

Glad they sorted the problems Matt, cant wait for mine now..