Bluetooth and MMI

geo_nr1

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused with the wording in the brochure. It states the RS has Bluetooth interface, I've been caught out in the past (other manufacturer) whereby that doesn't necessarily mean you can connect the phone without buying anything extra!

I am adding the technology pack to my order...will I be able to connect my phone, make calls etc and stream music from the day I collect it?

Tech pack or not you can do calls and stream music.
If you add the tech pack you would be foolish not to add the 'with connect' variant which allows you to put a SIM in the dash and get online for many a thing (and not affect your Bluetooth abilities). The tech pack without connect is not worth it over the SD Nav.

Thanks. How would my Bluetooth abilities be affected?

Is the connect really worth it. I had a look at that pack but it all seemed a bit gimmicky to me and I don't think I would use half of the things on the car.... I would probably use my phone itself for thing rather than the car..
It's £300 more but what would the sim cost me a month? Would data usage not be high?

I pay £6 a month for a EE sharer sim that leaches of my iPhone's 10GB data allowance - the car uses less than 1GB a month.

I use all of the features on at least a weekly basis.
The Google Maps integration looks great and is very handy for the final destination command as it gives street view pic of the house you are aiming for (no more crawling up the road looking at house numbers!).
I can plan my whole journey ahead on my PC or my mobile and send it to the car before I leave (no more faffing with entering post codes in the MMI).
The online traffic is 10 times more accurate than the standard TMC tragic data - and highlights roads red-amber-green like google maps does.
If I'm out n about I can search for any type of restaurant or hotel or attraction etc nearby and it gives me the Google reviews and other useful info (phone/email etc).
The wifi hotspot is very handy if you have colleagues/friends/kids that want to go online on a long journey - it's much better than their own 3G/4G connection as it makes use of the cars external antenna.
I don't use the weather/Facebook/petrol prices/news bits - but they are there if you want them!

Reactions: geo_nr1
To answer your first line. Regardless of any option you tick, the Bluetooth abilities are unaffected.
Audi Phone box is pretty good to boost phone reception if you make a lot of calls in the car.