Bluetooth audio via spotify - brief cut outs

Simonwhite2000

840i GC
Reaction score
Whilst listening to Spotify via bluetooth there are irregular split second gaps in the music that occur. At first I thought it was when a notification comes through to my phone but it isnt.
Anyone else had experience of this? I am going to connect via USB cable to see if its only via bluetooth it happens but curious to see if anyone else had this issue.

Not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have this issue with streaming audio on mobile devices each time the mobile network changes from 4G to 3G and vice versa, could it be related to that perhaps?

I have this issue with streaming audio on mobile devices each time the mobile network changes from 4G to 3G and vice versa, could it be related to that perhaps?
I sometimes get a little bit of buffering using Amazon music, via the MMI. I think it is network/signal related.

I get the same. Using a Samsung s9 with latest android os on it (beta). Its quite common apparently (and not just to cars) .
I have found that when the stuttering is happening if I just open Spotify it goes away and doesn't come back...

I get the same. Using a Samsung s9 with latest android os on it (beta). Its quite common apparently (and not just to cars) .
I have found that when the stuttering is happening if I just open Spotify it goes away and doesn't come back...
Interesting as I'm on a S9+

The word 'beta' could suggest something....

The word 'beta' could suggest something....
Indeed.... (not the only issues in the beta believe me )

However, I don't believe that this particular issue has been resolved in the full version that is currently being deployed to Samsung phones. When mine updates from beta to fully supported version I'll let everyone know if it is fixed...

Reactions: cuke2u
I'm using an S8 stock OS 8.0.0/Kernel 4.4.111-14902807, connecting using a cable and AndroidAuto - zero issues. Occasionally I'll get a 'no internet connection' and it looks like Spotify/AndroidAuto must have a data cache because it continues to work whilst the connection is re-established.

On the topic of the AndroidAuto and Spotify - I've persevered with it, the UI is idiosyncratic/counter intuitive but once mastered is usable.

I'm pretty unimpressed with Spotify via Android Auto, I think the UI is poor and the range of AA applications is limited. In the end I got rid of Spotify and switched to Amazon Music (0.99 per month for the first 3 months) and use it directly from the MMI. So much better to use IMHO.

Indeed.... (not the only issues in the beta believe me )

However, I don't believe that this particular issue has been resolved in the full version that is currently being deployed to Samsung phones. When mine updates from beta to fully supported version I'll let everyone know if it is fixed...
Still waiting for the update to my S8, as far as I understand it will be getting version 9.0 Pie in march.

https://www.androidcentral.com/will-my-phone-get-android-p