Bluetooth bong/connect noise

Not sure - your knowledge of wiring and electrics is much better than mine. Mine was a factory fit option rather than a retrofit so I can only assume this is standard. The man to ask is S8Craig - he will know for sure.

I doubt it's a wiring thing, just a setting somehwere maybe. My RNS-e was a retrofit but the bluetooth was factory.

Do you have the SDS hack?

Its not a wiring issue for sure, could be down to version of module or the different handset bluetooth protocols whats allowed & whats not between the module & the cellphone

Its not a wiring issue for sure, could be down to version of module or the different handset bluetooth protocols whats allowed & whats not between the module & the cellphone

Yeah could well be.

What age is your S3 Iggu?

I have posted on audiforum so maybe I'll get an answer there.

Yeah could well be.

What age is your S3 Iggu?

I have posted on audiforum so maybe I'll get an answer there.

Mine's a 57 plate - built in May/June 2007. It is a "new" version though because there are other bits on my car which are not on slightly older 57 or 07 plates (eg. the air duct which connects the passenger fog grill to the gearbox) so it could be a settings change. I do have the SDS Hack but this was done afterwards and the bluetooth has always come through the speakers (I think).

Mine's a 57 plate - built in May/June 2007. It is a "new" version though because there are other bits on my car which are not on slightly older 57 or 07 plates (eg. the air duct which connects the passenger fog grill to the gearbox) so it could be a settings change. I do have the SDS Hack but this was done afterwards and the bluetooth has always come through the speakers (I think).

Hmm strange! PetrolDave reckons it's a BT module thing too and says to check when version we both have, and also check out phone firmware versions.

Mine is a MY08 08 plate so I would have thought my BT module would be newer if not the same!

have you tried lowering the volume using the steering wheel dial at the moment the beep kicks in? that's how you lower the nav lady - turn the dial while she is speaking.

was going to say the same; if you press the voice dial button on the wheel and say 'help' then lower the vol with the wheel when she talks that works (or did for me) and it saves it too...

Today on the way back home I took a call in the car, and for the first time ever the Audi factory installed bluetooth didn't ring.

Initially I thought it may be due to the fact my iPhone 3G was in silent mode, so got the wife to call me back when I had re-enabled sound and it was no different.

Call display details coming up in DIS, phone book still works from the MFSW. If I CALL OUT, it rings through the car. If people call in it only rings on the phone, not on the car.

Does the bluetooth unit sound like it's fecked?

Typical as my RNS-E is due for delivery tomorrow so I now can't fit it as the dealer will have to look at the bluetooth module otherwise they will blame me for retrofitting RNS-E and accuse me of breaking it! I'm rebooting the iPhone to factory and backing it up to see if it cures it first.

Also I am getting a huge buzzing noise just as a call connects (intermittently) when I CALL OUT.

Just one more issue to add to the list - the car is 2007 registered, but most of it is 2008/9!!!!

Any thoughts appreciated.

I get an occasional buzz when I call out with the iphone. When I recieve calls the phone rings through the speakers, but only after I updated to 2.2 firmware.

Today on the way back home I took a call in the car, and for the first time ever the Audi factory installed bluetooth didn't ring.

Initially I thought it may be due to the fact my iPhone 3G was in silent mode, so got the wife to call me back when I had re-enabled sound and it was no different.

Call display details coming up in DIS, phone book still works from the MFSW. If I CALL OUT, it rings through the car. If people call in it only rings on the phone, not on the car.

Does the bluetooth unit sound like it's fecked?

Typical as my RNS-E is due for delivery tomorrow so I now can't fit it as the dealer will have to look at the bluetooth module otherwise they will blame me for retrofitting RNS-E and accuse me of breaking it! I'm rebooting the iPhone to factory and backing it up to see if it cures it first.

Also I am getting a huge buzzing noise just as a call connects (intermittently) when I CALL OUT.

Just one more issue to add to the list - the car is 2007 registered, but most of it is 2008/9!!!!

Any thoughts appreciated.

By any chance have you recently updated the iphone firmware?

I get the connecting buzz noise almost on every call with my Tocco & only had the issues with making call & nothing on car speakers since I updated the firmware on Tocco, I am almost positive Tocco & Iphone share the same chipsets cause coincidentally they shared the same call cut of issues & 3g signal issues, sounding familiar now guys, I recently updated tocco firmware & got the poxy making calls but nothing on car speakers but showed on rns issue.

I have indeed conducted a recent update. My previous phone was a Samsung Tocco and this made a horrible buzzing noise but always rang through the car system not the handset (but then I never conducted any software updates on it).

Tried the wifes Blackberry Storm last night and as if by magic the in car unit 'rings' through the speakers for an incoming call (although for the first time ever the phone AND the car stereo both rang in parallel :confused:).

Put the iPhone back on and nothing.

Conducted a hard reset on the iPhone last night so will be interested to see what difference (if any it has made). I'm sure the load previous profile option I had to conduct to get all me mail systems back will have reinstated the Bluetooth updates though.

Bluetooth technology has been patchy for too long. If Audi could give me an iPhone dock to put in the armrest I'd be happy, but I don't suppose the development of new phone moulds will allow me to bypass the bluetooth at all.

As in these cases it does not come down to an issue of how much you are prepared to pay, but instead who feels they own responsibility for what. Both Audi and Apple tech support will say their product is working, so all I can hope is if I put something on Apples support sight they 'may' look at it.

yeah like holding a old style nokia next to a speaker haha you get that buzzing my tocco does nhn but my volume has gone lower when it connects the bong noise is quite il have a look i must of done something

no mate, tried various things & no difference, I hate it but also the Samsung Tocco has a horrible loud noise when making a call through car, confirmed on number of Tocco's now so its a handset issue, pain in asssssssseee for sure

I have a HTC touch HD and it works fine, it rings on the phone and through the speakers. Quality is excellent too.
I do have an 08 S3 so suspect the phone module is quite new; havent checked it...

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but my car went in for service the other week and my bluetooth experience is getting worse.

I'd got used to the phone not ringing through the car, and having to watch the DIS for incoming calls. However, I'd never suffered the blow your ear out bongs that some had experienced.

However, comes back out from service and 'BONG' . Nearly takes my frikkin' ear drums out. Been doing it ever since. Tried turning the steering wheel volume down, and the head unit and no change. Every time it just goes back to where it was.

John(S3), when you say Version 2.2, are you referring to iPhone software, and if so how do I load this onto my phone retrospectively?

Many thanks

Warren

Idid try & search for it but couldn't find it either. Tried regressing iPhone to 2.2 from 2.2.1, but even a hard reset hasn't given me any progress.

Would be very greatful if you do come across your post Stu as its doing our heads in!

SDS hack is not installed.

Retrofitted RNSE Nav with factory fit Bluetooth module, Bose upgrade and iPod dock. No other changes.

genius, I will go and try it now!

Such a simple answer?! lol

I have to say mine has been at a decent level for a long time. In fact I don't even notice it anymore. I must have lowered that volume without realising it.

EDIT: Stu do you mind if I copy that and put it into NHN's original post (with quotes from you)? Then a link to it can be placed in the FAQs.

:salute::o.k::thumbsup:

Worked a treat. Top man!

Wife and I are still in the habit of bracing ourselves every time we turn the car on and off waiting to have our ears blown out, but each time it just gently caresses our ears!

John(S3), when you say Version 2.2, are you referring to iPhone software, and if so how do I load this onto my phone retrospectively?

Many thanks

Warren

Yes I was talking about the phone software. If you plug the phone into your mac iTunes should tell you there is an update available and it will guide you through the process. 2.2.1 is out now with version 3 looming on the horizon.

Does anyone know if people with bluetooth but without MFSW and without RNS-e can lower the BONG volume?
Can PTT be initiated just with VCDS?

Everytime i get in the car and don't close the door very quickly, the whole street knows i've paired my phone.
It's the most annoying thing, for a time i even disabled my phone's bluetooth so i don't have to hear it.
Thanks.