Bluetooth connection time on start up?

madrussa

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me roughly how long before your phone connects via bluetooth? I've got an early A1 with ***, soon to be replaced and it can take anywhere from 30seconds to 2mins to connect. Whereas on a friends Fiesta it takes about 5-15 seconds! I'm currently connecting with an iPhone5. Just wondering if they've sped it up on the A3?

Mine only takes about 10 seconds to connect.

About 10-20 secs on my iPhone 5S

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but was wondering if you can use the Bluetooth interface to connect an ipad to the AMI and, if so, is the sound quality OK?

I think it wouldn't make it a differance, same sound quality as from an iphone. I haven't tried it personally but I think it work in the same way the iphone does

I don't think its going to make any difference with what phone, the AMI needs to boot up, loads the sat nav and then connects to what even sources or devices.

Mine takes about 10 secs or so.

I've got Spotify with loads of offline music synced. When I jump into the car in the morning the bluetooth only connects after I'm half way down the road. Would be nice if it started playing the music from the phone a bit before... I know I'm being impatient and picky but it's not too much to expect is it?

To a point yeah.

Its not instant cause bluetooth scans and looks for its paired devices.
So it won't be instant like a cable or SD.

You must be like Flash getting in your car then.
Door shut, seat belt on, engine started, mirrors checked, signaled, in gear, radio on and halfway down the street in 30 seconds.
Not necessarily in that order I guess and not counting the removing of any phone or sharp objects from your pockets.

Haha you all moaning wanting something thats not going to happen. I'm sure its not a car changing decisions but the MMI has to load up other scripts / modules before getting to the bluetooth module. Think what happens when you need to make a phone call?

If I know I need to make a call when I get in my car I never switch the ignition on.

Like many of you my BT is always on, when I get in the car and switch it on, and I try to make a call immediately then nothing happens for a couple of seconds, no dial tone or anything. I have to wait 15-20 secs and when I know the MMI has paired up with the device I can make calls.

Likewise when I'm on a call, and get into my car and switch on the ignition, my phone call can will cut out.

Reactions: ScottD3