Bluetooth Delay

Burt25

Reaction score
I have a 06 Sportback with the factory fitted bluetooth kit installed. Problem is when I receive a call and I answer it, it takes about 3-4 seconds for the phone to connect with the car's bluetooth (meanwhile the caller is wondering what's going on) I have tried different phones, but same problem. Is there any way to fix this or is this delay normal?

Yes me too, I know many will disagree but I think the kit is pants especially for close to £400.

I have a Parrott 3200 on the wifes car with no issues at all - cost £140 fitted.

Burt25 said:
I have a 06 Sportback with the factory fitted bluetooth kit installed. Problem is when I receive a call and I answer it, it takes about 3-4 seconds for the phone to connect with the car's bluetooth (meanwhile the caller is wondering what's going on) I have tried different phones, but same problem. Is there any way to fix this or is this delay normal?

Cant say I suffer from this. I'm using a Nokia 6021 if that helps.

I don't have this delay.

Thats with RNS-e and an Apple iPhone (previously various Nokias which also did not show this delay)

I never had any problems like that with my Sony Ericsson phones and factory bluetooth kit. Have you set the bluetooth setting in the phone to always allow for the Audi kit?

I suspect this is probably as a result of the phone you are using, rather than anything wrong with the audi Bluetooth

consilio said:
I suspect this is probably as a result of the phone you are using, rather than anything wrong with the audi Bluetooth
Second that. I've never had this delay and I've used the factory Bluetooth with a Nokia 6310i, a Nokia N70, an SonyEricsson K610i and an HTC TyTN II.

Mine also does this with Sony Ericsson W810, K800 and K850.

I press the RNS-E to answer the call and have to wait about 2 seconds before I say hello otherwise the caller would not hear me, plus my phone always seems to ring first then the RNS-E about a second later.

JamS3 said:
Mine also does this with Sony Ericsson W810, K800 and K850.

I press the RNS-E to answer the call and have to wait about 2 seconds before I say hello otherwise the caller would not hear me, plus my phone always seems to ring first then the RNS-E about a second later.

That is normal.