Bluetooth iOS12

AndyT306

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone else had issues with bluetooth on Apple after upgrading to iOS12?

My call quality has been unusable since, car has been into Audi and they replaced the microphone and bluetooth module, but it's made no difference

Apple have also replaced my phone!

Nope no issue's, my company phone is an idog and it works fine. Do you have tech pack on your A6?

The the BT module is part of the main 5F module, and I would have expected a replacement module would not change that much. My guess would be an IOS/MMI software issue.

no it's stock

same issue with iphone SE and 2 x iphone X - fine for 2 years before the new iOS

Must be an IOS/MMI software issue, did Audi say if there were any MMI updates available? I guess not as Audi hate updating the software on the MMI system.

Apple came to the same conclusion, I'm calling Audi complaints tomorrow so will mention that thanks

Thing is it's not 100% Audi's fault. Apple update the software and then the phone stops work correctly with the MMI system. You could argue the fact that apple needs to fix the BT update that cases the issue, and from a quick search it's not just the MMI BT that IOS 12 has had problems with. Have you tried any tips in this link https://appletoolbox.com/2018/09/bluetooth-problems-with-ios-12-how-to-fix/

Yeah I’ve spent hours trying to fix with Apple and tried everything suggested on there, they reluctantly replaced my handset which made no difference which isolates the car hardware or the software

Thing is Audi have replaced your MMI system, as the BT module is in built into the main MMI module, and they changed the microphone, so would be very surprised if they can help any further. Your best option would be to try and downgrade back to IOS 11, after all it was all working fine until Apple release IOS 12, so it was apples software update that stopped things works.

This is a mini rant but I really do hate apple products these days, they are far to expensive, no where near as easy to use as the first few generations and they are buggy as hell, Apples quality control has gone right down the toilet and it's showing in the latest sales figures.

i don't think they've actually replaced it, otherwise i would have lost settings/preferences?

i'm just going to look at changing the car as i cannot be without phone calling for work while travelling

That is going to get expensive, everytime apple breaks the BT in a software update you have to buy a new car.

it is kinda... annoying that a 2 year old vehicle has this kind of issue, but I was considering getting rid anyway

Thing is it's not the car it's the phone (Operating system), so I would either go back to IOS 11 and wait for a fix in IOS 13 or move to android.

Works fine on the new a3, problem is audi not checking compatibility and not issuing updates for older cars

It's really for apple to test their software correctly (there have been many BT issues with IOS 12). There are hundreds if not thousands of different handsets on the market from current to obsolete and even more so with different software versions and apple's market share is approx 24%, so Audi would need to test a hundreds of handsets & software versions every month and it's just impossible task.

Last edited: