Bluetooth music streaming

big eck

Reaction score
Ok this is driving me nuts. My 2010 Cupra was able to stream music through the cars sound system using the phones Bluetooth and it's rubbish that my Audi S4 can't altho it works ok on calls.

Is there any viable upgrades to change this?? I would like to keep the car oem on the inside if possible but would change if I had to.

I'm sure a lot of you have done this and wouldn't mind telling me how.

Cheers Alex

We can upgrade the system for oem BT streaming more than likely, ping me a pm & we can discuss it further if you wish :)

I know it can be upgraded mate but ultimately it's all down to £££. I was gonna try and buy a facelift one as I think the b8.5 has it fitted as standard. It's finding one for sale.

Yup on the facelift 3g+ satnav units streaming audio via bluetooth (or in other terms known as A2DP) comes in as standard, not sure about the Symphony/Concert facelift.

However if you are just looking for streaming and you have AMI in your glove box, might be easier and much cheaper to get the Tune2Air module that plugs into the AMI unit and i think gives the same/similar level of controls.

Reactions: gray99y
I do have the lead mate and the adapter for my iPhone 6 but I keep getting this message

This is the lead and adapter. The lead is a genuine Audi item

Does the ipod functionality work once you dismiss the message?

The Tune2Air is a bluetooth adapter that replace this ipod lead and gives you bluetooth A2DP

Get one of the genuine Audi cables mentioned above, then a Tune2Air Bluetooth device. It plugs into the cable and then you can Bluetooth music from your phone to the AMI. Works brilliantly!

Does the ipod functionality work once you dismiss the message?

The Tune2Air is a bluetooth adapter that replace this ipod lead and gives you bluetooth A2DP

It doesn't mate.
Get one of the genuine Audi cables mentioned above, then a Tune2Air Bluetooth device. It plugs into the cable and then you can Bluetooth music from your phone to the AMI. Works brilliantly!

The cable that's there now is a genuine item.

@big eck This is what you need:

ViseeO Tune2Air WMA3000A Bluetooth Adapter for Streaming iPod/iPhone/iPad to Audi/Mercedes/VW with Factory iPod/Media Input Amazon product

Well thats the one that I was suggesting in my initial post, however @big eck might even have a different problem as the iphone is not being recognised via the AMI connection so I would suggest figuring out the problem first.

Might be wrong but the cable in the pic is a 30 pin lead with a lightning adaptor on...will a proper Audi lightning lead be required - I know they have the different collar colours for different phones and cars.

When using a tune 2 air through AMI how what sort of info do you get on the display. Assume navigation of the music menu had to be through the handset?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi guys,
Anyone know if it works with android phones too?
Cheers Sean

When using a tune 2 air through AMI how what sort of info do you get on the display. Assume navigation of the music menu had to be through the handset?

You should get the current playing track info on the screen and on your dis, and you should be able to control tracks and volume as usual via your MMI controls/steering wheel controls.

Hi guys,
Anyone know if it works with android phones too?
Cheers Sean
Yup should work

Reactions: seanick and AU11 ALS
Does normal Bluetooth still work for standard calls when connecting to the tune 2 air? Sorry for all the questions

Lol....I've just had exactly the same thought!!!!!

Reactions: AU11 ALS
Does normal Bluetooth still work for standard calls when connecting to the tune 2 air? Sorry for all the questions

Not sure about that but that's down to your phone being able to handle 2 different Bluetooth connection and I know from past experience my android was able to do that allowing me to use a 3rd party Bluetooth device to stream and the OEM Bluetooth to make/receive calls (this was on my previous civic) but my iPhone wasn't able to connect to the 2 devices at the same time.

Now I don't know how the tune2air handles phone calls as that maybe able to do it on its own but I haven't got a clue.

Normal BT works fine as you advise the device paired which profiles to use, unless it selects auto & I now see you already have ami, so its a question of the cables used & adapters being suitable.

I have the tune2air, and it works absolutely brilliantly. If you get a call it goes through the original bluetooth, and works no bother. Very happy with it.