Bluetooth stream or use AMI?

gr4z

Reaction score
Hi

After some more advice...I have a iphone5 and use Napster a lot. About to purchase a Brodit mount and wondered if I should be using the AMI connection (via 30pin to lightning cable) or simply use BT streaming.

Can anyone recommend one over the other? I know using BT I won't get album art but I don't think I will get that via AMI as I use Napster only - I don't have any music actually stored in the music app on the phone.

Thanks

If it's about sound quality then Bluetooth audio quality is generally considered inferior than to using your device linked via a cable. In fact I have tried flash-drive, SD card, ipod, bluetooth, and in my opinion bluetooth was the worst for sound quality. The best sound was produced from a flash drive and I can only assume this was because the DAC conversion was being carried out by the car's audio system, again the results were similar with an SD card. As regards to streaming from Napster it really depends on the bitrate they use and the quality of the DAC in your iphone. I would try both ways and see which sounds best

HTH. :sm4:

Reactions: gr4z
Thanks for your advice.
Napster plays at 192Kbps and I use a iPhone5 but don't know what the DAC is like.

192Kbps should sound pretty good. I think it's safe to say that this will sound better than bluetooth. When I tried music from an ipod linked by cable to the AMI there really wasn't that much of a drop in sound quality than using a flash-drive/SD card, although I could still hear the difference.

OK great. The only other thing I am not sure with is whether Napster will work over BT and/or AMI - sure it will. I guess I should use AMI as a preference and only use BT for phone calls.

I'm not sure either, but I'm guessing it will. I think you have the right idea using bluetooth for phone calls - that's what I do, and I also use another sim card in the car's sim slot for data/google etc. :sm4:

Yeah It comes with the 'Phone Pack - 'High' option, well my one did, it may also come with other variations as well, Im sure someone on here will know.

I use ViseeO Tune2air in streaming bluetooth audio from Iphone to my Audi, and it works great! Glad that I bought one! Here the link of the video that I made about this:

Streaming Bluetooth Audio from iPhone to Audi

+1 for the Tune2air. I've got mine and it's great! I haven't noticed any degradation of the sound as opposed to using the AMI.

Hi guys,

i have the AMI amd cable but when i plugged my Iphone 4 in to play music it didnt recognise it, any idea what i have to do to resolve this minor irritation?
Thanks in advance Drew