BLUEY is available - a HARD decision made...

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Let's just say I am opening the book to enquiry, offers, discussion, etc.

No rush to sell. No need to sell, other than BLUEY isn't being used.

Less than 15K from new and FULL documented and comprehensive history available.

Decision arrived at yesterday so still a tad sore but hey, time to move on...

One of the first 250 cars and in "special order" Cornflower blue, this Audi RS3 is in superb condition.

And it MUST and will ONLY go to a GOOD home...:racer:

Bluey engine

Last edited:
Reactions: Vito, THQuattro, Bryant1998 and 5 others
Sorry to hear this John. The car is a credit to yourself and I hope who ever buys it looks after it as well as you have. An Ideal Sunday driver car, keep the miles low and look after it this will be an appreciating classic.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Sorry to hear this John. The car is a credit to yourself and I hope who ever buys it looks after it as well as you have. An Ideal Sunday driver car, keep the miles low and look after it this will be an appreciating classic.

Thanks Karl, truth is our RS3 and TT are just not being used. I've been fielding away purchase enquiries for BLUEY for a couple of years now so have decided to announce its availability if only to see what interest there truly is? Or not, lol... But no rush to sell, I always said I'd have BLUEY for 10-years and there's still 18-months to go.

What a car although a shame she needs to go. Hopefully to another enthusiast.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

What a car although a shame she needs to go. Hopefully to another enthusiast.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
:hi: thanks John but it doesn't 'need' to go - very few opportunities for us to use the car so just putting it out there...

She's a beauty John, it's a shame it's too early for me.
They are getting hard to find in such pristine condition and in a rare colour too!

Who ever gets to buy this is getting one outstanding vehicle .
That is stunning .

Reactions: 45bvtc and Gazwould
She's a beauty John, it's a shame it's too early for me.
They are getting hard to find in such pristine condition and in a rare colour too!

You stay with that stunning SQ5, Ju, we both know 'em to be amazing machines

We'll be hanging on to BLUEY until we find a suitable buyer, Ju, RS3copilot says so
:friends:

CT scan results for RS3copilot tomorrow, our outlook could yet again change, who knows....

Reactions: grainqey

We'll be hanging on to BLUEY until we find a suitable buyer, Ju, RS3copilot says so

CT scan results for RS3copilot tomorrow, our outlook could yet again change, who knows....
We'll see. I love my SQ5 but at some point I NEED an RS......whether it be an RSQ3 or my personal favourite the 8P RS3....still need an SUV though for the wife.
As for your better half, all the best for tomorrow

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Fingers crossed with the scan for RS3copliot John

Reactions: Pinky1959
Sad times to see BLUEY possibly moving on John, one thing is for sure there isn’t a better example out there and somebody is going to be very happy.

It’s got to be one of the best examples of any car that’s seen the road. I was shocked when you told me last year it was your “bad weather car”, it’s a true minter.

Still hoping you change your mind ;)

f83c6026ec207dc2dd37c482860d4a34.file

Reactions: NevMan and THQuattro
Just put it out there Matthew, waiting to be teased... :shrug:

We'll see. I love my SQ5 but at some point I NEED an RS......whether it be an RSQ3 or my personal favourite the 8P RS3....still need an SUV though for the wife.
As for your better half, all the best for tomorrow

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Fingers crossed with the scan for RS3copliot John

Thanks guys :hi: and it was a GOOD news day yesterday. The recent CT scan shows the radiotherapy 'copilot' had in December has shrunk the one tumour - this being the awkward one that's ignoring the bi-weekly chemotherapy, tsk! - down from 25mm across to 18mm, and hopefully that will continue to shrink as the radiotherapy continues to work for a couple of months - we didn't know that! :yahoo:

Even so, if we can get this blighter under control it may join the rest of the cancer elements and stabilise with the ongoing and relentless chemotherapy.

Getting old wasn't supposed to be like this, lol, but onward... :superman:

Last edited:
Reactions: S3 Rav, NevMan, Vito and 6 others
Thanks guys :hi: and it was a GOOD news day yesterday. The recent CT scan shows the radiotherapy 'copilot' had in December has shrunk the one tumour - this being the awkward one that's ignoring the bi-weekly chemotherapy, tsk! - down from 25mm across to 18mm, and hopefully that will continue to shrink as the radiotherapy continues to work for a couple of months - we didn't know that! :yahoo:

Even so, if we can get this blighter under control it may join the rest of the cancer elements and stabilise with the ongoing and relentless chemotherapy.

Fingers crossed for you both, it's at times like this when you realise our love for cars is insignificant when it comes to your loved ones.

Fingers crossed for you both, it's at times like this when you realise our love for cars is insignificant when it comes to your loved ones.

So ****** true; wishing you the best for you and yours :hi:

So, been watching ALL of the re-runs of "Bangers and Cash" and the 'emotion' of guys (and gals) selling cars they've had for years is overwhelming!

And oh so understandable having experienced!

I do know/remember such emotion having sold our Lotus Elan Sprint after 37-years ownership:

3380 H sprint5 P1010970MA29954344 0010 Sprint and Judy   Barmouth 2
Sad, I know, I know, but the Elan does still come back 'home'...

Our local Karl, Desertstorm, ******** it saying "An Ideal Sunday driver car, keep the miles low and look after it this will be an appreciating classic."

So BLUEY is staying, period - if only as "an ideal Sunday driver car," thanks Karl... :racer:

Reactions: THQuattro, grainqey, -Ju- and 2 others
Nice to have a Sunday drivers car but in reality John I think you'll hardly use it given the choice and it'll be a while before it becomes an "appreciating asset"
Not that I think your wrong to keep it mind. I wish I had one to polish lol

Three cheers for John keeping bluey haha! I'm glad you're keeping it even if it ends up being a "for the time being" it'd be a shame to see such a nice example end up with loads of miles on

Three cheers for John keeping bluey haha! I'm glad you're keeping it even if it ends up being a "for the time being" it'd be a shame to see such a nice example end up with loads of miles on

Brilliant! :hi:Thanks Alex...

Reactions: grainqey

Awesome, awesome new John and rs3copilot :rockwoot:

It is Criminal that a 39K base audi didnt have Windbacks as standard but thats ze Germans for you... Interestingly only a £650 upgrade for SS seats on the 8V and & 1650 on the 8P, Although thinking about it tbe 8p is a conpletely different seat where the 8V is just different from the Lumbar area upwards (plus the quilting of course)

Reactions: Bryant1998
It is Criminal that a 39K base audi didnt have Windbacks as standard but thats ze Germans for you... Interestingly only a £650 upgrade for SS seats on the 8V and & 1650 on the 8P, Although thinking about it tbe 8p is a conpletely different seat where the 8V is just different from the Lumbar area upwards (plus the quilting of course)

Don't like the 'quilting' either; had our SQ5 'quilting' for sure it would not be our SQ5

Pays yer money, takes yer choice, and great we're not all the same :yahoo:

PS: my colour choice in 2011 would have been Daytona grey but as ALL 250-cars had been sold the only option we had was to "find one as close to our specification as we could" and we did and paid down the £s without even sitting in the darn thing, lol, happy days:

RS3 Sales Capture

Last edited:
Don't like the 'quilting' either; had our SQ5 'quilting' for sure it would not be our SQ5

How dare you lol......the quilted seats I find absolutely beautiful in my SQ5.
I'm also sure you have the privacy glass in your SQ5 John?
As for the bucket seats, I love the look of them but wouldnt fit my frame unfortunately so wouldnt be a must for me....privacy glass though yeah definitely

Reactions: Bryant1998 and 45bvtc
How dare you lol......the quilted seats I find absolutely beautiful in my SQ5.
I'm also sure you have the privacy glass in your SQ5 John?
As for the bucket seats, I love the look of them but wouldnt fit my frame unfortunately so wouldnt be a must for me....privacy glass though yeah definitely

Brilliant!!! And I knew it was coming, lol....

BUT, gotta remember, these original 250 UK 8PRS3 cars were sold before the likes of us got wind of 'em hence the specs. The second batch of 8PRS3 cars had even less. The originals were used to 'experience' the 5-pot motor on the public; very, very LOTUS. I don't think Audi believed they'd sell as they did and then made some more but by then the 8P parts bins were empty. So, carbon fibre front wings to suit the 8/8.5J front rims and a 225 tyre on the back as the build quality was not sufficient to enable a 235 front and rear, and Brembo 4-pots at the front with bespoke brake discs. And then the Audi press guys arrived and told everyone that was OK, yeah!! right!!

I still blame Mouton, I've watched her in the forests, a very bad girl behind the wheel of a rally car :racer:

A great car for me, however. But I'd been "in the trade" - and with 4--years of Lotus sheanigans recognised the game. That said, Ju, the 8P RS3 'electrified me on day #1, still does. The 8V doesn't - or I'd have one already. The 8P is very Lotus Elan like, love it, feel it, etc; the 8V just doesn't do that for me, period.

Anyway, get this Coronavirus sh1t out of the way and you'd best come down and experience 8PRS3/2016 SQ5 (non-quilted leather seats) back-to-back.

PS: might be some good news for you later, hopefully Boris will 'recognise' your SE situation, hope so.

Reactions: -Ju-

ON it, Alan! To All, Allan has asked for another copy of the 8PRS3 Specification and Price Guide, just so all here know, lol...

Wingbacks here we come....

GREAT banter guys, and great car/cars

PS: might be some good news for you later, hopefully Boris will 'recognise' your SE situation, hope so.
I hope so too John, us self employed work just as hard as employed people without many of the benefits.
I know I pay my fair share into the system every year as I have for the last 30 odd years so it feels like a kick in the nuts tbh at the moment.
I agree on the RS3 8P vs 8V. The 8V might have the tech but the 8P has the soul imo

Reactions: Bryant1998 and 45bvtc
I hope so too John, us self employed work just as hard as employed people without many of the benefits.
I know I pay my fair share into the system every year as I have for the last 30 odd years so it feels like a kick in the nuts tbh at the moment.
I agree on the RS3 8P vs 8V.

Wish I'd have said that, Ju, wish I'd have said that "The 8V might have the tech but the 8P has the soul imo." Yep! :thumbs up: