BMN 170 TDI 2K Revs Juddering + Black Smoke

johal87

Reaction score
Not an Audi, but my golf is having this issue at the moment, could anyone bring ideas?

Drives fine if you drive slow and gradual, but any normal driving it Judders at 2k to about 2.6k it say jumps, and it's not a smooth motion, revs go from 2000 - 2200 - 2400 - 2600 no faults to report on VCDS

Also gives out a lot of black smoke within that rev range, car has had a dpf delete, egr removal and a map, this is what the previous owner told me.

Measuring blocks on vcds 013 shows the injectors are slightly out of the rang - 1.90 - 1.90 they go up to about 2.70 and settle again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the problem occurred now then:

Check through all of the temp sensors in the measuring blocks and see if the values are realistic.

I had my BMN remapped and no errors came up for the EGT sensor even though it was reading 300 degrees lower.

Reactions: johal87
If the problem occurred now then:

Check through all of the temp sensors in the measuring blocks and see if the values are realistic.

I had my BMN remapped and no errors came up for the EGT sensor even though it was reading 300 degrees lower.

I'll check them later on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has it always been that way since you have had it ? . Some maps aren't the best especially when spooling will throw out smoke. If it used to be OK and now is smoking I would look for a boost leak. Check all the boost pipes for a split or leaks at joints. Usually you can see leaks as there are wet oily patches by them where the crankcase fumes that are recycled through the intake weep out.
If that's all OK check the MAF looks good. Should read around 450-500 at idle if the EGR is deleted.