BMW M5 (original E34)

Cool:)

I'd still love to drive one.

Ahh, the Evo article ;)

Have had to vote cool, despite the fact it's a BMW.

About to get overhauled by that Avant in the last piccie tho' :)

Cool, but i prefer the E28.

bmw-m5-e28-front.jpg

Me too, but I think the E34 is cooler because it's more subtle.

smitch said:
Cool, but i prefer the E28.

bmw-m5-e28-front.jpg

:hubbahubba: The fastest production saloon car in its time

I love these, classic power..

E34 M5 Evo
What a great great car
I used to PDi these when I worked at BMW and they were great
So much power, great looks
These are still the daddy!!

Sub for me boys!

all the original m cars are jus crazy, m3 is a fav but the m5 is jus mad! the new one has a little too much electronics for my liking, too much to fiddle with but then again, its a v10............with 507bhp!:meeting:

I remember driving my Dad's 'Nurburgring' suspension M5 and thinking I'd discovered something to rival sex as a passtime.

I still think the old square rigger E28 is cooler as is the cheaper M535i.

Cool car, I was fortunate enough to drive one years ago and it blew me away.... nearly killed me aswell on a 3rd gear corner but it sorted it self out just as it was about to go off the road and into a ditch, I'd love another go though!

Sub zero, but I would say that

The E28 is a much nimble propositon with a higher power/ weight ratio than even the 340bhp 3.8 E34 (like mine)

But with only 187 coming to the UK they're rarer than hens teeth and values reflect this.

Sadly they are prone to rust too.

The 3.8 S38 motor is, however, epic with huge low rev stomp thanks to it's resonance flap system and a howling top end (with a superb engine note) couple that to a chassis developed on the nordschliefe by the M divisions' test drivers which included jonny cecotto, joachim winklehock and derek bell, superb brakes, rwd with a LSD and you have a very quick car despite it weighing nearly two tonnes wet.

Great car, would love to have one. I personally like the older body styles than the newer ones.

uncool - well engineered but its a BMW... would have an S6/RS6 over this...