BMW Welt, Munich

Ian_C

Dorsprung Turch Vechnique
Reaction score
OK i know this is an Audi forum, but on a football trip i recently visited this place - very impressive. Basically a large fancy showroom, with a delivery area - quite a lot of people from all over Europe had come to personally collect their new cars..........

Some place - do Audi have an equivalent?

And via that link we can apparantly pick up the keys to our new car if we want to!

I wonder if that is available to UK drivers? An extreme route to avoid an Audi dealership. But no doubt more enjoyable.

photo_7.jpg

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

Yup, americans really love the euro delivery program. I personally wont mind a trip to germany to collect my car.

Picture source: http://forums.audiworld.com/eurodelivery/

mister.c. said:
And via that link we can apparantly pick up the keys to our new car if we want to!

I wonder if that is available to UK drivers? An extreme route to avoid an Audi dealership. But no doubt more enjoyable.

I did ask when I was considering an A5 at the end of last year but was told no, although I was also told that audi aren't offering the A5 with the S-line option so who knows.

But Porsche offer it and charge you for the pleasure...

One of my company shareholders has done this twice now, Porsche really know how to do it, even covered on their insurance for a week while u pootle around europe on German plates.... I think its a great idea, and Audi should be willing to lay it on for people willing to pay

marriedblonde said:
But dont they charge you a grand for the option though?

it aint cheap... not sure how much it is

I raised the question of collecting a new car from Ingolstadt in the Audi Driver magazine some while ago following an article they did about customers from the US being able to do so.

Audi UK gave a reply which said it was currently only available for the R8, but that they were using this as a trial and hoped to introduction the same for other Audis at some time in the future.

I have visited the plant and the Audi Forum at both Ingolstadt and Neckarslum and it looks a great way to collect a new car. With the US customers it still involves the local dealer, because driver your new Audi across the Atlantic is not recommended. So after they have collected their new car and driven it around Europe for a week or two they deliver it to one of many collection points in various countries in Europe and it is then shipped out to the USA and delivered to the local dealer for the customer to collect. An arrangement for the UK must be a whole lot easier as we could drive ours home direct. All it needs is for Audi UK to put the necessary system in place.

This is something i would definitely consider and Audi should gt their finger out and make it a possibility for those who wish to. I think it'd give a great all round car buying experience.

I agree totally, but remember it is AUDI UK (the importer) that is currently stopping it from happening and not AUDI AG. (the car maker).

Audi have done it before... 6 litre A8s could be picked up from Ingolstadt, on International Transfer plates (not german plates) and once the cars were back in the UK a trip to dealers who registered them in the Uk and all was done...